TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Royal Quest 2019 - 31/08/2019

ezgif-1-13c53d24517c.jpg

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki
    British Heavyweight Title Match: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    NEVER Openweight Title Match: Tomohiro Ishii vs. KENTA
    IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Guerillas of Destiny vs. Winners of the RPW Road to Royal Quest tournament for
    SANADA and Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White and Chase Owens
    Juice Robinson and Kota Ibushi vs. Yujiro Takahashi and Hikuleo
    Ryusuke Taguchi, Shota Umino and Ren Narita vs. Rocky Romero, YOH, SHO

---
    This is a pretty great card as far as the upper card goes. One of the more stacked non Japan shows New Japan has done.
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-13-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Heel Champion

Status

Re: NJPW Royal Quest 2019 - 31/08/2019

Actually going to be there for this and I'm pumped. The card is stacked. The only people missing who I wanted was Shingo, Yano and Liger but honestly those top 3 matches alone have me sold. Well excited.

WAKE UP

Status

I live in Stratford now and this is literally a 10 minute walk from me so I probably should go. I'll have a look at how much tix cost. Interested in Ishii vs KENTA but expect there to now be a bunch of BC shit bringing it down. Okada vs Suzuki for another 30+ minutes holds no interest to me.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I live in Stratford now and this is literally a 10 minute walk from me so I probably should go. I'll have a look at how much tix cost. Interested in Ishii vs KENTA but expect there to now be a bunch of BC shit bringing it down. Okada vs Suzuki for another 30+ minutes holds no interest to me.
    Well Tana vs Sabre JR won't hold your interest as well considering Sabre JR is going to work over the Arm of Tana like crazy and see how long he can take the pain. I'm not gonna lie in saying I know what is gonna happen with Ishii vs KENTA involving BC, but Ishii lights a fire under guys and he just might do that for KENTA and they might have the Match of the Night because of that factor. Taichi is a guy I haven't taken seriously at all as a Wrestler and his two Matches with Ishii some of my favs for NJPW and this Year in Wrestling in general.

WAKE UP

Status

only the cheap (well, ~£30) seat left in the nosebleed section. May look at the second market for any non-rip-off tix.

Those here going, how much did you pay and where you sitting?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Block C for me. Only had to pay £60 for it surprisingly considering any closer than that are the £100, £120 tickets.
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

oh wow, decent!

Relentless Admin

Status

Bit weird they haven't booked Liger for this with only 4 months left of his career. When else is he gonna get a send off in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Bit weird they haven't booked Liger for this with only 4 months left of his career. When else is he gonna get a send off in the UK.
    Liger is actually wrestling for Rev Pro on August 18 for their 7th Anniversary Show. Seems odd for Liger not to be involved in NJPW's stop in the UK, but that would be a potential farewell for him.

Ole!

Status

Yeah Rev Pro have announced its his last UK appearance which is rubbish but there we go

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

If you wanna take words literally, it's his last "scheduled" appearance, so he could still randomly pop up for one more show

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

He'll likely show up and do a speech or something. I think that would be a good way to have him on the show.

Status

I can't see him wanting to do the constant back and forth flights tbh, what with the Super J Cup in the US buffered inbetween

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

In London! Very excited for the show with a card that was way better than expected.

A few predictions:

Okada beats Suzuki
    Tanahashi beats Sabre for the title (yeah, I'm making that prediction)
    KENTA beats Ishii
    And GOD beats Aussie Open
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-31-2019 at 05:56 PM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Just some random thoughts.

Loved most of the matches. The main event was amazing. The clear match of the night. The most energetic, the best action, the most enjoyable. The whole show was really good. Loved the Young Lions & vs R3K. The CHAOS vs Bullet Club match was much better than I thought. Phantasmo comes across much better live than on TV. Aussie Open vs GOD was my second favourite match of the night. Even Bullet Club vs Juice and Ibushi delivered on all cylinders. KENTA vs Ishii was pretty good. They covered up the apparent concussion well with the interference from GOD (the crowd went crazy for it). Sabre vs Tana was a good match. Probably could've had better selling but it was good overall. Called Tana winning!! Loved seeing White and SANADA. Chase Owens looked great. Really loved what he brought to the table. Naito didn't do much until the post-match angle.

Got some interesting thoughts from the person I went with, who was seeing New Japan for the very first time. Suzuki and Okada came across as the biggest stars of the show. GOD and Aussie Open impressed a ton. His favourites were Suzuki, Okada and all R3K. Also oddly enough, Naito didn't make an impression (he couldn't remember who he was. And he thought I was talking about SANADA when I said he is the most popular guy in New Japan. Found that amusing tbh).

Heel Champion

Status

Now I've finally recovered from the horrific hangover I acquired from my all day and nighter Saturday. I can talk about Royal Quest haha. Honestly I hadn't been to a wrestling event in years and man, fucking hell am I glad this was the one I chose to make my return for. Went with my mate who was aware of a few names but hadn't experienced new japan before and we was both blown away. The opening match between Roppongi 3k and Taguchi, Narita and Shooter was a lot of fun. The result wasn't in doubt but seeing them live, I have a lot of hope for the future of both Ren and Shooter. With Roppongi, both me and my mate felt it was only a matter of time before Sho becomes a star!

Kota/Juice vs Yujiro/Hikuleo was another match with no doubt about the winners. Same time it was a fun contest and I'm thrilled to have seen Kota in person as I honestly put him up there as one of the best in the world. Juice was widely entertaining, Yujiro is a decent hand and I can defo see some improvement from Hikuleo now he is touring the UK. The Birds of Prey vs Phantasmo and Ishimori for us until much later on was match of the night. I've always been high on Taiji Ishimori while I've enjoyed Ospreay apart from his Twitter antics. But for me this was my first real experience seeing both Eagles and Phantasmo and I was blown away. Phantasmo just screams an asshole while Eagles impressed me a ton. Loved the 2 man Spanish fly finish which my mate is still texting me about today ha.

Now truthfully I'm someone who loves Jay White, so seeing him on the card got me excited. While this match wasn't in the same league as the one before, I loved the story in this bullet club vs LIJ bout. As you could feel the tension building between Naito/White throughout which led to the post match brawl. Really feel Chase Owens is under rated. While they maybe polarising also have to admit I love the Guerrillas of Destiny. The crowd was split with their match between them and Aussie Open. No Shame I was one of the GOD supporters haha. Thought the match was very good and hope that New Japan makes the Aussie boys an offer.

Kenta/Ishii was the rugged match we all wanted it to be. Hands down Kenta was the biggest heel of the night and knowing now he carried on despite a concussion has further impressed me. Looking forward to seeing a rematch down the line. Tanahashi/Sabre brought something different to the table I felt. The chain wrestled throughout before the finish out of nowhere. It was a great break in between and I'm thrilled to know that Tanahashi is going to be coming back to the UK to defend that title. And now we get to the main event! Fuck me it was amazing. I've always loved and been a fan of Minoru Suzuki. I've respected him since his Pancrase Days but now I've consistently been able to watch him, I'd put him as one of my favorite wrestlers. This match with him and Okada was an epic battle and honestly me and my mate bought into the hype that this could be the night Suzuki won the title. Excellent main event and it was an absolute delight to experience it live. Totally want to go to another New Japan Show! Can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

so I watched this last night and the feed for the first 3 matches kept going out god damn fite network or was it njpw idk.

No commentary either

6 man was alright I am not a huge fan of Rocky and that rugby gimmick is god awful

Motn: Ishii vs. Kenta which was good in my eyes.

All things considered out of the three ppv over weekend this was the weakest.

Jay White bores me and I csnt wait till BC kicks his ass out.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Let's be honest here the Tag Matches before GOD vs Aussie Open were solid to good, but nothing you gotta go out your way to see. As for the Tag Title Match this was great, with Aussie Open looking really good even in loss, while the Guerrillas stepped up like in the Briscoes matches and delivered, which was great to see. The crowd kicked ass here.

KENTA vs Ishii. Man I feel sorry for the people in attendance and watching this Match because this could of been so much more. The first Half of this Match was fucking great, with both guys doing their thing out there, and after KENTA getting dumped on his head the whole momentum changed. KENTA was was out of it for the remainder of the match to the point that it really should have been stopped or should of went home early I feel. Ishii I believe knew something was wrong with KENTA and he kept slapping him trying to wake him up and he was able to get his legs back enough to finish the Match.

I thought Tana/Sabre was a good clash again of seeing how far The Ace pain level could survive. Sabre JR is always going to put you in a position where you're going to be tested to see if you want it that badly and Tana prove he wanted it and was wiling to be crippled to win the Rev Pro Title.

Okada/Suzuki. How can you not like a older veteran going against the popular Champion? Suzuki has been waiting in the Wings since before the G1 to unleash his anger in a important situation and he got it vs Okada. I swear I don't understand why people test Suzuki and his Forearms you are not going to win a battle with this guy. Okada eventually found that out and needed to adjust his game plan and it lead him to retaining his Title. Easily my favorite moment was with Okada and Suzuki striking, and Suzuki laughing at him telling him that is all you got kid.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 09-03-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Status

Glad to hear my boys Aussie Open killed it on the big stage

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Glad to hear my boys Aussie Open killed it on the big stage

They really did. I like them as a team but they aren't someone who I go out of my way to see on a random show they are on but they really made me want to see much more of them than I do. Easy second match of the night.

Thread Information