Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 202

Thread: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

  1. #1
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    359651
      Country                    Canada

    All Elite Wrestling AEW - All Out - 08/31/19




    ---

    Vacant AEW World Championship
    'Hangman' Adam Page vs Chris Jericho

    ---

    Singles Match
    Kenny Omega vs PAC

    ---

    Singles Match
    Cody Rhodes vs Shawn Spears

    ---

    Ladder Match - AAA Tag Team Titles
    The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs Lucha Brothers (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix)

    ---

    Singles Match
    Riho vs Hikaru Shida

    ---

    Winner Receives First Round Tag Team Tournament Bye
    Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta) vs The Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson)

    ---

    AEW Womens Championship Presentation

    ---

    Triple Threat Match
    Darby Allin vs Joey Janela vs Jimmy Havoc

    ---

    6-Man Tag Team Match
    2 Boys & Their Dinosaur (Marko Stunt, Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus) vs SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky)

    ---

    THE BUY IN

    ---

    Tag Team Match
    Private Party vs Angelico & Jack Evans
    ---

    Women's Casino Battle Royale

    Last edited by Raye; 08-26-2019 at 08:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    359651
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    The card looks really solid so far. I really hope they announce Riho vs Yuka after what happened at Fyter Fest, it would also be the best match to redeem the Women's division thus far in my eyes.

    I'd have to imagine that Allie/Aja Kong vs Brandi/Awesome Kong probably can/will be a match. I think it would be fine as long as people don't expect a work-rate based match here and can appreciate the moment of two legends in the business for the side of the women, in the Kongs.

    As for the men, apparently MJF is injured, but a backstage promo would be great. I can see something like SCU vs A Boy And His Dinosaur perhaps being thrown onto the card. I feel like Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are currently just too over to be left off of here.

  3. #3
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,964
    Rep Power
    2491329
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    I think a tag with the Kongs is the direction to go in, I really wouldn’t trust a one on one match at their age, and especially awesome kong’s ring rust.

    moxley/omega is a big match.

    Please let this be the last time bucks and Lucha bros wrestle for a long time.

  4. #4
    THE HEARTBREAK KID
    Deco90's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Power
    206774
      Country                    Portugal

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Shaping up nicely!

    Yeah I agree with the Kongs- probaly best to go with a tag match. Otherwise, you've got to make it purely about the spectacle and end it quickly. Like a Brock vs Goldberg kind of deal.

    The Bucks vs the Lucha's Bros, ladder match, what's that actually for? I'm down to see it regardless.

    Any chance of a Neville appearance? Neville vs CIMA maybe?


    "LET ME IN.."

  5. #5
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    1002615
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    The Dark Order vs The Best Friends and Omega vs Moxley sounds exciting. I think this is the best chance Dark Order have to getting over and being taken seriously by the fanbase. Omega vs Moxley will be very heated and you know Omega will go all out so it should be fun.

    The rest of the card is okay, but it has it's place on the show so I can't complain too much. The Bucks have not been good in their AEW matches so far and the Lucha Bros matches have grown tiresome for me. It is a ladder match so it should be better though.

  6. #6
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32,525
    Rep Power
    404612

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    looking forward to Omega vs Moxley - both guys are good workers, they've done a great job building up to it in a short amount of air time, it feels like a big match and both guys are going to be super motivated.

    Adam Page is sub-Seth Rollins for me so have zero interest in that. Zero interest in Bucks vs Lucha Bros. Cody vs Tye sounds like a fun 10 minute Smackdown match, zero interest in them working a 20 minute PPV level match. Zero interest in BF vs Dark Order but atleast the booking behind it has given it some heat.

    PAC is still a confirmed roster member so expect him to show up at some point.

    Unlikely to happen but would love to see Darby vs Dustin as an undercard match

  7. #7
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    1002615
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Shaping up nicely!

    Yeah I agree with the Kongs- probaly best to go with a tag match. Otherwise, you've got to make it purely about the spectacle and end it quickly. Like a Brock vs Goldberg kind of deal.

    The Bucks vs the Lucha's Bros, ladder match, what's that actually for? I'm down to see it regardless.

    Any chance of a Neville appearance? Neville vs CIMA maybe?
    CIMA is definitely not an option. CIMA and DG's relations aren't the best right now and I doubt they would want PAC to face CIMA.

  8. #8
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    359651
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    looking forward to Omega vs Moxley - both guys are good workers, they've done a great job building up to it in a short amount of air time, it feels like a big match and both guys are going to be super motivated.

    Adam Page is sub-Seth Rollins for me so have zero interest in that. Zero interest in Bucks vs Lucha Bros. Cody vs Tye sounds like a fun 10 minute Smackdown match, zero interest in them working a 20 minute PPV level match. Zero interest in BF vs Dark Order but atleast the booking behind it has given it some heat.

    PAC is still a confirmed roster member so expect him to show up at some point.

    Unlikely to happen but would love to see Darby vs Dustin as an undercard match
    If Dustin still has something in the tank (as in he hasn't retired after FFTF), I'd love to see that.

    PAC is going to come in at some point, I'm sad that things went down as they did though as I was really looking forward to PAC/Page the most at DON.

    CM Punk is commenting a lot on wrestling lately so 1% of me is still holding out some hope.

  9. #9
    THE HEARTBREAK KID
    Deco90's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Power
    206774
      Country                    Portugal

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    CIMA is definitely not an option. CIMA and DG's relations aren't the best right now and I doubt they would want PAC to face CIMA.
    Oh really? Didn't know that.

    Not really sure who else I would like to see him face who's not already booked

    Still intrigued with which match will go on last. Hard call.


    "LET ME IN.."

  10. #10
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,964
    Rep Power
    2491329
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    tbh at this point, you might as well save PAC for when you debut on TV.

  11. #11
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    359651
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    tbh at this point, you might as well save PAC for when you debut on TV.
    Agreed. If we see any surprises at All Out, it's likely between LAX, CM Punk, and/or a new women's wrestler.

  12. #12
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,964
    Rep Power
    2491329
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Agreed. If we see any surprises at All Out, it's likely between LAX, CM Punk, and/or a new women's wrestler.
    The womens championship presentation sounds like a segment that could well result in a debut.

  13. #13

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    1198118
      Country                    United States

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    The tag team ladder match is for the AAA Tag Team Championship, no?

  14. #14
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    1002615
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    The tag team ladder match is for the AAA Tag Team Championship, no?
    Yeah. Been feuding over it for months now.

  15. #15
    THE HEARTBREAK KID
    Deco90's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Power
    206774
      Country                    Portugal

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    The tag team ladder match is for the AAA Tag Team Championship, no?
    I assumed this- but to my knowledge and memory, they've not been carrying them the last two shows. So wasn't sure.

    And yeah, not a bad idea as suggested to keep PAC back for the TV debut.


    "LET ME IN.."

  16. #16
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    1002615
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I assumed this- but to my knowledge and memory, they've not been carrying them the last two shows. So wasn't sure.

    And yeah, not a bad idea as suggested to keep PAC back for the TV debut.
    Lucha Bros already won back the belts at an AAA show last month which is why you haven't seen the Bucks carry the belts.

  17. #17
    THE HEARTBREAK KID
    Deco90's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Power
    206774
      Country                    Portugal

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Lucha Bros already won back the belts at an AAA show last month which is why you haven't seen the Bucks carry the belts.
    No, dude. I know that.

    I mean- I don't recall seeing the Lucha Bro's carrying the belts on any AEW show since.


    "LET ME IN.."

  18. #18
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    359651
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19



    That Hangman promo was great.

  19. #19

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,836
    Rep Power
    1198118
      Country                    United States

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Page and Spears both cut excellent promos here. I think they both did a great job of getting me more invested in their matches. Not sure why Tully is becoming involved in this Spears/Rhodes things aside from him obviously being one of Dusty's peers.

  20. #20
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    1002615
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

    Page's promo was decent. He actually showed personality for a change! They still got a long way to go before they start getting some interest in this title match from me though.

    Tully Blanchard being Spears' manger makes Spears far more interesting, so good job there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •