Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 8, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 8, 2019

Monday Night Raw Preview
    July 8, 2019

Andrade and Zelina Vega throw down the gauntlet

One week after Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch picked up a quick victory over Mike and Maria Kanellis on Raw – a bout that also included an astonishing surprise pregnancy announcement from Maria – the Universal Champion and Raw Women’s Champion will battle Andrade and Zelina Vega on the final Raw before their Winners Take All Extreme Rules Mixed Tag Team Match with Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans at WWE Extreme Rules, as first reported by Sports Illustrated.

Though The Beastslayer and The Man’s win over “The Power of Love” came relatively easily, the competitive couple will be hard-pressed to combat the conniving Wild Cards from SmackDown LIVE. Can Rollins and Lynch maintain momentum against Andrade and his calculating business associate as they prepare to put both of their titles on the line against The Lone Wolf and The Sassy Southern Belle?

Is The Club taking over the red brand?

After failing to capture the United States Championship from Ricochet in this past Monday night’s main event, a frustrated AJ Styles joined Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson in a sadistic post-match assault that culminated in a vicious second-rope Styles Clash to the titleholder. The three longtime running buddies followed up on the brutality with a symbolic “Too Sweet” gesture over the reeling Ricochet to signify to the WWE Universe that The Club is back, and they mean business.

What might the official reunion of this take-no-prisoners triad mean for the rest of the Raw locker room?

Roman Reigns and mystery partner to take on Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre before no holds barred tag team showdown at Extreme Rules

Despite what they might have said on Raw and SmackDown LIVE this week, Shane McMahonand Drew McIntyre – whether they want to admit it or not – showed fear in the presence of The Undertaker when The Deadman emerged this past Monday night.

This apprehension might be why The Scottish Psychopath and “The Best in the World” turned their tag team battle against The Undertaker and Roman Reigns into a No Holds Barred Match at WWE Extreme Rules next Sunday in Philadelphia. With that showdown looming, Reigns will have to team up with a partner of McMahon's choosing against “The Best in the World” and McIntyre on Monday's Raw, as first reported by Sports Illustrated. Plus, if The Undertaker interferes in the match, he's out of this Sunday's matchup.

Who will build momentum for their respective team just six days before Extreme Rules?

Rey Mysterio returns to Raw this Monday Night

Following the unbelievable set of circumstances in which he was forced to relinquish the United States Championship due to a shoulder injury, Rey Mysterio will return to Raw this Monday night.

What will The Greatest Mask of All Time have to say upon his return and how will he impact the ever-changing landscape of the red brand? Find out when Raw goes down this Monday night at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Will "Jealous" Joe get payback against the WWE Champion?

On SmackDown LIVE, Samoa Joe confronted Kofi Kingston and questioned the WWE Champion’s sincerity, and when Kofi countered that The Samoan Submission Machine’s bitterness was due to jealousy, Joe offered an apparent olive branch: If Kofi were to shake his hand, Joe would cease attacks on the WWE Champion and his loved ones in the lead-up to their WWE Extreme Rules title match. Unexpectedly, Kingston responded with a one-finger salute that would make “Stone Cold” Steve Austin proud before dropping Joe with Trouble in Paradise.

Now that Kingston has rejected that proposed ceasefire (which, knowing Joe, was nothing of the sort), how will The Samoan Submission Machine respond?

What's next for Braun Strowman after Falls Count Anywhere match incident?

After driving Bobby Lashley through the LED wall during their Falls Count Anywhere Match on Raw, Braun Strowman suffered several injuries, including a potentially ruptured spleen. Since the incident, there has been much conjecture about the condition of The Monster Among Men and the severity of his injuries with little confirmation as to the true extent of the damage he sustained.

The All Mighty, however, was released from immediate care late Monday night with relatively minor injuries, taking to social media to say that “Braun got what he deserved” and that the next time he sees Strowman, he would “send him to the morgue.” But given Strowman’s alleged condition, the next time anyone sees The Monster Among Men remains uncertain.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - July 8, 2019

Go home show is a weird night to bring Rey back. If he's wrestling, I hope he's given Cesaro.

Hopefully they pay off the angle last week and we have a new look for the ramp and Braun and Bobby are selling their injuries.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It's a go home show? Interesting. Well they are clearly running with the couples angle with Becky and Seth. Not sure why. Who asked for this to be done? If it's the wrestlers themselves then we're in trouble. Given Vega isn't very good and will likely have limited ring time, at least we're getting Almas vs Rollins. That should be solid.

Hopefully we get some good stuff with Joe and Kofi. Right now it feels a big step below the Taker/Reigns vs Shane/Drew and Couples angles which, as the title match, shouldn't be the case. And more of what happened last week. Well, the first two hours.

Status

I have my fingers crossed we see real change this week and get at least 40 minutes of Shane and Corbin on Raw.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Relentless Admin

Status

Nice win for Becky and her boyfriend. Predictable post match angle.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Bleh tag match. I was confused if Becky would get in or not. The post match stuff was fine. I expect we'll get more later. Wonder what Heyman will say, find out next.

Relentless Admin

Status

Another nothing promo from Paul Heyman.

Status

Taped it, and been watching since the beginning. Mixed tag was kind of weird, but not totally terrible. Uso tag match was okay. Rey getting buried by Lashley seemed pretty weird booking. I guess the whole changing the program will take time, but this Raw so far has been pretty passable for me. Of course I get it's the build to a PPV so you can't change everything too quickly.

Status

Bobby Lashley is so bad on the mic

Street Profits had a great segment

Maria's segments also have been pretty strong.

Anyone else notice Michael Cole stumbling all over his words? Never was a fan, but shit he annoys me more lately.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

How did we go from last week to this stupid horseshit with Cedric the janitor? Pathetic show. Seth looks like the biggest geek in wrestling besides Mike Kanellis & he's the champion. Limited followup to last week's awesome Lashley/Braun stuff. What good did it do to have Ricochet have two bad matches vs. two bad performers?

This show sucked. Drake's wife was the only bright spot.

Relentless Admin

Status

Hype Mysterio's return just to have him lose to Lashley in a minute. Rubbish.

The Janitor stuff could of worked if the babyfaces get the win, but if Shane's just going to win anyway you should of just left it as the non-wrestling janitor. Poor Alexander.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

On a night of bad and awkward promos and segments from Lashley, Ricochet, Corbin, etc, that side screen with Bayley and Nikki Cross was the worst part of the show for me. No one reacted, Bayley is the most non authentic talent they have on the roster, and I’m not clicking with this portrayal of Nikki Cross. It was really really bad.

Drake Maverick and his wife won the show. I also really didn’t mind the janitor stuff. I’m tired of people over exclaiming how much Cedric deserves pushes. I’d think his fans would be happy he wasn’t running with the crowd or being on a show no one watches for once.

Heel Styles is always fun but I just wish he had a better crew.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Back to being the drizzling shits almost entirely. Just back to having more shit than positives.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I gave up after a boring first hour. Not surprised to see it for worse from then on.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I thought the Street Profits stuff was fun and the 24/7 stuff. The opening mixed tag and the stuff with The Club and Ricochet was fun too.

I enjoyed the show for the most part.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Thread Information