Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 15, 2019

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 15, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I don't know. I think they'll make it work and all that, but I can't say I understand how you look at Ziggler and think that's a guy who is more riveting than most of the rest of the roster. His promos have almost always been repetitive, he fails to get me to care about him whether he's a face or a heel and his matches are up there with Reigns and Rollins in terms of hitting the same spots. Plus he has a bad tendency to get out of control with his selling. I don't hate Ziggler or anything. In fact, there are very few wrestlers that I do hate. But yeah, I'm at a loss here. I think he's easily one of the most stale and uninspiring wrestlers going.
    Yeah hes stale, and his promo material is stale as well. But everything is stale in the WWE and at least Ziggler can display some emotion and personality. I'll take a stale but we'll cut promo from Dolph over a fresh but horribly delivered Rollins promo 10 times out of 10.

Ziggler sucks because his booking is garbage as opposed to sucking because he's a garbage talent.
    Last edited by ETE; 07-17-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Yeah hes stale, and his promo material is stale as well. But everything is stale in the WWE and at least Ziggler can display some emotion and personality. I'll take a stale but we'll cut promo from Dolph over a fresh but horribly delivered Rollins promo 10 times out of 10.

Ziggler sucks because his booking is garbage as opposed to sucking because he's a garbage talent.
    I'd just say that pretty much everyone in WWE has the potential to thrive if handled correctly. You have very few special talents who make anything work (such as Daniel Bryan or R Truth) but a lot of people's perception on stars comes down to the material they're given. Ziggler thrived for a brief period but you get maybe a grand total of 2 years worth of really good work out of his decade plus long career, I'm not sure I put him among the most complete workers in the company.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I'd just say that pretty much everyone in WWE has the potential to thrive if handled correctly. You have very few special talents who make anything work (such as Daniel Bryan or R Truth) but a lot of people's perception on stars comes down to the material they're given. Ziggler thrived for a brief period but you get maybe a grand total of 2 years worth of really good work out of his decade plus long career, I'm not sure I put him among the most complete workers in the company.
    I massively disagree with that. Personally I feel like most of the current roster are beyond abysmal. Its not bookings fault most of them have the personality of a plank of wood and the promos skills of a stroke victim. Real talent shines through, Miz for example is booked as badly as anyone in WWE yet his promo skills, and character work is undeniable.

Most of the current roster can only thrive if you hide their massive, gaping flaws.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

In terms of promos Miz, KO, New Day, Heyman,Joe, Truth, Ziggler, Maria, Alexa, Nikki, Street Profits, The IIconics, and Shane (When he's not forced down our throats) are at the top of the list.
    Last edited by Sayer; 07-17-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Ziggler does not suck because of the booking.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Owens recently destroyed Ziggler and proved him to be a one trick pony that's been cutting the same promos for about a decade. He's not someone that you can just blame creative on, the guy clearly lacks range.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Owens recently destroyed Ziggler and proved him to be a one trick pony that's been cutting the same promos for about a decade. He's not someone that you can just blame creative on, the guy clearly lacks range.
    I mean it's scripted. Heavily scripted. If you think Ziggler is choosing to cut the same promo repeatedly you're ignoring how the WWE works these days.

Thread Information