Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Sounds great man! I think adding Wrestling New Classic would be cool.

One thing I did notice mate. I'm doing a test, TNA save. And there's no Knockout Championship picture? Minor but might be worth adding- especially if you're tweaking the TNA data.

Also I was trying think of some extra playable options for your Avatars; couple that came to mind:

- Trump (Obvious 'Owner' option like Dana)
    - Mike Tyson (Big fan)
    - Billy Corgan (Owner option & fan)
    - Melissa Joan Hart (Female option?)
    - Nita Strauss (Possible other female option?)
    - Adam Sandler (Big fan)
    - Snoop Dog (Big fan)

Figured I'd throw out some options man

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Sounds great man! I think adding Wrestling New Classic would be cool.

One thing I did notice mate. I'm doing a test, TNA save. And there's no Knockout Championship picture? Minor but might be worth adding- especially if you're tweaking the TNA data.

Also I was trying think of some extra playable options for your Avatars; couple that came to mind:

- Trump (Obvious 'Owner' option like Dana)
    - Mike Tyson (Big fan)
    - Billy Corgan (Owner option & fan)
    - Melissa Joan Hart (Female option?)
    - Nita Strauss (Possible other female option?)
    - Adam Sandler (Big fan)
    - Snoop Dog (Big fan)

Figured I'd throw out some options man
    Yeah, title belts are all a work in progress. Some are flat out missing. I found a belt cut pack I like, though it doesn't cover nearly everything. But I will be switching over to them gradually.

Good suggestions. Trump is a really obvious, especially with his history with the WWE, but there is now a ton of baggage that there that makes him one I'd just rather avoid. Corgan will be in there as an actual character due to his relationships with TNA and now NWA. Stauss is interesting as fuck, and Snoop is another really solid one because of his family connection to Sasha Banks.

Any UK-specific suggestions? Pretty much the best I have right now are ex-footballers, Simon Pegg, or Nick Frost (because he was in a wrestling movie) lol
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Yeah, title belts are all a work in progress. Some are flat out missing. I found a belt cut pack I like, though it doesn't cover nearly everything. But I will be switching over to them gradually.

Good suggestions. Trump is a really obvious, especially with his history with the WWE, but there is now a ton of baggage that there that makes him one I'd just rather avoid. Corgan will be in there as an actual character due to his relationships with TNA and now NWA. Stauss is interesting as fuck, and Snoop is another really solid one because of his family connection to Sasha Banks.

Any UK-specific suggestions? Pretty much the best I have right now are ex-footballers, Simon Pegg, or Nick Frost (because he was in a wrestling movie) lol
    That's cool man. And yeah, totally understandable with Trump Haha! I'd avoid that as well now thinking about it.

Glad you liked some of the suggestions I'll try and think of some UK based ones and get back to you.

Status

That's cool man. And yeah, totally understandable with Trump Haha! I'd avoid that as well now thinking about it.

Glad you liked some of the suggestions I'll try and think of some UK based ones and get back to you.
    With Trump, its not just that I disagree with a lot of his policies (I mean, I do, but...) but rather that he would likely create a reaction from some. I'm not totally avoiding "controversy" with this - Benoit is in it - but it just seems easier to leave him out. I've actually thought deleting Dana White as I just imported him from my 2K1 version early in the modding process and he's pretty dickish in ways I don't particularly like.

Modding update.... Still bashing away at broadcasters. Have about 1/3 left, which is pretty good. And then there will be a bunch of newer ones or missing ones to add, but that can even wait.

Last night, I took a break from the broadcasters to tackle the AJPW schedule. It is now fully in there, same as NJPW and Noah. Taking some info from Jon's testing, I made it a bit of a hybrid schedule - mostly tour shows, but some other types mixed in, with the biggest tours (Champions Carnival) being regular shows instead of tour shows. Testing it out right now.

I also have exactly ONE title belt with complete history in there. Its the AAA Mega championship and it was easy because the belt only goes back about 8 years. I even added title defenses to each - again very easy since there are like 1 defenses on most of the reigns. I don't know if I will / can continue to add defenses to each title holder as I go forward, but I'm going to try.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

With Trump, its not just that I disagree with a lot of his policies (I mean, I do, but...) but rather that he would likely create a reaction from some. I'm not totally avoiding "controversy" with this - Benoit is in it - but it just seems easier to leave him out. I've actually thought deleting Dana White as I just imported him from my 2K1 version early in the modding process and he's pretty dickish in ways I don't particularly like.

Modding update.... Still bashing away at broadcasters. Have about 1/3 left, which is pretty good. And then there will be a bunch of newer ones or missing ones to add, but that can even wait.

Last night, I took a break from the broadcasters to tackle the AJPW schedule. It is now fully in there, same as NJPW and Noah. Taking some info from Jon's testing, I made it a bit of a hybrid schedule - mostly tour shows, but some other types mixed in, with the biggest tours (Champions Carnival) being regular shows instead of tour shows. Testing it out right now.

I also have exactly ONE title belt with complete history in there. Its the AAA Mega championship and it was easy because the belt only goes back about 8 years. I even added title defenses to each - again very easy since there are like 1 defenses on most of the reigns. I don't know if I will / can continue to add defenses to each title holder as I go forward, but I'm going to try.
    Just so you know, finances seem to have improved on touring shows and they dont seem to be costing companies money like they used to. So from a financial standpoint, I think you stuck to touring, your companies will probably fare better than they previously did.

I can sort of guess what sort of issue will arise from making touring shows normal intent - the company will probably choose to air it on PPV (or whatever is their best broadcasting option) so youll end up with entire G1s and Champions Carnival on PPV. Something to that extent. The other issue is of course that the attendances will be extremely lopsided, I'm guessing, so you'll be getting very unrealistic crowds.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Just so you know, finances seem to have improved on touring shows and they dont seem to be costing companies money like they used to. So from a financial standpoint, I think you stuck to touring, your companies will probably fare better than they previously did.

I can sort of guess what sort of issue will arise from making touring shows normal intent - the company will probably choose to air it on PPV (or whatever is their best broadcasting option) so youll end up with entire G1s and Champions Carnival on PPV. Something to that extent. The other issue is of course that the attendances will be extremely lopsided, I'm guessing, so you'll be getting very unrealistic crowds.
    Well, the test I'm running looks solid for both AJPW and Noah. I just checked at the end of 2013. Both Noah and AJPW are marginally profitable - it varies by month. Noah has moved up in size.

I'm not sure its down to the patch tweaks (I'm not on the newest patch, for reasons) or the hybrid schedule. I did it quick and dirty for Noah and NJPW - I just mass-edited their tours for the G1 and Global League to be regular shows, not tour shows. With AJPW, I did it a bit different. Final tour shows are mostly regularly, touring kickoff shows are mostly Lesser, and then the Champions Carnival is all regular shows. One thing I did as I was adding the tour shows for AJPW is give them a bit of Importance. Not much, but above zero.

This will be something to tweak and test more. I haven't done worker popularity balancing with these companies and the company popularity probably needs to be tweaked for most of them too. But having them financially stable in the short term is a good starting point.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Well, the test I'm running looks solid for both AJPW and Noah. I just checked at the end of 2013. Both Noah and AJPW are marginally profitable - it varies by month. Noah has moved up in size.

I'm not sure its down to the patch tweaks (I'm not on the newest patch, for reasons) or the hybrid schedule. I did it quick and dirty for Noah and NJPW - I just mass-edited their tours for the G1 and Global League to be regular shows, not tour shows. With AJPW, I did it a bit different. Final tour shows are mostly regularly, touring kickoff shows are mostly Lesser, and then the Champions Carnival is all regular shows. One thing I did as I was adding the tour shows for AJPW is give them a bit of Importance. Not much, but above zero.

This will be something to tweak and test more. I haven't done worker popularity balancing with these companies and the company popularity probably needs to be tweaked for most of them too. But having them financially stable in the short term is a good starting point.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So I ended up buying the full retail game for my gaming desktop. The other copy is on my laptop. I've meant to do this for years. Makes modding on one while running a test sim on the other so much easier.

Found an interesting / weird error last night. Adam got it fixed already.

When I was creating the Dragon Gate schedule, I didnt location lock the tour shows. DG has a unique audience because they hit the rural areas more than any other puro company. The AI wont emulate that. I also created the monthly NEX Sanctuary shows and loctlation locked them to the DG arena, which holds 120 people. On tests, DG held most tour shows there too, apparently because they would draw less than 300 so their own arena would make the most financial sense. I may need to go thru and location lock most tour shows around Japan for DG then.

When it comes to the schedules of some other puro companies, including DDT, il probably going to look at what other modders do.

The tests are pretty solid results-wise. AAA is a bit stronger than I expected but I can look to tweak that.

I haven't looked at how broadcaster deals shake out just yet to tweak those cuz I should probably finish editing them first. But that will come soon and needs to happen.

Another thing I will probably need to go thru at some point is locations.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Ran a test soak to January 2020. It was more of a general stability test than outright results. Things are pretty stable over the period of time, which is great to see. A big element is that there isn't much for new workers coming in, so the game world is kinda static in that regard.

So for companies dying, we lost AAW, Wrestling New Classic, Dragon Gate USA, The Crash, OTT and Freedoms.

Wrestling of the Year 2013: CM Punk
    Wrestling of the Year 2014: Shinsuke Nakamura
    Wrestling of the Year 2015: Kota Ibushi
    Wrestling of the Year 2016: Hiromu Takashi
    Wrestling of the Year 2017: Kota Ibushi
    Wrestling of the Year 2018: Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Wrestling of the Year 2019: Tajiri Ishimori

Pretty obvious that NJPW are killing it but that's not unrealistic. They are at like 95+ popularity across Japan, which might be a bit excessive but they aren't translating that into global popularity.

WWE are still the #1 company. AAA are #2. The size rankings a big all of the place - NJPW is #7 at Big, Chikara is #8 at Small, and Dragon Gate is #9 at Big. But North American companies benefit from being able to gain popularity in Canada, and broadcasters might be a factor.

Lots of companies are pretty rich, but there are lot of indy companies that still have under $1m. So not everyone thrives financially.

The absolute coolest aspect is seeing companies make new stars. A few of them:

-WWE has AJ Lee, Ricochet, Drastik Boy, and Kana/Asuka as stars
    -TNA has turned Athena / Amber Moon into their biggest star
    -Evolve are a monster. They have Diasuke Harada, Bobby Fish, and Andy Bird that are all VERY over
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Have you tried running tests on revenue post the most recent patch? It may have only effected IPPV but the changes were so drastic that a company that was at 75 average pop with enormous IPPV worldwide, and getting 6.00 PPV rating went to get 1.00 PPV rating after the fact. The income has been HUGELY nerfed. If its IPPV only, I dont think it should effect your game world much but still worth giving it some test sims to see if the new finances may have altered things for your world.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Ran a test soak to January 2020. It was more of a general stability test than outright results. Things are pretty stable over the period of time, which is great to see. A big element is that there isn't much for new workers coming in, so the game world is kinda static in that regard.

So for companies dying, we lost AAW, Wrestling New Classic, Dragon Gate USA, The Crash, OTT and Freedoms.

Wrestling of the Year 2013: CM Punk
    Wrestling of the Year 2014: Shinsuke Nakamura
    Wrestling of the Year 2015: Kota Ibushi
    Wrestling of the Year 2016: Hiromu Takashi
    Wrestling of the Year 2017: Kota Ibushi
    Wrestling of the Year 2018: Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Wrestling of the Year 2019: Tajiri Ishimori

Pretty obvious that NJPW are killing it but that's not unrealistic. They are at like 95+ popularity across Japan, which might be a bit excessive but they aren't translating that into global popularity.

WWE are still the #1 company. AAA are #2. The size rankings a big all of the place - NJPW is #7 at Big, Chikara is #8 at Small, and Dragon Gate is #9 at Big. But North American companies benefit from being able to gain popularity in Canada, and broadcasters might be a factor.

Lots of companies are pretty rich, but there are lot of indy companies that still have under $1m. So not everyone thrives financially.

The absolute coolest aspect is seeing companies make new stars. A few of them:

-WWE has AJ Lee, Ricochet, Drastik Boy, and Kana/Asuka as stars
    -TNA has turned Athena / Amber Moon into their biggest star
    -Evolve are a monster. They have Diasuke Harada, Bobby Fish, and Andy Bird that are all VERY over
    Nice! Pretty cool man :D

Status

I finished up the broadcasters. They will still require testing and tweaking, and there are broadcasters that still need to be added. But the basic conversion process for them is done. So that's nice.

Back to adding some workers, as well picking away at other optimization stuff. I've been looking at Attributes for workers, but wasn't really tracking it, so now I've started doing that. I've also been looking at companies to check things like products, announcers, and so on. At some point before the beta release, I will have to do that systemically to clean everything up.

Have you tried running tests on revenue post the most recent patch? It may have only effected IPPV but the changes were so drastic that a company that was at 75 average pop with enormous IPPV worldwide, and getting 6.00 PPV rating went to get 1.00 PPV rating after the fact. The income has been HUGELY nerfed. If its IPPV only, I dont think it should effect your game world much but still worth giving it some test sims to see if the new finances may have altered things for your world.
    I think it was on patch 1.01 that I ran the test. I'm not putting TOO much stock into these tests at this point, for a number of different reasons. The patches is one of the reasons - things are continuing to get tweaked and adjusted for awhile. So while certain things concern me - like NJ having 95+ popularity in Japan in every region - I'm not going to address it until the game is more settled.

Nice! Pretty cool man :D
    I love soak tests. And it gets more fun as the game world solidifies and comes together more, as it always unfolds a bit different but in interesting ways. One of the absolute top new features in TEW for 2020 for me is that the AI makes stars more overtly.

One weird thing is that the debuting companies don't all have their power structures set up properly. So AEW isn't owned by Khan because I haven't added Kahn into the data yet. MLW ended up being ended up being run by Steve Austin.

One change I did make was having Game Changer Wrestling debut as GCW in 2015, with Brett Lauderdale as the owner. I originally had them re-debut in 2013 as Jersey Championship Wrestling, with the intent of using a narrative to change the name and logo. But this just feels more accurate and is the only way to end up with the correct owner.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Ran another test sim last night. The NJ growth is a bit concerning. I'm not going to take any extreme steps to neuter them yet, but I'm going to try tweaking a few things. I have no issue at all with them dominating the awards, but hitting high 90s in company popularity creates some weird dynamics.

I actually took a look at the broadcast deals that were negotiated by the AI-run companies. A ton of companies got broadcast deals with YouTube. Which isn't unrealistic, but it does create some popularity weirdness. I will have to see if its worth adjusting the requirements to make it harder for the smallest of companies to get such deals.

Adding talent again, as well doing some clean-up. Things like adding more events, checking that announcers are set for the company, checking products, etc. At some point, I am going to have to go thru each company to check everything, but this will just make that process smoother.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Adding some more workers, but also decided to start filling in title lineages. I tackled the WWE Championship (aka WWF World Heavyweight) and there are only a few workers who held it who weren't in the data. Trying to take the title defenses information from Cagematch, but that's a bit of a pain in the ass on any longer reigns. Lots of non-win defenses that don't really count. Fucking Sammartino had like 425 matches in his long-ass reign.

Almost thru to the end of the 2010s with that title lineages. What was a bit interesting was looking at the title defenses of some world title reigns in the mid to late 1990s. Guys who held the belt for a decent period of time (a couple of months) but barely won a match with the belt on the line.

I definitely need to do something about Dragon Gate. On the last test, the combination of them not properly touring and getting a TV show that was in their home-region only resulted in them having their Japan-wide popularity erode. I need to up their starting popularity a bit, I think. Might touch base with Genadi and see what he has for starting popularity for a few companies as a guide to tweak things.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Kinda chuffed. Shared the data with a poster on GDS who always struck me as knowledgeable. He's been providing some feedback, which I've been integrating. But what makes me feel pretty good is that he seems to really like the overall levels of things. His feedback will definitely help with some polish, which is nice. Lots of small things, like tweaking and Attributes.

Finished up the WWE Championship lineage. Only a whole fucking lot of titles left to finish up.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Kinda chuffed. Shared the data with a poster on GDS who always struck me as knowledgeable. He's been providing some feedback, which I've been integrating. But what makes me feel pretty good is that he seems to really like the overall levels of things. His feedback will definitely help with some polish, which is nice. Lots of small things, like tweaking and Attributes.

Finished up the WWE Championship lineage. Only a whole fucking lot of titles left to finish up.
    Awesome! Well done mate.

I'm looking forward to playing the finished article :D

Status

Awesome! Well done mate.

I'm looking forward to playing the finished article :D
    Thanks!

The feedback I've gotten from pretty much everyone who has looked at the mod so far has been good. Its just a nice reassurance after pumping hours into this to the point that I legit don't want to know the total.

Made some tweaks, bumping up the popularity of New Japan, CMLL, DDT, and Dragon Gate. Not massively, but a bit. Between the increased popularity and adding their broadcast deals, Dragon Gate are functioning more like they should. Like in many mods, they may end up feeling a bit overpowered sa they put on a lot of strong matches, but that matches the reality of their matches.

Beyond that, just continuing to add talent. No one too major at this point - its mostly all lower level talent. Some of whom might turn into solid wrestlers down the road.

One thing I will very much need to tweak, and knew this before I got any feedback, was that some of the young top prospects are a bit too good. This is notable on the UK scene. I need to tweak them down and use Potential to ensure they become really good.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Mostly focused on adding workers this weekend. 1570 now. Adding quite a few women wrestlers and legend or two. Also added in the lineage for the GHC World title.

I'm starting to run into some talent that I put on the list because they worked some company that as is active in the data, but they don't seem like they add a lot. Some have gone into regardless but others are being put on a sub-list that I will deal with later. One reason is that most don't have available cuts so I need to do cuts. Not a big deal at all by itself. But its workers who had 4 appearances in ROH in mid 2013 and have never worked for another company of significant, or one that its in the data. Its similar to the handful of WWE developmental talent who were there at this point but basically never did anything at all before or after. I may even wait until a beta release and see if people WANT these kind of talent in the data or not.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So I've gone through and adjusted the WWE and most of NJPW based on the feedback and suggestions I've gotten. Its nice to be getting things polished up, especially as I'm tackling Attributes for most of the talent that I'm adjusting. Since that's something that I need to do anyway, its nice to be making progress on multiple fronts with it.

Added in the full schedule for Stardom. I need someone who knows Stardom well to look at it at some point, but its fairly accurate to 2013.

I've been doing some testing. As some of the suggestions were slight buffs to some talent, and some of them are top talent, I was concerned with the results. NJPW were already a bit overpowered. And yeah, both the WWE and NJPW are spitting out too many top matches. I absolutely feel like both should be capable of putting on a high-90s match, and New Japan more frequently, but a few of the shorter tests had them both churning them out. so I've been tweaking a bit. I adjusted the product for both companies. NJ is now Mainstream Modern Puro and WWE is Wrestling Soap Opera. Previously had NJPW as Strong Puro and WWE as Family-Friendly Sports Entertainment (or something similar to that).

I'd rather avoiding nerfing the workers themselves. I could adjust popularity down a little bit for a few of them. I'm just hoping this tweak lowers the volume of top level matches. A six month sim and NJPW had 40 matches rated 90 or above. The WWE can sometimes have 4 to 6 matches in the 98 plus range. Again, the companies should capable of those caliber of matches but I just don't want them to be quite that constant if I can avoid it.

I have also upped the popularity of a few puro companies. AJPW and Noah notably were probably lower than they should be. So those two have now been buffed, along with DDT and Dragon Gate recently.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

An entire day between updates. Crazy.

Closing in on 1600 workers in the data. My list of to-add active workers is around 370. That's male and female in-ring talent. That's kinda cool. I'm guessing around 50 of those will be deferred until later as they are very low level and don't add a ton of value. But I do have quite a few non-wrestlers to add as well. Realized this morning that there are 160 refs in the data. I was thinking active talent (wrestlers and non-wrestlers) would top out around 2000 but its looking like it will be somewhere over that. Not too concerning as I may have overestimated the amount of yet-to-debut talent that will go into the data.

DDT now have a complete schedule. I've been researching for the companies that are missing. Would like every company to have a complete schedule, as much as possible. Along with title belts and belt lineages, its going to be a slow and gradual process.

I have a few more user characters now. They include Dana White, Wale, Genki Sudo, Pete Donaldson, Justin Timberlake, and a couple Japanese options I can't recall the names of. I've had some interesting suggestions so I will almost certainly end up with more options than I possibly need.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information