Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WC's Fave Five Albums 2018

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC's Fave Five Albums 2018

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well, all I can say to that is I don't think those three rappers belong in the same box by any means. I would think you would at least like some cuts off LR and Graduation as well though, given some of that same TCD style flowed over into them with songs like We Major, Touch the Sky, I Wonder, Homecoming, Big Brother and all that good stuff.
    Probably a song here or there. But, TCD was far from a favorite. I thought it was pretty good, but I've never been big on Kanye. Just not for me.

But all the power if you enjoy 'em. I listen to stuff I'm sure would get far more shit than Kanye. =P
    Everything will surely be alright.

Status

Kids See Ghosts was amazing, and for the record, Kanye's career is pretty much top to bottom amazing and he's been a far more consistent contributor to hip hop and just good music in general than Eminem.

And I LOVE Eminem.

Anyway I don't know anything else from this batch except for 'Dispose' which is just a really excellent record that I'd throw to fans of Bring Me The Horizon the last few years. Couldn't stop spinning it all year so even with a late push by Don Brocco, I had to give my AOTY pick to them.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Total Nonstop Silk: Reviewing TNA from the Moment of IMPACT
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Kids See Ghosts was amazing, and for the record, Kanye's career is pretty much top to bottom amazing and he's been a far more consistent contributor to hip hop and just good music in general than Eminem.

And I LOVE Eminem.

Anyway I don't know anything else from this batch except for 'Dispose' which is just a really excellent record that I'd throw to fans of Bring Me The Horizon the last few years. Couldn't stop spinning it all year so even with a late push by Don Brocco, I had to give my AOTY pick to them.
    I'd probably like Dispose, then. While I am much more of a fan of the 'Count Your Blessings' up to around 'Sempiternal' era of BMTH, I do still think they make some good stuff. I'm probably just partial to the earlier stuff, because I more like the heavy metalcore screamo shit, since I grew up with it. But I also really enjoy how each different BMTH album is a new experience, and not like the last.
    Everything will surely be alright.

WAKE UP

Status

Love Kanye but didnt enjoy any of his stuff from last year. Anyone who listens to Twisted Dark Fantasy and thinks its trash has very different ideas about hip-hop to me though.

Panopticon is great. Well worth your time if you like Black Metal and/or Country.

Indy Talent

Status

Alright music fans, the top 3 of 2018:

3rd Place - iridescence - Brockhampton - 60 Points (Jimmy King #3, Jon Snow #3)

Spoiler:

2nd Place - Daytona - Pusha T - 70 Points (The EC #1, King Steventon #4)

Spoiler:

1st Place - Idles - Joy as an Act of Resistance - 80 Points (Fuji Vice #1, Regal or Riot #3)

Spoiler:

A very interesting top 3. I liked all 3 to an extent. Idles being the thing I liked the most, but Brockhampton and Pusha T both had something that I found entertaining...usually those two I wouldn't give a second thought, but they were pretty good.

WAKE UP

Status

man, knew i should have voted for IDLES. glad it repped anyway, great album

Thread Information