Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

People's Champion

Status

Re: AEW - All Out - 08/31/19

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Page's promo was decent. He actually showed personality for a change! They still got a long way to go before they start getting some interest in this title match from me though.

Tully Blanchard being Spears' manger makes Spears far more interesting, so good job there.
    Hes cut some pretty good promos in ROH.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Very nice promo from spears, really impressed me how he put himself across with a serious character, although I think bringing Tully in out the blue to manage him sort of seems counter productive. If he wants to prove he’s more than a good hand, can’t he do that on his own rather than bring someone in to elevate him.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Page's promo was decent. He actually showed personality for a change! They still got a long way to go before they start getting some interest in this title match from me though.

Tully Blanchard being Spears' manger makes Spears far more interesting, so good job there.
    Idk how much further they can go after he ripped stitches out of his forehead ahah.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Hm weird, any reason why did AEW logo in the title didn't work when I made the thread?

Also with PAC dropping the DG title, I think his return to AEW is inevitable.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Hm weird, any reason why did AEW logo in the title didn't work when I made the thread?
    Did you select it from the rest of the posticons?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Did you select it from the rest of the posticons?
    Yeah, it even shows on the OP o_o

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Bucks/Lucha Bros ladder match made official. They're calling it Escalara De La Muertes which on google translates means Staircase of Death. Idk the language but is that what they normally call a ladder match or is it implying a more hardcore ladder match?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

In Lucha they usually just call it a ladder match in English. Perhaps this new one is a more hardcore version. Heck we might even see tables and chairs in this thing and not just ladders.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

A TLC match was what I was thinking of. You might as well as they usually have them in anyway, and it adds another layer to the match on-top of the two teams trying to do their usual match, only with ladders in the mix.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Darby vs Janela vs Havoc made official.

Relentless Admin

Status

Kinda annoying there's always some 3 way or 4 way on these shows, decent set up this time though, could be a fun match.

Good Mox promo on Omega.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Kinda annoying there's always some 3 way or 4 way on these shows, decent set up this time though, could be a fun match.

Good Mox promo on Omega.
    Yeah I'm kind of meh about the 3-way as well. I think I'd care a little bit more if I knew there was a midcard title for these guys to compete for and that maybe they were climbing the ranks for that, but I don't really see what a win here does for either guy. None of them are anywhere close to World Title contention with Omega, Jericho, Moxley, Cody, Page, and Spears, who all feel way above the food chain compared to them at the moment. Maybe it'll set up a strange bedfellows tag team for the tag tournament somehow with 2 men earning each other's respect. Guess we'll have to see. The match I think is Darby's to win though.

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah I'm kind of meh about the 3-way as well. I think I'd care a little bit more if I knew there was a midcard title for these guys to compete for and that maybe they were climbing the ranks for that, but I don't really see what a win here does for either guy. None of them are anywhere close to World Title contention with Omega, Jericho, Moxley, Cody, Page, and Spears, who all feel way above the food chain compared to them at the moment. Maybe it'll set up a strange bedfellows tag team for the tag tournament somehow with 2 men earning each other's respect. Guess we'll have to see. The match I think is Darby's to win though.
    I personally feel the three guys are all in the mix with the other main eventers right now. Darby took Cody to a draw so that immediately shows his credibility. Janela has main evented. Havoc doesn't really have any big moment to lean on but he's been kept strong so far anyways. I don't know if/when one of those guys will get a win off someone like Jericho, Moxley or Omega but I think they could all be contenders for the world title in the near future if needed.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Good Mox promo on Omega.
    Why? Its a good way for talent to get on and to mix styles besides its three guys who can really go im excited for this over rest of show minus page vs jericho & omega vs mox

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

I think the positive thing about it is that they recognise these three guys are their midcard and that they all have a following on the indies so they feel like they're too big to leave off the show, but because almost every AEW show so far has had 3 or 4 ways it feels like they can't ever make a difficult decision to leave people off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Why? Its a good way for talent to get on and to mix styles besides its three guys who can really go im excited for this over rest of show minus page vs jericho & omega vs mox
    Just a cumulative effect of running so many of them though. For my personal tastes I'll always enjoy singles and tags more than I will 3 or 4 ways that tend to be spotty in nature.

I imagine the three-ways and four-ways will be less common on PPVs once the TNT show begins. Until then, AEW is just trying to get as many wrestlers on the card as possible. Once the TNT show begins, it won't matter if you're not booked on the PPV, you can still be spotlighted on the weekly show. Without the weekly show, if you don't get booked on one of these summer PPVs, you're not being featured on an AEW show for a full month.

Relentless Admin

Status

I'd agree, hopefully it'll calm down at their first PPV post TV.

WAKE UP

Status

dissappointed to see my guy Darby lumped with 2 loads in a threeway, hopefully they make it a three-way-dance style match but i doubt it

Mid-Card Champion

Status

This weeks Road to All Out. Great stuff, refreshing take on a contract signing.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I really like the way they build up to these PPVs on YouTube. Be interesting to see how they translate it to weekly TV.

Also MJF is still fire.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information