Status
      Country                    United States

Mulan (2020)

Release date: March 27, 2020
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
    Director: Niki Caro
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Lauren Hynek, Elizabeth Martin
    Starring: Yifei Liu, Donnie Yen, Gong Li, Jet Li, Xana Tang, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Ron Yuan, Yosan An, Jason Scott Lee, Chum Ehelepola, Jimmy Wong, Doua Moua
    Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure

Plot Summary: When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation…and a proud father. “Mulan” features a celebrated international cast that includes: Yifei Liu as Mulan; Donnie Yen as Commander Tung; Jason Scott Lee as Böri Khan; Yoson An as Cheng Honghui; with Gong Li as Xianniang and Jet Li as the Emperor. The film is directed by Niki Caro from a screenplay by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver and Elizabeth Martin & Lauren Hynek based on the narrative poem “The Ballad of Mulan.”

Trailer:

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Mulan (2020)

Very, very, very excited for this. Mulan is my all time favorite Disney, arguably. Casting looks spot on.
    Everything will surely be alright.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I saw the Trailer the other day and I have high hopes for it. One of my favorite films growing up and the Action is there I see in the Trailer, but where is the fun? Do I need Mushu in this to make it feel like the Animated version nope, but give me some kind of fun with singing or something. This looks super serious and that's cool they are changing it to a degree, but I've seen plenty of these Movies set in those times so they are going to need to show me that the Action to grab me all the way with this I feel.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Looks good for the most part. I really hope this is a more faithful Hua Mulan story. Mushu was funny as shit but he didn't exist. This movie will have serious potential if they go a different avenue compared to their original Mulan. If this is something along the lines of a Red Cliff... it'd be great. Make Mulan a complete badass from the start. They also seem to be changing her motivation for fighting the war to something that's more faithful to the original story. The fact it's obvious she's a girl is a good step too since it was never proven the Chinese would've killed her if they knew she was female.

I wonder what more they will do here with regards to faithfulness to the story. Like I said, serious potential for something great.

I think singing and shit would ruin a film like this. The whole point of these films isn't the action and the cool fight scenes - it's the underlying themes and story. And for Mulan, that's really all about filial duty and loyalty. The story is simply a girl going to war in place of her father as a result of duty.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Looks great in this early teaser, completely fresh compared to the other recent remakes.

Can't wait for the next trailer when the singing and dancing and Mushu come in and completely kills that vibe.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Looks good for the most part. I really hope this is a more faithful Hua Mulan story. Mushu was funny as shit but he didn't exist. This movie will have serious potential if they go a different avenue compared to their original Mulan. If this is something along the lines of a Red Cliff... it'd be great. Make Mulan a complete badass from the start. They also seem to be changing her motivation for fighting the war to something that's more faithful to the original story. The fact it's obvious she's a girl is a good step too since it was never proven the Chinese would've killed her if they knew she was female.

I wonder what more they will do here with regards to faithfulness to the story. Like I said, serious potential for something great.

I think singing and shit would ruin a film like this. The whole point of these films isn't the action and the cool fight scenes - it's the underlying themes and story. And for Mulan, that's really all about filial duty and loyalty. The story is simply a girl going to war in place of her father as a result of duty.
    I love all of this and being a fan of this time period I'm in, but I just wonder if this Movie is going to grab a large audience with this new direction being more faithful or not? I mean we were all kids when this came out, well I was 10 when this came out and I loved the Story and it's Characters, but it was fun. This seems too serious for even kids today to understand and maybe I'm selling this Generation of kids short, but I don't know if a kid today is going to wanna see this vs Lion King where it's more kid friendly to show. I mean this time period is not Sunshine and Rainbows don't know how they are going cover up and dim down the violence of what is going to happen.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I mean, yeah, I don't know what they're going to do. It's Disney and it's Mulan so it's still going to get attention nonetheless.

Saying it's too serious doesn't wash all that well with me when the original Mulan was about going to war anyway. It doesn't look like it'll have lots of blood and shit like these sort of war films have either. It's just a trailer so we don't really know where to go but I think it'll be fine. The main point will be getting across the theme of fighting bad guys and doing what's right etc.

If they can show Han Solo being killed in Star Wars as well as other battles then there should be no problems here.

If they tell the Mulan story the way it's meant to be told, they'll hit a home run. Mulan actually didn't do much fighting until the end of the war against the bandits anyway.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information