Thread: Smackville DO you guys think WWE should air more house shows on the network ?

The Fiend of all Games

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Smackdown Smackville DO you guys think WWE should air more house shows on the network ?

I enjoyed Smackville for what it was but do you think that WWE should be using their streaming service to air more or if not all house shows in the future ?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Smackville DO you guys think WWE should air more house shows on the network ?

No. What incentive would one have to attend a house show if they can just watch it on the Network? The numbers for these events are already dwindling enough as it is.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Tom Hanks Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Smackville DO you guys think WWE should air more house shows on the network ?

Ehhhh nah. The couple they do a year is already enough. Add the Saudi shows in the mix and they're arguably airing too much programming that is totally inconsequential to the actual storylines. I guess that's fine for some people but it kills my interest to know that whatever happens isn't going to mean shit when Raw or Smackdown comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    What incentive would one have to attend a house show if they can just watch it on the Network?
    Being there in person. It's one thing if the WWE comes to your area multiple times a year like they do with some cities, but other places get a chance to go once or twice a year at most. The fact that it's televised just means that you'll able to re-visit what you saw live. After all, how is this any different to any of the PPVs or live TV shows? Just because Raw is on TV doesn't mean you're going to automatically skip out going to see it if it's in your area.

As for whether they should continue, at this point I don't think it matters. They're low effort shows. They're not really adding much interest, but I can't imagine they're hurting the WWE either. It's an extra hour of content for the WWE Network, something the WWE cares about more than anything else. I'd imagine such nothing shows as Smackville garnered slightly more viewers on the WWE Network last night than had the live stream just re-shown an episode of Photoshoot or Ride Along.

Thread Information