Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edge Return?

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Edge Return?

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Edge really shouldn't come back even if he was cleared to, in my opinion. He really doesn't have anything to accomplish or achieve. And I really don't think he would impress anyone considering he wasn't very good in his heyday. Best live with the legacy you have. And with the body he has, it would be a major risk that's not even worth considering.
    Basically this.

Always felt Edge was incredibly dull in the ring (though he had many great spectacle matches, I'd say most of his matches bore me). I just dont see the appeal of him returning and I dont think theres any dream match with him either. Battle of the Spears? Battle of Canada? There's no selling point to an Edge return. I'll stop short of saying I hope he never wrestles, if he does decide to do more matches, I hope he's healthy af and that the matches arent embarassing and that he's fulfilled.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Edge was a bang average wrestler, and particularly in his later career was pretty bad. Kind of like Triple H, he was in enough prominent positions where he was almost guaranteed to churn out some great matches (gimmick matches galore, working with fantastic wrestlers at every stage of his career, every match given time and build). To me, he's the proof that great matches =/= great wrestler.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

I never had a problem with Edge's in-ring abilities, he may not have been amazing but he wasn't terrible. Plus, we all know he was never the same after the neck injury. What made him great was his heel character, he was one of the best bad guy characters to ever do it and had a bunch of charisma to push him forward. No matter what people thought of him, he was always entertaining. Despite that, no, I don't want to see him back in the ring, he has nothing left to prove and it makes no sense to risk behing paralyzed just to re-capture 15 minutes of glory. I'd much rather see him as like a heel manager maybe.

PROVERBS 3:5-6

Thread Information