Thread: Rush

WAKE UP

Status

Rush

Great tag against in ROH recently reminded me how good he is. One of the most charismatic workers in the world and portrays himself as larger-than-life. Also a terrific brawler - I am a big fan of the PARK fued - where he does it all, hitting hard, taking big bumps and shots, showing colour, riling up fans to the point of near riot.

The PARK fued alone, which ranges from good to total pro wrestling spectacle, is enough for me to think of him as a contender, but I'll see what else is in the catalogue before thinking of where he'd place.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Rush

The Briscoes tag was a rare match of his that I enjoyed. I may revisit the LA Park stuff, but I wasn't keen on it I have to say.

Perhaps Zero has some recs for me that might change my mind, but he doesn't strike me as a top 50 guy.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watched the Briscoes v Rush/Lee match. Another great match for the brother duo and Rush specifically.

I'm not sure where I would put him as I will need to watch the 2015-2016 stuff.

Relentless Admin

Status

Probably had Matt Taven's career match this weekend.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Probably had Matt Taven's career match this weekend.
    It was a great match. Totally deserved and i can't wait to see him face off with guys like Lethal, Gresham, Cobb and the Briscoes. They noted on the commentary during the show That Dragon Lee and Rush are owed a title shot after beating the Briscoes a few weeks ago.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

Wow, the Taven match totally over-delivered. Weird seeing Rush as the fiery babyface but he pulled it off and I thought they laid the match out well. The suplex slam to the floor was a nutso bump. Every time Rush took it to the floor, you could sense some crazy wreckless shit was gonna happen. Surely the best match Matt Taven has ever had.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Wow, the Taven match totally over-delivered. Weird seeing Rush as the fiery babyface but he pulled it off and I thought they laid the match out well. The suplex slam to the floor was a nutso bump. Every time Rush took it to the floor, you could sense some crazy wreckless shit was gonna happen. Surely the best match Matt Taven has ever had.
    it might be the best singles match hes ever had. In all honesty hes had some good to great defenses. but yeah that suplex slam was mental
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Been rewatching some of Rush's 2019 matches like the Euforia and Munoz Family vs Parks trios match. Rush was great in both matches, especially the Euforia match where he brought someone who I don't take much notice of to a higher level.

Rush has a ton of great high level matches, it's just everything else that's not great or isn't as good as some others. Maybe top 30.

Thread Information