Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AEW Fight For The Fallen 13/07/2019

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: AEW Fight For The Fallen 13/07/2019

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I wouldn't say so. They definitely booed Spears and MJF.
    They're the only two exceptions I could think of man.

MJF is clearly a heel.

Spears only getting booed now because of the chair shot on Cody, and even in the comments above while I thought Cody was a face Marketh felt his alignment was unclear. So again, hard to tell.

Someone like Moxley, actions of a heel but obviously over and cheers.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Maybe they should roll for alignment backstage before each event?

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Alright dude Haha! If you say so.

So just to rewind a little. You're now saying that on the "standard babyface team" there was a borderline neutral who leans closer to face in Joey Janela? Right.. I got you. Simple enough for the casual viewer.
    Yes. The guy we don't know much about yet to clearly define him, except he's clearly popular with the live crowds and fought as an underdog against a top heel, is teaming with two obvious babyfaces against three obvious heels. During which he got the heat put on him until mounting a comeback to make the hot tag, like every tag match that has ever happened.

Mate, as bad as AEW have been at clearly defining some of their guys, this was a weird match to pick on for that
    Last edited by Marketh; 07-15-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post

Mate, as bad as AEW have been at clearly defining some of their guys, this was a weird match to pick on for that
    Not really because I don't have a fucking clue what those three dudes are clearly

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Canada

They're presenting Mox as a heel so I don't see why him getting cheered and being over is a problem in that regard. It's like when Roman and Braun feuded, Braun got cheered and Roman got boo'ed to smithereens. It was clear who was being booked as which alignment though despite the audiences reactions. I also agree with everyone that you picked a very odd match to discuss the blurred alignments. Also pointing out Spears is only getting boo'ed cause of the chair shot? Yes m8, that's wut a heel turn is supposed to do ._.

I agree, there was some confusion alignment wise for me. Riho was visibly upset with losing to Yuka last show, and teased a heel turn, now she loses again and she's all buddy buddy with Britt. I really hope they build off the Yuka thing because Riho vs Yuka is probably the best thing they got going to redeem the poor start to the women's division. They have 5 women who have really solid displays in Riho, Yuka, Shida, Nyla, and Kylie. Really hoping those are the women we see at All Out. As for Cody and the Bucks, I would say they're both tweeners at the moment.

The All Out card is looking really solid and I definitely expect them to blow that event out of the water, heading into October 2nd for TNT.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

The point is valid. AEW are blurring the lines too much.

Even in the comments that sprung from my opinion, which I wasn't saying was correct but it's my own- people have different opinions on just Cody's alignment alone.

That's a problem. The shows are kind of running like their own independent ones as opposed to being from the same company to me.

Likely that will change at "All Out" heading into the weekly show though so not a massive issue at this stage.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Observer notes coming out of the show:

Injuries

Britt Baker suffered a serious concussion in a women’s tag team match after being kicked in the head hard by Bea Priestley. Given the nature of the concussion, there is no word when she’ll be recovered. But with the benefit of hindsight, the match should have been stopped and perhaps continued as a handicap match or a singles match. Baker was down for a while, and so out of it that she went to the wrong corner to tag out. She did come back later in the match for a hot tag spot.

MJF also suffered an elbow injury and missed his show the next day, but it’s not considered serious and he is expected to be wrestling this coming weekend
    Drawing Numbers

The show drew just under 5,000 paid. It wasn’t completely sold out in the sense there were several hundred tickets put on sale in the last few days after production moved in and about 300 were left unsold. But the total in the building was more than the capacity it was set up for before the production kills were released.

B/R Live numbers were down about 10 to 14 percent, depending on the category, from Fyter Fest, when it comes to live viewership. The decrease is likely due to the amount of competition that night with some also likely due to being just two weeks between big shows. The audience was said to be very consistent, as from the start of the show to the finish the audience never varied by more than about 500. B/R added 18,000 new subscriptions that day, so there were that many new people who didn’t watch the two previous shows, a number that officials were pleased with. Most of the B/R Live executives were described as pleasantly caught off-guard by the success of the last two AEW shows and the PPV numbers from the first show, particularly that there has been a significant increase in subs every show.
    Other

A number of major executives with Turner were at the show live and came out of it with the idea from the packed crowd, and how over the talent was to that audience that this was more impressive than they had though

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Canada

Really glad they're seeing success. I think without a doubt the All Out numbers and the debut show on TNT are going to be big, it's what happens after that I'm curious about.

Thread Information