Country                    United States

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Lets see if Rowan becomes a star make yourself famous kid
    Dude's not a kid in any terms.

Status

Harper back but sadly the match and segment were totally dry. This crowd is ready to head out.

Hail To The King

Status

Harper only man I will be ok with rocking man bun

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Hail To The King

Status

Very fun match rn I am loving this.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Really good main event in my book. The Fiend coming out to attack Seth was the perfect way to cap things off. Love ya Seth, but your time is running out.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Pretty decent show overall, dug Sasha and Becky as well as the main event.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Rowan pinning Roman is pretty huge one would think. The direction of Harper/Rowan, and where Bryan fits in from here is what intrigues me the most going forward. Fiend/Rollins is going to be really cool, but it's just a matter of can Bray deliver during the match.

This shot at the end of COC on the WWE site is really cool.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'm not sure if it's just me but this felt like an Attitude Era PPV. Everything felt like it should and could've been done on Raw. Nothing felt like a PPV match in the time given or what actually happens until Sasha vs Becky happened. Odd.

Backyarder

Status

My favorite match was Becky/Sasha, thought it was really good and exciting despite the weird ending. Worst match of the night was Orton/Kofi. Best part of the night was of course The Fiend. It was also great to see Luke Harper back, hopefully they have plans for him instead of letting him sit at home doing nothing.

PROVERBS 3:5-6

Status

Quote Originally Posted by boomkattack View Post
    My favorite match was Becky/Sasha, thought it was really good and exciting despite the weird ending. Worst match of the night was Orton/Kofi. Best part of the night was of course The Fiend. It was also great to see Luke Harper back, hopefully they have plans for him instead of letting him sit at home doing nothing.
    It's pretty clear they have something in mind for him, isn't it?

WAKE UP

Status

Bayley vs Charlotte was short but awesome. Great asskicking and sneaky heel finish. makes you want a rematch.

Sasha vs Becky was an OK match with a strong brawl at the end. Becky is probably the best booked babyface becuase she gets to kick ass and stand tall.

Kofi vs Orton was good without being great. Another good showing from Kofi but never hit that next gear. Not sure this fued warranted more than 1 PPV match

Roman vs Rowan was pretty badass and a really fun brawl. Good to see Harper back, thought it was clear MOTN

Braun vs Seth was fun mostly for Strowman's performance, who I thought was awesome. They really need to get the belt off Seth though and its sad seeing Braun as the new Big Show or Kane rather than a top flight guy

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Bayley vs Charlotte was short but awesome. Great asskicking and sneaky heel finish. makes you want a rematch.

Sasha vs Becky was an OK match with a strong brawl at the end. Becky is probably the best booked babyface becuase she gets to kick ass and stand tall.

Kofi vs Orton was good without being great. Another good showing from Kofi but never hit that next gear. Not sure this fued warranted more than 1 PPV match

Roman vs Rowan was pretty badass and a really fun brawl. Good to see Harper back, thought it was clear MOTN

Braun vs Seth was fun mostly for Strowman's performance, who I thought was awesome. They really need to get the belt off Seth though and its sad seeing Braun as the new Big Show or Kane rather than a top flight guy
    Get ready for a 3rd one

Relentless Admin

Status

Didn't think there was anything great on the show, but there were a couple very good matches between the New Day/Revival tag, Becky/Sasha, Rowan/Roman and Rollins/Strowman. I loved Becky/Sasha, had the big fight feel and you have to put those two together in the cell now after that finish. AJ/Alexander and Charlotte/Bayley were great sprints but too short for what I wanted out of them.

Rowan/Roman definitely exceeded expectations. Rowan with probably his career performance but I have a bee in my bonnet about the finish - THIS is what we're building up Rowan and bringing back Harper for, to reform this tag team for like the 4th time? it's a backwards step that I can't get too excited for other than a Roman Vs Harper match, but I've been saying that for months about Bryan Vs Roman and it hasn't happened yet.

There's moments of Kofi/Orton I liked, but it did drag. I'm also feeling confident that Brock is suddenly going to reappear to end this reign not long into FOX era Smackdown. I can't see who they are building up to end this reign unless King Corbin switching brands at the draft and they go all in with him.

The reaction to Bray at the end shouldn't go unnoticed. The crowd are into this act big time and Seth Vs The Fiend and Sasha Vs Becky are two strong matches to have booked for the next PPV.

WAKE UP

Status

forgot new day vs rervival, that was rad but PLEASE give these guys more than 10 minutes because they clearly *could* tear the house down if given the chance

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Loved the Sasha vs Becky match. Haven't watched the last few matches, I've got zero motivation to watch them right now despite the praises.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm also feeling confident that Brock is suddenly going to reappear to end this reign not long into FOX era Smackdown.
    Wow quicker than I thought.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Wow quicker than I thought.
    I had a feeling as well, it was either Kofi/Orton III in HIAC, or Lesnar. I couldn't think of anyone else who would challenge Kofi after.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

There's moments of Kofi/Orton I liked, but it did drag. I'm also feeling confident that Brock is suddenly going to reappear to end this reign not long into FOX era Smackdown. I can't see who they are building up to end this reign unless King Corbin switching brands at the draft and they go all in with him.
    You nailed that Brock prediction (although I hold out hope Kofi retains just because fuck Lesnar) but I can't see them moving Corbin to SmackDown and into the title picture on FOX regardless of that development. The USA audience is locked in and used to the Corbin experiment but he's too much of a risk on FOX, he has shone during the King of the Ring tournament but he had go away heat before that and could easily turn people away from the show who didn't get to see his KotR performances. He's best served sticking around on RAW, maybe getting a short feud over the title following the Draft while they reset and build new challengers and then perhaps a midcard title reign to keep him bubbling under and making sure he can keep up his latest run of recent performances that have people praising him.

As for Clash... it was a show. Nothing really worked for me outside of Becky and Sasha. Everything else was fine, served it's purpose but didn't excite me at all... until The Fiend showed up. I just don't get how they can promote a show where every title is on the line and then treat the large majority of it like the undercard of an In Your House event. It's counter-intuitive and counter-productive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information