Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 22, 2019

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 22, 2019

I thought the show was fun, if you go in watching this with zero expectations then you’ll probably have a good time, at least I did anyway.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

I thought it was a fun enough show in a vacuum but the continued reverence and pandering to the older generation continues to be a significant problem for this product as it has been for many years. Joking out established talent like Zayn and The OC just to get some cheap legend pops is the sort of stuff that's put WWE in the stale bind they're in now.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Where was Sid?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I enjoyed the guest appearances, the Cena intro mainly but the rest of the show was okay. Honestly, I didn't think they did a good enough job of giving the people who came for the legends a reason to stay watching next week.

However, I thought that Joe vs Roman was a fun match.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Where was Sid?
    Playing Softball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I thought it was a fun enough show in a vacuum but the continued reverence and pandering to the older generation continues to be a significant problem for this product as it has been for many years. Joking out established talent like Zayn and The OC just to get some cheap legend pops is the sort of stuff that's put WWE in the stale bind they're in now.
    My overriding feeling on the show. Some nice short term nostalgia pops, but what's going to have those extra fans from this week tuning in next week? What's the hook for next week that they shot last night?

Feels like a bit of a waste when you have two superstars getting pushes and being thought of as Stone Cold like characters in Owens and Becky, and you have Austin on the show but all you have him doing is drinking beer with the other old timers. Could of made a lot more use out of that appearance, at least the Raw 25 appearance I'll youtube from time to time.

Hail To The King

Status

Rollins to me is just kind of The Guy by default. There was such a backlash about Reigns that he was thrusted into that postion. That said Rollins & Lesnar story makes sense given Rollins cashed in so many years ago on Brock. So Brock cashing in on him does further the story but still think its a waste of mitb.

I think whoever the top guy is will always get negative response because there are so many that are worth a top spot that said we would all bitch if title changed every 2 months.

Cesaro Joe Kofi Roman Seth AJ Black Ricochet Owens Zayn Big E and so many more should be top guys but with this much talent its impossible to make everyone happy.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Rollins to me is just kind of The Guy by default. There was such a backlash about Reigns that he was thrusted into that postion.
    It's funny, because after all the backlash of Reigns being overpushed and forced to be 'The Guy', Reigns is certainly way more suited to being the guy compared to someone like Seth. He carries himself well, he represents the company fantastically well in media and doesn't start any childish fights on twitter with other companies, better talker, better big match wrestler.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It's funny, because after all the backlash of Reigns being overpushed and forced to be 'The Guy', Reigns is certainly way more suited to being the guy compared to someone like Seth. He carries himself well, he represents the company fantastically well in media and doesn't start any childish fights on twitter with other companies, better talker, better big match wrestler.
    The first two points are certainly in Reigns' favor. Disagree that Reigns is a better talker or worker in general. And let's not overlook the fact that Rollins actually has crowd support as the face champ. Which is worth more than just a little. But I kinda hate to pin any blame on either guy. Because when it comes down to it, I think Reigns has shown enough times that he can be a good wrestler and a good promo, but having to do things the way Vince wants cuts him down. With Rollins, he has a good look, he's intense, he's had some very memorable matches and moments, but WWE just mishandle him. Why have him beat Brock in such heelish, even cowardly fashion? Why have him wrestle Baron Corbin for months? Why emasculate him and make him second fiddle to his girlfriend? Both these dudes should have BEEN established stars by now. They're suffering from WWE's poor creative and wishy washy pushes and really, neither guy is so good that they're able to overcome it like a Daniel Bryan would.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both guys could easily be top guys, but WWE's handling of them is ultimately what cripples them from filling the roles like Austin, Rock, Trips, Cena, Batista, Orton and others before them.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    UK

Late to the party for this RAW but definitely a few highlights for me.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is the man and is welcome on Raw absolutely any time for me!

The fiend is probably the most intriguing thing on WWE television these days and they are doing a fantastic hype job for me. Loving the build for Bray ATM.

Also don't know how long it will take to get the image of Kurt Angle, Sgt Slaughter, RVD & The Hurricane walking down the ramp together out of my head. If they don't compete together at Survivor Series what a missed opportunity that is!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information