Country                    England

All Elite Wrestling AEW Fight For The Fallen 13/07/2019

AEW-Fight-for-the-Fallen.jpg

The Buy In
    Peter Avalon w/ Leva Bates vs Sonny Kiss

Britt Baker and Riho vs Shoko Nakajima and Bea Priestley

Main Card

Dark Order vs Jack Evans & Angelico vs Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy

SCU (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs. The Lucha Brothers (Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix)

Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc & Joey Janela vs. MJF, Sammy Guevara & Shawn Spears

Adam Page vs. Kip Sabian

Allie vs. Brandi Rhodes

CIMA vs. Kenny Omega

Cody & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

---

Strong last two matches but the rest of the card...doesnt look appealing to me. I don't watch BTE so can anyone tell me why MJF and Spears are teaming together after being established as rivals with the Cody attack? Also where is Britt Baker? She won the first women's match in AEW and hasn't showed up since. Odd that. You would think they'd have plans for her and would want to develop her more. This is a charity show so I imagine that it'll be free in the US whenever they announce where you can watch it.
    Last edited by MC 16; 07-12-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: AEW Fight For The Fallen 13/07/2019

I think Bea is supposed to debut at this show, no idea who her opponent will be though. I can also see them adding another tag team match so we can see who faces Best Friends at All Out.

WAKE UP

Status

can Dustin carry 3 dudes to a good match? lets find out

Relentless Admin

Status

Lucha Bros Vs Kaz and Scorpio Sky has been added to the show. Should be as good as it looks on paper.

Kylie Rae not being on the show again and Brandi wrestling has my doubts up high that they haven't a clue about their womens division.

I'm sure the tag main event will be really good, Bucks against someone other than Pentagon and Fenix is a fresh direction. Doesn't look a strong show, but they'll try hard to bring it in the ring with another free show. Evolve's card o the network actually looks much better tbh, that's what I'll be watching live I think. Evolve 10th anniversary, AEW, Extreme Rules and 2 G1 shows, what a stacked weekend for wrestling coming up.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Lucha Bros Vs Kaz and Scorpio Sky has been added to the show. Should be as good as it looks on paper.

Kylie Rae not being on the show again and Brandi wrestling has my doubts up high that they haven't a clue about their womens division.

I'm sure the tag main event will be really good, Bucks against someone other than Pentagon and Fenix is a fresh direction. Doesn't look a strong show, but they'll try hard to bring it in the ring with another free show. Evolve's card o the network actually looks much better tbh, that's what I'll be watching live I think. Evolve 10th anniversary, AEW, Extreme Rules and 2 G1 shows, what a stacked weekend for wrestling coming up.
    I was really critical of Brandi vs Allie as well, especially after the disaster that was Allie vs Leva on the Fyter Fest pre-show. However, in the Road to FFTF series, I think they did an exceptional job in adding some depth and story to the match, and got me emotionally invested in Brandi. I got my fingers crossed for the best but I still don't have my hopes up exceptionally high. I think Bea will be wrestling vs Kylie or Britt on this show, I guess we'll find out soon.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    can Dustin carry 3 dudes to a good match? lets find out
    The Buck can be good when they aren't doing their usual self-indulgent tag fests but judging from their other AEW matches, I don't have faith that it's up in the air. Dustin is a fantastic tag team wrestler and him and Cody clearly have great chemistry as a team based off their Shield matches so it could deliver without being a carry job.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

MJF coming out to help Cody was terrible booking and that's been further echoed by the fact that he's now teaming with Shawn Spears. So stupid.

Aside from Cody & Dustin vs the Bucks- Have no excitement for anything else.

Tho reading Eds comments- Sky & Kaz vs the Lucha Bro's should be pretty sweet

"LET ME IN.."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Glad to see that the DDT/TJP partnership is strong.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

BIG KAIJU coming to AEW love it. She is full of energy like Yuka and I'm sure we might get some of multi-lady Tag probably.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Peter Avalon w/ Leva Bates vs Sonny Kiss was announced for the Buy-In. You know, the thing that was universally panned. And yet it's being brought back. Great.......Wasn't the talk that AEW were listening to fans concerns? What happened with that?

Relentless Admin

Status

They shush their fans criticism.

I'm convinced these lads don't know what the point of a pre-show is. How can you put this crappy gimmick stuff out there again on the third show when the previous two times it's been panned and got no reaction, sooner or later these things will put people off watching the serious matches that come later in the night.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I’m convinced they have some end game planned for The Librarians that they think is genius, making all this worth it. Guessing they wanna do a forced version of that funny ACH/Cedric silent match.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

AEW Fight For The Fallen 13/07/2019

There’s no chance we don’t get spot with Sonny dancing with the female ref right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

I know I'm probably late to the discussion, but what IS MJF supposed to be? I thought he was a heel, then he came out and tried to help Cody, hinting he was face and posting pictures of them together, but now he's teaming with Spears?

Whit? Have I missed something on BTE?

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    I know I'm probably late to the discussion, but what IS MJF supposed to be? I thought he was a heel, then he came out and tried to help Cody, hinting he was face and posting pictures of them together, but now he's teaming with Spears?

Whit? Have I missed something on BTE?
    From what I've seen MJF is a Heel and him doing all of that is him sucking up to Authority to get ahead. If he can get some perks from it he'll do it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

They addressed the Librarian gimmick on BTE and how it's go away heat and how it dropped dead on its face. They're aware. They also can't just immediately drop stuff the second it goes south without any explanation. Let them at least write it off. Also, we've only seen Leva, we haven't even seen Peter wrestle. I think just dropping it with zero explanation would hurt the wrestlers a lot more than it would be to strategically write off the gimmick.

edit: Also, sometimes I feel like there's no winning with some fans. People complain that WWE puts stuff on the pre-show that should be on the main card. Now people are complaining that AEW is putting stuff on the pre-show that has absolutely no business being on the main card. Idk man.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    They addressed the Librarian gimmick on BTE and how it's go away heat and how it dropped dead on its face. They're aware. They also can't just immediately drop stuff the second it goes south without any explanation. Let them at least write it off. Also, we've only seen Leva, we haven't even seen Peter wrestle. I think just dropping it with zero explanation would hurt the wrestlers a lot more than it would be to strategically write off the gimmick.

edit: Also, sometimes I feel like there's no winning with some fans. People complain that WWE puts stuff on the pre-show that should be on the main card. Now people are complaining that AEW is putting stuff on the pre-show that has absolutely no business being on the main card. Idk man.
    Yeah I agree with the first half. It's the third show and we're already getting condescending comments about them not living up to their claims. At least give it a little time to see how things play out.

As for the pre-show, it's a tricky balance. You want a good to great match but you don't want to use your more favored stars to make it happen. So putting Daniel Bryan on a pre-show causes some conflict. But putting Cedric Alexander, Ali or someone like that on the pre-show is very sensible. I say that, but then you're always going to have some fans who are going to scream Alexander and Ali deserve to be on the main show as well. It is what it is. I'd say in this case the argument is basically than Kiss vs. Avalon doesn't belong on the show at all. Don't know if I agree until we see how it goes but I kinda get it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

If they want to get rid of the gimmick, get rid of it. Is there are real reasons for why they NEED to have another 10 minute segment just to get rid of something? It's not important at all and really doesn't need any conclusion, in my opinion. Just unnecessary. As long as they get rid of the gimmick after this.

What WWE does is put main card calibre matches in the pre show but what AEW is doing is putting off putting stuff that shouldn't be on any programming on the pre-show. Both valid criticisms. AEW put on a very good match on the same pre-show and it got people excited for the main card, the very purpose the pre-show has. When you don't have a stuff that makes you excited, you're going to get complaints.

Relentless Admin

Status

AEW made this bed for themselves with their revolution, gunning for WWE talk. If you want to be WWE’s competition, then be expected to be criticised the same way they are when you put out something people don’t like the look of. The SD thread is full of people saying they don’t like the Shane/Owens direction on day 1 of that angle, so it’s not an anti-AEW thing. It’s the reactionary way fans react to anything.

plus this librarian angle doesn’t look like something worthy of ‘wait and see’ treatment. Mediocre wrestlers in a bad gimmick that doesn’t really fit the theme of the rest of the shows, I can’t see how that’s ever going to turn into a positive. Leva will always be a shit wrestler.

Wwe preshows are typically one good match that they can’t fit on the show that gets the crowd pumped up (usually one of the lesser important matches) and then interviews and panels and video packages selling the show to people on the fence. Aka the point of a pre show. AEW in their previous two shows have proven they are getting these buy in shows all wrong to the point where even Meltzer is shitting on them. I think it’s fair game to point out that sonny kiss vs Peter Avlon doesn’t feel like a match that’s listening to fans.

Status

Entirely different situations when you look at WWE who has a sprawling history of ignoring or completely misinterpreting fan concerns, particularly in this past decade, compared to AEW who are heading into their third show ever. It's really just silly to question their intent because they didn't immediately cancel a gimmick after one match on a pre-show flopped. I'm not saying that they are immune to criticism by any means, my only issue with the whole thing is the eagerness to call them out on something so trivial and use this to paint the company with a broad brush as if it's really indicative of how they generally operate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information