Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 30, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

205 Live WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 30, 2019

205 Live Preview
    July 30, 2019

Will Kanellis earn a title shot?

After weeks of verbal jabs and brewing tension, WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick attacked Mike Kanellis two weeks ago as The Opportunist turned his insults from business to personal. As a result, Maverick challenged Kanellis to a match, and if Kanellis is victorious, he will earn a WWE Cruiserweight Championship opportunity.

Kanellis has long felt he hasn’t been given the opportunities he deserves and now wants to prove to his wife Maria that he is a real man and can claim the Cruiserweight Title. In recent weeks, The Opportunist has also voiced his anger about Maverick’s focus on the 24/7 Championship. However, when Kanellis verbally attacked Maverick’s wife and marriage, the General Manager had had enough. And just as Kanellis and Maverick are set to do battle, The Opportunist won the 24/7 Championship last night on Raw moments after Maverick failed to claim the title in a Mixed Tag Team Match alongside his wife Renee against R-Truth and Carmella. However, Kanellis would lose the title when he obeyed his wife's demands to lay down and be pinned, thus making Maria the first-ever pregnant champion.

However, tonight the focus is on whether Mike Kanellis can silence Drake Maverick, earn a title opportunity and prove himself to his wife if he’s able to defeat the WWE 205 Live General Manager. However, as Maverick has shown in recent weeks while pursuing the 24/7 Title, he is relentless when he focused on a goal. Can Maverick take advantage of the lawless environment of an Unsanctioned Match and teach Kanellis some respect?

Can The Singh Brothers put on their greatest performance yet?

Following their rivalry with The Lucha House Party, The Singh Brothers turned their attention to The Brian Kendrick and Akira Tozawa. In attempting to condescendingly bestow a Bollywood Lifetime Achievement Award to Kendrick, The Singhs drew the ire of The Man with a Plan, who defeated Sunil Singh in singles competition. When the brothers attacked the former Cruiserweight Champion after the match, Akira Tozawa dashed to the ring, helped his partner dispel the brotherly duo and stand tall at Kendrick’s side.

One week later, Tozawa bested Samir Singh one-on-one and left the ring with The Singhs’ coveted Bollywood Award. Sunil and Samir responded by challenging Tozawa and Kendrick, and the former WWE Cruiserweight Champions gladly accepted, citing their respective resumes and aiming to put on a greater performance than their Bollywood rivals.

Don’t miss WWE 205 Live, tonight at 10/9 C, streaming live on the award-wining WWE Network.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 30, 2019

Maverick vs Kanellis in an Unsanctioned match is probably going to be worth watching, for the spectacle alone, and as Maverick's first - not counting the 24/7 'matches', I guess - match in WWE.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I don't know how to feel about the Maverick/Kanellis Match from this Week. If you put all that effort to have the Match itself and it's importance to Mike, and you have him lose so no Title Shot now. I feel for the guy even more now, and I wonder where we are going with this now.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I don't know how to feel about the Maverick/Kanellis Match from this Week. If you put all that effort to have the Match itself and it's importance to Mike, and you have him lose so no Title Shot now. I feel for the guy even more now, and I wonder where we are going with this now.
    I think it's a great twist. Too often the story goes in the obvious direction - in this example and many others, 'if X wins they get title shot' is the only match caveat, so therefore the obvious choice is X wins so the story progresses as one expects. I think it's better sometimes if they go in the opposite direction for a story, X doesn't win, doesn't get the title shot, and is forced to find another way to find a way to title contendership status or deal with their now title-barred status in a way that develops or enhances their character.

Plus, let's be real - Mike Kanellis anywhere near the Cruiserweight title is straight ick.

That said - the match itself was a total banger and probably the best Mike Kanellis match I've seen.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I feel like the result was also a way of getting Mike off of 205 Live and onto Raw where they seem to have a comedic use for him now. Mike had to win that match if he was staying on the brand I felt.

Didn't reach the levels of Spud Vs EC3 from Impact 4 years ago, but a really fun debut match from Drake.

Bring me Gable next week.

Hail To The King

Status

Im all for Spud wrestling REALLY wrestling. Mike K. by the end of year could be a huge babyface.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I feel like the result was also a way of getting Mike off of 205 Live and onto Raw where they seem to have a comedic use for him now. Mike had to win that match if he was staying on the brand I felt.

Didn't reach the levels of Spud Vs EC3 from Impact 4 years ago, but a really fun debut match from Drake.

Bring me Gable next week.
    Well if that it the case I wish him well on Raw, but how I'm I going to take him seriously after losing to Drake who hasn't been in Ring Action in quite awhile. I say all of this, and forget the stuff he's been doing on the Main Roster with his Wife

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Well if that it the case I wish him well on Raw, but how I'm I going to take him seriously after losing to Drake who hasn't been in Ring Action in quite awhile. I say all of this, and forget the stuff he's been doing on the Main Roster with his Wife
    Maverick is a great wrestler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread Information