Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 16, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

205 Live WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 16, 2019

205 Live Preview
    July 16, 2019

Jack Gallagher to battle Smackdown LIVE's Chad Gable in highly anticipated rematch

Ever since SmackDown LIVE’s Chad Gable scored a controversial victory over Gentleman Jack Gallagher by count-out last month, the WWE Universe has been eagerly anticipating a rematch between the two Superstars in order to finally determine a definitive winner.

Although Drake Maverick has been distracted from his duties in his pursuit and defense of the 24/7 Title in recent weeks, the 205 Live’s General Manager is now looking to make up for his performance by arranging this rematch tonight!

For his part, Gallagher recently regained his momentum since his match against Gable, which has sparked a new fire inside him. Can he maintain that hot streak against his toughest challenge to date and erase the bittersweet memory of his count-out loss?

Don’t miss WWE 205 Live, tonight at 10/9 C on WWE Network.

Drew Gulak remains in control

Since returning to action in June after a brief hiatus, Drew Gulak has displayed a more aggressive attitude and in-ring repertoire. At WWE Stomping Grounds, Gulak defeated Akira Tozawa and then-champion Tony Nese to at long last lay claim to the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. This past Sunday at WWE Extreme Rules, Gulak proved that his victory at WWE Stomping Grounds was no fluke and defeated his former friend The Premier Athlete to retain the championship in his hometown of Philadelphia.

Long gone are the campaign slogans and PowerPoint presentations, as Gulak is focused on letting his abilities inside the squared circle do the talking. With The Biggest Event of the Summer on the horizon, will a new challenger make a strong case to be the one to face the champion?

Akira Tozawa goes one-on-one with Samir Singh

One week after Akira Tozawa emerged to save his friend and mentor The Brian Kendrick from a 2-on-1 post-match assault at the hands of The Singh Brothers, WWE.com has learned that Akira Tozawa will battle Samir Singh.

Mike Kanellis is in action tonight and is looking to make a statement

Last week on WWE 205 Live, Mike Kanellis interrupted Gentleman Jack Gallagher’s match to air his grievances – or trash as it were – regarding his dissatisfaction with WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick. Kanellis has long felt that Maverick has not given him opportunities and has recently been too focused on the WWE 24/7 Championship. Maverick tried to reason with Kanellis following the outburst, but his words fell on deaf ears.

Kanellis feels Maverick has ruined his life and that interrupting WWE 205 Live is the proper way to reciprocate. Despite Kanellis’ rage, Maverick fined The Opportunist for his actions. Kanellis remained defiant and promised to defeat his opponent tonight – no matter who it is -- to see how big a fine Maverick would issue then.

Who will face the wrath of Mike Kanellis? Don’t miss WWE 205 Live, streaming live tonight at 10/9 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion - July 16, 2019

Look Ed, we finally get a rematch between Gable and Gallagher. That should be a barn burner of a match.

Singh and Tozawa should be fun, and I’m interested in who will face Mike Kanellis. Hopefully there’s less of this cringeworthy angle with Mike and Maria on this show, but I’m not going to get my hopes up on that

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Excellent news. Will be tuning into that one for sure asap.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Uh, Gabe/Gallagher MOTY?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Uh, Gabe/Gallagher MOTY?
    It sure is a contender in my book, ooh boy that match rocked my socks off. If I could get more matches between them that would be great, or just more Gable on 205 please.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

My god that was worth the wait, loved that, just needed to catch Gallagher on that dive spot outside the ring, but otherwise tremendous stuff.

Looks like Drake's gonna start wrestling soon on this show.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Gable/Gallagher 2 is one of the best Matches I've seen this Year if not Top 5 from 205 Live this Year. Gable and Gallagher kept evolving as in Ring Talents as the Match kept going and the Match's intensity did as well. It's one thing to have one banger, but in a rematch how do you give us the same greatness like in the first Match and give us fans new stuff as well. Gable and Gallagher figured out that equation and we got in my opinion a even better second Match between the two. Wonderful stuff guys!

Also I popped so hard seeing Drake go nuts. Spud in Impact was great and I'm sure they are going to play up he's not a Wrestler or he can't hang with the talents in the WWE, and Drake pulls off great Matches with Kanellis. At least that is my hope for the feud.

Thread Information