Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE SummerSlam 2019 - Goldberg vs Dolph Ziggler

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Summerslam WWE SummerSlam 2019 - Goldberg vs Dolph Ziggler

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Goldberg shockingly emerged Monday on Raw with a simple message for Dolph Ziggler: “You’re next!”

Now, The Showoff will go one-on-one with the WWE Hall of Famer this Sunday at SummerSlam, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network at 7 ET/4 PT.

For weeks, Ziggler has been taking verbal jabs at the former WCW Champion amidst his tirades against legendary competitors returning to WWE, which The Showoff sees as taking the spotlight away from him. Goldberg had not been seen since his epic battle with The Undertaker at Super ShowDown in June.

On the Aug. 5 edition of Raw, The Showoff arrived to “Miz TV” thinking he was signing a contract to face The Miz at The Biggest Event of The Summer. But after Ziggler put pen to paper, The A-Lister said he was looking forward to meeting him in the ring next week on Raw. As a confused Ziggler tried to figure out what was going on, The Miz revealed that The Showoff should have read the contract a little closer, as he had just signed up not to face The Awesome One, but Goldberg! The Hall of Famer then arrived to sign the contract and send a warning to The Showoff.

What will happen when Dolph Ziggler stands across the ring from one of the most dominant forces in sports-entertainment history? Find out at SummerSlam, streaming live this Sunday at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network!
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 08-07-2019 at 12:04 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE SummerSlam 2019 - The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler

Even as a huge fan of both guys, Miz is pretty much the only reason I pay attention to WWE at this point, this is just such a nothing match. I thought it had been dropped, I expected Miz to miss Summerslam as well, he hasn't worked a PPV since MITB I think.

It could, and should have been a really fun feud with two guys who have amazing chemistry, and two guys who possess the talents that most of the roster lack instead its been a half assed feud where most of the time WWE just drops it and doesn't even acknowledge they're feuding. Miz couldn't even get on TV this week to further the feud.

There was such a promising start to Miz's babyface run, even I was surprised at how good he was as a babyface for the first third of the year, but now he's as irrelevant a shes ever been in 13-14 years in WWE.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Even as a huge fan of both guys, Miz is pretty much the only reason I pay attention to WWE at this point, this is just such a nothing match. I thought it had been dropped, I expected Miz to miss Summerslam as well, he hasn't worked a PPV since MITB I think.

It could, and should have been a really fun feud with two guys who have amazing chemistry, and two guys who possess the talents that most of the roster lack instead its been a half assed feud where most of the time WWE just drops it and doesn't even acknowledge they're feuding. Miz couldn't even get on TV this week to further the feud.

There was such a promising start to Miz's babyface run, even I was surprised at how good he was as a babyface for the first third of the year, but now he's as irrelevant a shes ever been in 13-14 years in WWE.
    Yeah they really dropped the ball with Miz, is he shooting movies/shows? I'm guessing Miz and Mrs occupies a lot of his time, but blah. Good for him but sucks for wrestling fans.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah they really dropped the ball with Miz, is he shooting movies/shows? I'm guessing Miz and Mrs occupies a lot of his time, but blah. Good for him but sucks for wrestling fans.
    In the past Miz and Mrs has never kept him off TV though. They've had Miz host Miz TV with Rollins and Dolph face KO again during this "feud". Just seems like a feud WWE only run when they dont want to shoehorn either guy into something else. Even Dolph was just a tool to further the Rollins/Bork and Bray/Balor feuds this week.

They should have followed up on the HBK segment though.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

This is rumoured to be changed to Ziggler vs Goldberg :S

Fearless University

Status

Yeah I've heard that rumour, and it doesn't really matter if they can this match.

Sure I'll bitch and moan about Miz not working another PPV, and how badly they waste him, and how ridiculous it is that he's so irrelevant now, and how it makes no sense that they'll push a guy as useless as Rollins to the moon but refuse to see anything good in a real Pro Wrestler like The Miz. But this match is so unimportant and lazily built too that it wont really matter.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Yeah I've heard that rumour, and it doesn't really matter if they can this match.

Sure I'll bitch and moan about Miz not working another PPV, and how badly they waste him, and how ridiculous it is that he's so irrelevant now, and how it makes no sense that they'll push a guy as useless as Rollins to the moon but refuse to see anything good in a real Pro Wrestler like The Miz. But this match is so unimportant and lazily built too that it wont really matter.
    Why is he actually barely around anymore? Is him filming Miz and Mrs getting in the way or something?

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Why is he actually barely around anymore? Is him filming Miz and Mrs getting in the way or something?
    No idea, I haven't heard/read anything about it.

Only things I can think of is he's getting a reduced schedule while Maryse is heavily pregnant.

Or Heyman likes the guy even less than the McMahons do.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I'm liking Ziggler again lately, but I'm not a Miz fan.

I really don't want to see these two feud again and have another match. So boring.

DZ vs Goldberg? Yikes! Surely not. If so, DZ is getting killed in less then 3 minutes I'd suspect.

"LET ME IN.."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Now that this is changed to Goldberg vs Dolph, the result is obvious. It's awesome that we're having Goldberg show up to put him with Dolph Ziggler of all people seems like a total waste.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Now that this is changed to Goldberg vs Dolph, the result is obvious. It's awesome that we're having Goldberg show up to put him with Dolph Ziggler of all people seems like a total waste.
    I think you mean having Goldberg with Dolph is a waste of Dolph.

Goldberg should NEVER STEP INTO A RING AGAIN AFTER BLOODMONEY. He is seriously gonna hurt himself or somebody else.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    BLOODMONEY
    I accidentally read that as Bloodsport and was confused for about a minute.
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I think you mean having Goldberg with Dolph is a waste of Dolph.

Goldberg should NEVER STEP INTO A RING AGAIN AFTER BLOODMONEY. He is seriously gonna hurt himself or somebody else.
    WWE has more use for Goldberg more than they do for Dolph. Also Dolph being in the ring with Goldberg is as big as a match Dolph will have for the rest of his career, squash or not. It's not the same vice versa.

And I never watched the Taker match nor do I plan to so I can't really go off that for how well Goldberg can go.

Goldberg probably should have a bigger opponent and have a competitive match with someone but I'll take a squash because it's Goldberg and it's something interesting at least.
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-06-2019 at 02:41 PM.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Not that I'm gonna watch, but considering Goldberg's big strength is entrance, get shit in, leave, it'd be a waste throwing in anyone higher up the card.

At least we know from the Shield days Dolph can eat a spear damn well, and that's the bare minimum required from a Goldberg match.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    WWE has more use for Goldberg more than they do for Dolph. Also Dolph being in the ring with Goldberg is as big as a match Dolph will have for the rest of his career, squash or not. It's not the same vice versa.

And I never watched the Taker match nor do I plan to so I can't really go off that for how well Goldberg can go.
    Goldberg has never been able to wrestle a good match in his life say what you want about Dolph but, he can still go. What does Goldberg have use wise for WWE besides wrestling for oil typhoon's in a 3rd world country that still cant accept LGBT community? He literally concussed himself on more then one occasion. I never understood Goldberg hype. I mean guy is as bland as a wet mop. He does the same four moves and one of them ended the career of Bret Hart. I am serious he should never wrestle again. People want this nostgalic act but usually doesn't live up to the hype and they end up regretting asking for one more match. I mean look at HBK, look at Foley theres many others. You guys complain about Shane taking up a spot and heres Goldberg comin in.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

Goldberg has never been able to wrestle a good match in his life say what you want about Dolph but, he can still go.
    If I had the choice to sit through a Goldberg or Dolph Ziggler marathon I'm taking the Goldberg marathon 100% of the time. He's no Steamboat but he has plenty of good matches and only a couple of complete duds. Ziggler is fine, I think people give him too much shit sometimes but he has a lot more forgettable or boring performances than he has good ones. And he just doesn't possess an aura the way Bill does.

What does Goldberg have use wise for WWE besides wrestling for oil typhoon's in a 3rd world country that still cant accept LGBT community?
    Drawing power? He can still get pops? Neither of which you can say for Ziggler I'm afraid.

I never understood Goldberg hype. I mean guy is as bland as a wet mop. He does the same four moves and one of them ended the career of Bret Hart. I am serious he should never wrestle again. People want this nostgalic act but usually doesn't live up to the hype and they end up regretting asking for one more match. I mean look at HBK, look at Foley theres many others. You guys complain about Shane taking up a spot and heres Goldberg comin in.
    I'd be interested to see what a fan poll would say. I sense that most wrestling fans would describe Dolph as being more bland than Goldberg. At least in Goldberg's case, he was an anomaly and accomplished things never seen before in the sport. He had/has a huge following. He was arguably the most over guy on the planet at one point. Dolph has actually been in WWE longer than Goldberg's entire in ring career and never reached the same heights. Never even came close. He had a few months where you could say he might have been WWE's hottest commodity but that all fizzled away and he's spent more time in obscurity than he has in the spotlight. Dude is also notoriously categorized as a Shawn Michaels ripoff who never came close to touching HBK in any aspect of the business. But again though, I do want to cut him some slack because he is a decent package and WWE has dropped the ball with him most of the time when he's gotten close to reaching his potential. I still think it's absurd to say that Goldberg is bland when comparing him to Ziggler.

Beyond that, a big difference that must be pointed out between Goldberg and Shane is that Goldberg hasn't been on TV for an hour per week between both shows for the last 9 months. He showed up for two minutes last night and that's it. Yes he may be taking this spot from The Miz but we don't know that there isn't some other reason Miz isn't competing. Beyond that, Dolph's return has been a flop already and he's now in the later phase of his career. If he gets crushed by Goldberg, it's not a big loss for anyone. Compare that to Shane who was beating supposedly the biggest star in the company in Roman Reigns as well as one of the actual best overall performers in The Miz, while simultaneously holding up Drew McIntyre's development by turning him into Test 2.0... yeah, Shane's done a bit more damage to warrant his go away heat.

Goldberg has never been able to wrestle a good match in his life say what you want about Dolph but, he can still go. What does Goldberg have use wise for WWE besides wrestling for oil typhoon's in a 3rd world country that still cant accept LGBT community? He literally concussed himself on more then one occasion. I never understood Goldberg hype. I mean guy is as bland as a wet mop. He does the same four moves and one of them ended the career of Bret Hart. I am serious he should never wrestle again. People want this nostgalic act but usually doesn't live up to the hype and they end up regretting asking for one more match. I mean look at HBK, look at Foley theres many others. You guys complain about Shane taking up a spot and heres Goldberg comin in.
    Goldberg may not be a workrate guy, but to say that he's never had a good match is crazy. The guy has a WCW MOTY under his belt.

*Edit* As far as Goldberg ending Bret's career, it's a simplistic response to say that Goldberg is responsible. Bret ultimately ended up working nine additional matches after receiving the concussion at Starrcade. Had Bret not wrestled those matches, perhaps the concussion at Starrcade would have just been a temporary absence from wrestling. Instead, those nine matches did not help Bret's condition at all.
    Last edited by Jim; 08-06-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Goldberg may not be a workrate guy, but to say that he's never had a good match is crazy. The guy has a WCW MOTY under his belt.
    Are you talking the Hogan match in the dome? Because that was circumstances more then anything you could of put anyone there with a undefeated streak against a heel Hogan at the time and gotten the same reaction in that arena with that many people around. Goldberg is made off the streak he never has that he is never anything in the bizz. Plain & Simple. Look at what happen when he joined WWE 1st time. He wasn't that big at all he failed more times then succeeded without an undefeated streak to hide behind.

In the end though this is my opinion where I will be told I am wrong I guess though. I just never found him interesting even as a kid watching WCW.
    Last edited by OMB; 08-06-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Are you talking the Hogan match in the dome? Because that was circumstances more then anything you could of put anyone there with a undefeated streak against a heel Hogan at the time and gotten the same reaction in that arena with that many people around. Goldberg is made off the streak he never has that he is never anything in the bizz. Plain & Simple. Look at what happen when he joined WWE 1st time. He wasn't that big at all he failed more times then succeeded without an undefeated streak to hide behind.
    God no.

I'm talking about the legitimately great match he had with DDP at Halloween Havoc.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    God no.

I'm talking about the legitimately great match he had with DDP at Halloween Havoc.
    the one where the finish never aired

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Thread Information