Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 King Of Be The Booker Tournament - Discussion Thread

Freshly Squeezed

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The 2019 King Of Be The Booker Tournament - Discussion Thread

Finished mine. Formatting and sending now.

Edit: Submitted. Was 14ish Pages on Docs.
    Last edited by Ty2J; 07-20-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Indy Talent

Status

OK mine is only like 5 pages so I feel like I should be OK lol

Indy Talent

Status

Just remember guys, I doc one point for every page after 10 for your Formatting/Presentation score!

Just kidding

.... Right??

Little bitta the bubbly!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Just wanted to pop in here and thank those who have been able to get their entries in early. I'm sure Zoom-E appreciates it too, as it makes our lives easier, and it should hopefully mean there wont be a great long delay in getting the results posted up once the deadline passes on Thursday. Without revealing any results, I'm caught up and have those first five entries judged, and Zoom probably wont be far behind as he's got three done so far. If the entries keep trickling in nicely at this rate, we'll hopefully not keep everyone waiting for the results.

(FYI, that's not any kind of hint that I want everyone to rush and get their entry submitted. The deadline is there for a reason, so take as long as you need.)

BACK ON TOP

Status

Honestly I'm shocked that I was able to get my stuff done so quickly... speaks to how open my life is compared to, say, even a month ago.

Freshly Squeezed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hug Life View Post
    Honestly I'm shocked that I was able to get my stuff done so quickly... speaks to how open my life is compared to, say, even a month ago.
    For me, it speaks to how much of a clear idea I had tbh. I spent so little time having to plan for this one, it makes me wonder how I'd handle having to take time to plan something out should I advance.

Underdog

Status

I like to think having a hard deadline helps as well. Plus it seems like I took vacation at the right time this year

-ICONIC-

BACK ON TOP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ty2J View Post
    For me, it speaks to how much of a clear idea I had tbh. I spent so little time having to plan for this one, it makes me wonder how I'd handle having to take time to plan something out should I advance.
    That too for me, too. Without giving too much away... it's probably relatively simple to figure out whom I was writing for, and I had this idea loaded up and ready to go for whatever round I chose to use it for. It's worked out right away for me for a promo.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

My entry should be ready and sent by Wednesday. Was planning to write a promo for AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker "The Phenom vs. The Phenomenal One" but eventually I decided to revisit my entry from last year with a sequel.

#WC4Horsemen

Indy Talent

Status

just submitted my entry... this was harder than i thought... i think im better writing week to week shows... i tend to get more into a grove of things when i write like that rather than telling the whole story at once... i will say that the storyline i submitted is a story i wanted to tell in WCW 1996 - The Rise of the NWO... so dont be shocked if you see it still pop up down the road hahaha

Indy Talent

Status

Yeah, I really do appreciate it. I've now worked 74 hours of overtime since July 6th. I haven't had a day off since Independence Day. I'm a miserable fuck right now.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    Yeah, I really do appreciate it. I've now worked 74 hours of overtime since July 6th. I haven't had a day off since Independence Day. I'm a miserable fuck right now.
    Gosh man... i hope that it slows down soon

White Iverson

Status
      Country                    Australia

Hate to do this but work added shifts during the time I had been planning to write my entry. I've gotten something with is about a third of the way finished but I won't have time to finish it for submission. Sorry for dropping out late into the period. Did not expect to have my free time cut short on me last minute.

For what it is worth here is what I had so far just to show I'm not taking the piss. Big old apology from me about dropping out.

Best of luck to everyone else involved. Will be following along.

Spoiler:

BACKSTORY

The date was August 25, 2002 when the world of wrestling was changed forever. Many sat at home watching as a new generation of athletes took over the WWE. None more so than the twenty five year old in the main event of the evening. Brock Lesnar, a NCAA Division 1 Heavyweight Champion, who had his debut with the WWE just months earlier and was undefeated in competition, found himself in a match with perhaps the biggest star of the previous era – The Rock. They were polar opposites of each other and that made for what would become an all-time classic.

In front of a rabid crowd at SummerSlam, Brock Lesnar would defeat the reigning WWE Champion The Rock and in doing so become the youngest man to ever hold the top prize in professional wrestling. Lesnar had been groomed for success ever since entering the WWE. His weakness, talking on the microphone, was hidden by his association with Paul Heyman – a notorious wordsmith throughout his years in the business. The title win by Lesnar signalled to the world that the Attitude Era was over – the time had come for a new set of stars to emerge.

The reign of Brock Lesnar continued the trend of the weeding out of former Attitude Era stars. Lesnar, along with his advocate Paul Heyman, would travel back and forth between Raw and Smackdown as the ‘Next Big Thing’ dominated. He was never beaten. Not since the days of Hulk Hogan had McMahon protected a superstar as he did for his newest WWE Champion. Lesnar overcame a challenge from The Undertaker at Unforgiven beating him clean. In a highly controversial finish at the time, Lesnar defeated Triple H at No Mercy following some outside interference from Shawn Michaels (The Game having been engaged in a feud with his former friend) – many fans online citing this as a clear example of The Game’s backstage swing as he became the first man to avoid putting Lesnar over clean.

At the Survivor Series event, Lesnar once again put on a top performance in front of a sold out Madison Square Garden crowd when he beat Stone Cold Steve Austin. The latter having exited the company a few months earlier when the idea of Lesnar beating him clean on Raw was thrown around backstage. While Lesnar’s defeat of Austin was seen as the final nail in the coffin for the past generation of stars inside the WWE, outside of the company The Rock was thriving.

In the latter part of 2002, The Rock enjoyed major Hollywood success and was quickly becoming one of the major draws in the world of film. His appearances on late night television often drew massive ratings and led to him being sought after whenever he was doing the press tours for his various projects. It would be early 2003 when The Rock would begin to weave his way back into the WWE. During an interview with Jay Leno, The Rock was asked about his time as a wrestler and if he was still going to continue. The Rock was noncommittal about returning however he did jokingly mention that he needed to get his belt back.

The very next Smackdown saw Heyman rant about The Rock’s comments on Leno – daring the Great One to show up and prove that he still had what it took to take on the undefeated and undisputed WWE Champion. That was it for a few weeks until No Way Out where Brock Lesnar once again retained the title and defeated Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle. Following the match, The Rock would make his way out to the ring and square off with the man who took the WWE Championship from him.

Lesnar had never been pinned. He had never been forced to submit. Since his debut the night after WrestleMania he was unstoppable. Now, as he reigned as WWE Undisputed Champion, the man he took the title from had returned. The Rock flattened Lesnar on Smackdown twice – putting him through an announce table three weeks before WrestleMania. He became the first man to get his hands on Heyman, something the crowd had been waiting to see ever since Brock won the title, and The Rock made sure to deliver a Rock Bottom.

A date was set for the biggest rematch in company history – WrestleMania 19. The undefeated and undisputed WWE Champion Brock Lesnar – the leader of a new generation – going up against The Rock – the last man standing of the Attitude Era. Everyone else had fallen to Lesnar and when they did they never got back up… all except The Rock. He had tried and failed once before, and now was his second and final chance to overthrow the kid from Minnesota.

VIDEO PACKAGE

BROCK VS. ROCK II
    ONCE UPON A TIME AT WRESTLEMANIA

The Rock - “It’s now or never!”

Making his highly anticipated return to the WWE, The Rock explodes onto the scene at No Way Out to confront Brock Lesnar.

Michael Cole - “This place is going nuts right now! The Great One is back in the WWE and he’s squaring off with the WWE Champion.”

Tazz - “Lesnar has run through everybody in his path, Michael! It all started with The Rock and now he’s back to settle the score.”

A panning shot of the crowd from No Way Out transitions to the following Smackdown where both men share the ring again.

Michael Cole - “LISTEN TO THE OVATION! THIS CROWD WANTS THE REMATCH! THE MATCH WE’VE WANTED SINCE SUMMERSLAM!”

Tazz - “I can feel the building shaking!!”

The roar of the crowd is silenced as the camera swings around to a shot of Paul Heyman scurrying into the ring.

Paul Heyman - “Well, well, well… look what the cat dragged in.”

Cut to Heyman ranting and raving in The Rock’s face and clips of his previous allegations of The Great One fearing the undefeated and undisputed WWE Champion.

Paul Heyman - “Who the hell do you think you are, Dwayne? You can’t just walk back into this ring and challenge that man – Brock Lesnar! Let me update you on how things have changed since you went all Hollywood on us.”

(Cue WWE Production theme; Cornered 00:00-00:30)

Cut to Brock Lesnar’s decimation of various superstars throughout his undefeated run with Heyman putting emphasis on a few of the bigger names.

Paul Heyman - “The Undertaker was broken!”

Brock Lesnar crushes The Undertaker with the F5 at Unforgiven during the beginning of his title reign, leaving him covered in blood as he stamped his claimed to being the top dog in WWE at only 25 years old.

Michael Cole - “THE KID DID IT! BROCK LESNAR HAS BEATEN THE UNDERTAKER!!”

Tazz - “Heyman told the world to take notice, partner. If you doubted this kid than it’s time to realise he is for real.”

Paul Heyman - “Triple H was ripped to pieces.”

Lesnar unloads a barrage of punishment at No Mercy on The Game – retaining the WWE Championship with a three count.

Tazz - “Lesnar retains the title AGAIN!”

Michael Cole - “Can anybody stop the ‘Next Big Thing’ or is this warpath going to last forever?”

Paul Heyman - “Stone Cold Steve Austin found out that you can run but eventually they all fall to Brock Lesnar.”

Perhaps his most famous victory, Lesnar dethrones Steve Austin at Survivor Series in Madison Square Garden and retains the WWE Undisputed Championship, and remain undefeated.

Michael Cole - “One! Two! Three! Oh my god!! Lesnar has beaten Austin… who can stop him now??”

Tazz - “There is always a young lion ready to take his spot at the leader of the pack and tonight, at Madison Square Garden, Brock Lesnar has taken out the biggest lion of them all!!”

Cut to a shot of Brock Lesnar hitting the ring and clearing it out of superstars – including hitting a pair of F5s on Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit.

Paul Heyman - “Kurt Angle – fell! Eddie Guerrero – fell! Chris Benoit – fell! Rey Mysterio – fell! Ric Flair – fell! Shawn Michaels – fell! Rob Van Dam – fell! Big Show – fell!”

More clips of Lesnar destroying his opponents including; putting people through the announce table, tossing smaller stars off the stage, thunderous powerbombs and seemingly knocking people out cold with lariats.

The Rock - “OH SHUT UP!!”

The video cuts back to a shot of The Rock glaring, wide eyed, at Lesnar from across the ring – the latter looking back as if made of stone.

The Rock - “Oh yeah, The Rock knows how good Brock Lesnar has become. He’s beaten ‘em… even The Rock.”

Highlights of their original clash when Lesnar pinned The Rock.

The Rock - “The Rock has looked monsters in the eye before. The Rock has seen the best this business has to offer. You might be undefeated. You might be undisputed but you are not The Rock!

Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

Little bitta the bubbly!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Less than 48 hours remaining for the remaining entrants to get their stuff sent in to myself and Zoom E. Six entries received at the moment. A little worried that a few guys who signed up haven’t been active, but hoping there won’t be too many no-shows.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Less than 48 hours remaining for the remaining entrants to get their stuff sent in to myself and Zoom E. Six entries received at the moment. A little worried that a few guys who signed up haven’t been active, but hoping there won’t be too many no-shows.
    I've got the backstory done... just need to write the piece which will be tomorrow evening hopefully.

Heel Champion

Status

Know I already pulled out, but just wanted to wish everyone luck in this. Hope your entries come out as planned. While I didn't get to put pen to paper. I can honestly say my idea for a backstory was a Jim Cornette invasion in AEW

Indy Talent

Status

I'm just going to politely remind everyone now because I'm a nice person: I am a fucking asshole.

I'm aware of the irony here haha. My scores are going to be lower than Wolfy's are, probably every time. They're equally, firmly, and fairly hard on everyone. Please do not get discouraged by any of my eventual feedback and scores. I'm huge on tournaments. They're honestly what helped get me over, to use the wrestling terminology, at that other place. I have high expectations because of it, because I will compare everything to the standards I once set for myself and some other really awesome writers and Bookers.

Simon Cowell judging aside, I respect you all for putting in the effort to enter and compete. This place is awesome, and I love the community here.

I'm just not going to be very nice for a bit is all :P <3

Underdog

Status

Cant wait to get buried by Zoom-E...

-ICONIC-

Freshly Squeezed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Cant wait to get buried by Zoom-E...
    You get a taste for it after a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charismatic Enigma

Status

I have some finishing touches to do tomorrow then I will have my entry in.

Thread Information