Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJPW Royal Quest 2019 - 31/08/2019

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW Royal Quest 2019 - 31/08/2019

Just got done with Royal Quest. What an event. Cool of NJPW to go all in on a British card and even have a couple of title changes take place on foreign soil.

KENTA vs. Ishii had me hooked the whole match, even after concussion. It honestly took me a while to even realize he was concussed, though maybe it was pretty obvious. Nonetheless, KENTA is doing a killer job in his new heel role. The recreation of the Ishii/Shibata spot with the two of them sitting down and trading slaps was epic. GOD's involvement was off putting to me but it seems almost like a requirement for Bullet Club matches to be littered with interference. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Was expecting some kind of non-finish for it, but KENTA walked away the new NEVER Openweight Champion. Interesting choice there. NJPW seem to be high off clout, immediately strapping a rocket to Moxley and KENTA respectively. I guess strike while the iron's hot.

Was also surprised to see the win for Tanahashi. I was expecting ZSJ to actually put him out for a bit like he promised, to prepare Tanahashi for a big redemption run heading into the Dome. But I guess we're going the other way with ZSJ's streak of bad luck continuing. He's going to really go off the rails after this one. I know he's supposed to get a rematch against Tanahashi at one of the Destruction events. That should be an explosive match up.

Okada vs. Suzuki was fantastic. Let down only by the fact there was NO CHANCE Suzuki was gonna win. I think these guys make great opponents and the story of Suzuki trying to murder Okada out of the G1 so he could get the spot leading into this gave it a great backstory. Okada seems to be hot at the right time here and the inevitable battle between he and Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom should be nothing short of legendary

I also really liked the tag match between GOD and Aussie Open. I'll take more Aussie Open in NJPW gladly.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - THE FINALS!!
    Shock vs. Ed

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Just got done with Royal Quest. What an event. Cool of NJPW to go all in on a British card and even have a couple of title changes take place on foreign soil.

KENTA vs. Ishii had me hooked the whole match, even after concussion. It honestly took me a while to even realize he was concussed, though maybe it was pretty obvious. Nonetheless, KENTA is doing a killer job in his new heel role. The recreation of the Ishii/Shibata spot with the two of them sitting down and trading slaps was epic. GOD's involvement was off putting to me but it seems almost like a requirement for Bullet Club matches to be littered with interference. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Was expecting some kind of non-finish for it, but KENTA walked away the new NEVER Openweight Champion. Interesting choice there. NJPW seem to be high off clout, immediately strapping a rocket to Moxley and KENTA respectively. I guess strike while the iron's hot.

Was also surprised to see the win for Tanahashi. I was expecting ZSJ to actually put him out for a bit like he promised, to prepare Tanahashi for a big redemption run heading into the Dome. But I guess we're going the other way with ZSJ's streak of bad luck continuing. He's going to really go off the rails after this one. I know he's supposed to get a rematch against Tanahashi at one of the Destruction events. That should be an explosive match up.

Okada vs. Suzuki was fantastic. Let down only by the fact there was NO CHANCE Suzuki was gonna win. I think these guys make great opponents and the story of Suzuki trying to murder Okada out of the G1 so he could get the spot leading into this gave it a great backstory. Okada seems to be hot at the right time here and the inevitable battle between he and Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom should be nothing short of legendary

I also really liked the tag match between GOD and Aussie Open. I'll take more Aussie Open in NJPW gladly.
    Did you have problem with the fite feed by chance?

I think Kenta vs. Ishii was fantastic Ishii is just the man like hes NJPW at its best. I love the teeth spot he does. Shame WWE could never get Kenta like this though it doesnt help he is always hurt.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

I’ve only seen Suzuki vs Okada so far and I thought it was really fucking great, better than any Okada G1 match. Loved the teases on the piledriver even though the result was never in doubt. Excellent performance from Suzuki. Crowd raised it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information