Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 23, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

205 Live WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 23, 2019

205 Live Preview
    July 23, 2019

Battle of the brands

As the Superstars of the Cruiserweight division set out to prove they are worthy of a title opportunity, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak is primed to compete in a 205 Live vs. NXT battle against a competitor with whom he shares a rich history – Isaiah “Swerve” Scott.

Despite a loss to Cameron Grimes in the NXT Breakout Tournament, the confident Scott has impressed the WWE Universe with his incredible speed and agility. Looking to make a statement in WWE, Scott aims to topple Gulak and put NXT – and 205 Live – on notice.

Before competing in WWE, Gulak and Scott crossed paths multiple times in EVOLVE and other organizations, thus providing a backdrop for a competitive clash.

Maverick and Kanellis sign contract for their match

Last week on WWE 205 Live, a heated confrontation between Mike Kanellis and WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick got personal when Kanellis started questioning whether Maverick was making his wife happy. Maverick finally had enough of The Opportunist’s verbal jabbing, attacked his tormentor and drove Kanellis from the ring.

Kanellis’ animosity stems from his feeling that he hasn’t been given the opportunities he feels he deserves and that Maverick’s quest for the 24/7 Championship is hindering Kanellis and the purple brand.

After the confrontation, Maverick told Kanellis he would grant him a championship opportunity if he could beat the General Manager himself in a match. This Tuesday, the contest will become official when Maverick and Kanellis sign the contract!

Don’t miss WWE 205 Live, streaming live Tuesday at 10/9 C on the award-winning WWE Network

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 23, 2019

Great to see swerve get an opportunity here. He’s someone like ACH or Lee that I think would be more useful plugging the gaps left behind by Alexander, Murphy, Ali And Itami leaving.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Tonight’s show should be good by the looks of it, what little I’ve seen of Swerve I really like and Gulak is Gulak so that should be good match.

The contract signing could be fun too.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Relentless Admin

Status

Raul Mendoza is also debuting tonight, teaming with Humberto to go against Lucha House Party who are apparently returning to the brand tonight.

All hail. Should be a great little show tonight.

Hail To The King

Status

I feel like WWE just doesnt know that they got a future star in Strickland the guy is talented af and the shit he did as Killshot was crazy good.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

This was another great edition of 205. Super fun tag team match between LHP and Carrillo & Mendoza, fun little Oney squash, and that main event was excellent.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I feel like WWE just doesnt know that they got a future star in Strickland the guy is talented af and the shit he did as Killshot was crazy good.
    I think they probably think highly of him, just based on the fact he's appeared on two brands already. Despite losing, it looks like they see his value and want to put him to use. I could see him becoming a 205 Live mainstay and given he has a lot more character than a lot of that roster, I could see him rising to the top pretty quick.

Hail To The King

Status

EC I hope he does I think the guy is one of the best indy stars wwe has ever signed. I mean the guy is fast af he can go and he proved that he could go toe to toe with papa gulak.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

Great episode of 205 Live, the A brand. Raul impressed with Humberto and I think as a team that would help Humberto find a place on this roster, Lucha House Party were a welcome return, Oney killing a guy, Drake's promo on Mike, Swerve and Gulak having another very good main event that this show is so used to. I feel like there's much more chance of Mendoza returning than Swerve, because Swerve's more likely to get an NXT opportunity, but I think both would be very handy additions to the roster. Love the story that Gulak had trained Swerve to give more of a backstory to the match. My only issue with Swerve is I'm not a fan of double stomps, kinda wish he'd switch that up.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Talk about one hell of a debut for Swerve this Week, as WWE is putting him in opportunities and seeing if he knocks it outta the park, and he is with ease like I knew he would. I liked how Gulak talked about how he trained Swerve, because it's a thing from WWE to not allow talent to talk about such things. The Match itself with Gulak and Swerve was very much the Teacher and Student showing the other what they have learned since the days of their Training together. The people got behind Swerve and was into everything he did out there. Gulak of course is going to do his thing and he messed well with a former Student of his, and we the fans were gifted this good Main Event. The Stock has been raised for Swerve after that one.

Happy to see Humberto teaming with Mendoza not just for NXT and NXT UK, but 205 Live now showing plenty of fire and chemistry with each other. Here's hoping for both guys it could mean bigger and better things for them.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

One hell of a main event. Loads of different components in this match combined together. Gulak working on the arm, aerial wrestling, some nice strikes. Just a great mix of offence. A big showcase for Swerve, who delivered on that. Although I didn't like the obvious thigh-slaps. At least try and hide it if you're going to do it. Swerve's selling of the arm was good too.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

If Mendoza & Carrillo get pushed I'll watch this show every week.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    If Mendoza & Carrillo get pushed I'll watch this show every week.
    They will need a mouth piece because they are dull mic skill wise. In ring great.

Speaking of Tag Team curious as to why 205 dont have tag titles

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Speaking of Tag Team curious as to why 205 dont have tag titles
    There were a lot of rumors of the launch of a tag division in 2018 with supposedly leaked photos of the design of the 205 Tag Titles coming out around WM 34. For whatever reason, it just never happened. I wonder if the WWE going with the re-launching of the Women's Tag Titles played a role in the cancellation of the tag titles. Between the Women Tag Titles and the NXT UK Tag Titles being created, it would be understandable for the WWE to think that there's too many tag titles being introduced within a short amount of time.

Below is the leaked design of the titles:

Relentless Admin

Status

They have too small a roster to bother having them anyway. Before this week the only tag teams on the show were Kendrick and Tozawa and the Singh Brothers.

Thread Information