Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Ahhh but when it's Baron Corbin we call that being a great heel?
    I mean Baron Corbin at the very least has the crowd's attention he is hated. White plays it off like hes trying to be a cool heel. I am a Corbin mark I admit that but at the very least doing a better job at being a heel then White IMO.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

This Jay White criticism is unreal. How can you compare a WWE heel portrayal versus NJPW heel portrayal - at that, both somewhat different characters? It's a bit silly imo. A heel in NJPW is going to be different to a heel in WWE when you've got different fanbases and products.

Regardless, it's nonsense. Jay White has improved a shit ton over the last year inside the ring and as a character. I think the story of him being unable to beat CHAOS guys is a smart one to play off of for his losses in the G1 too. I don't know what he's meant to do for the company but if you don't understand why Jay White is being pushed then I don't know what to tell you. He's the standout dojo graduate for his generation. He's NJPW homegrown and so he's going to get favourable booking rising up the ladder compared to most. I don't know why you think he's bad for BC as leader -- I find it's a good role for him. If anything, he provided BC some focus instead of getting caught up in that civil war/Elite/Golden Lovers shit.

White's having a decent G1 so far, just needs the wins... which I assume are going to start coming now.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-20-2019 at 07:16 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Jay is decent IMO and everyone knows he's no ring general but he can draw heat very well, otherwise we wouldn't have stuff like his match against Juice.
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

KENTA/EVIL and Tanahashi/Archer were really good matches that didn't outstay their welcome. KENTA has ruled in this tournament.

SANADA was horrendous in the Ibushi match. What's he doing going for that dropkick for when Ibushi was nowhere near him, and then same thing again on the moonsault. It's trying to be flashy for the sake of it, because he certainly wasn't trying to hit his opponent. He really lacks psychology sometimes. Worst Ibushi match in a long long time.

Okada/Ospreay was a dull 15 minutes, and then they stepped it up towards the close and did a bunch of counters for the rainmaker and stormbreaker so that's *check notes* another 5 star match from Okada I guess. The greatest trick Gedo ever pulled was convincing people that you can have a MOTYC regardless of what you do in the first 80% of the match as long as you finish with a wild rush of moves.

EVIL/KENTA MOTN for me.

Hail To The King

Status

Archer really has been impressive in this G1 I am shocked tbh I would say that he could even gain a mid card push if he keeps up the pace.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

I can see Archer taking up the Fale type role in future G1s. He's a monster. But he can definitely have a few title runs for sure to make him look good. Plus Okada needs a new guy to drop falls to in the G1 regularly now it seems.

Ending of Ospreay vs Okada was sublime. I genuinely thought Ospreay was going to win. Will's had a big year and I felt pretty sure he'd get a title shot. I suppose the fun and games start with him dropping the junior belt first.

Really liking Moxley and Shooter together. Great pairing. Moxley having a decent tournament so far too - looking forward to more from him.

Feel like KENTA isn't in his prime, obviously, but is giving a good account of himself. I'm guessing he's Okada's man for KOPW.

Block A feels like Ibushi's at this point, predicting the booking, but Block B is rough to guess still. I can see Mox/Naito/White all being tied final day. Ibushi vs Naito kind of fits the theme of their story so far this year though.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

You guys are way higher on KENTA than me. He hasn't had a great match in this tournament and the fact that Archer completely overshadowed him in their match and was so much more over than him is telling. He's not bad by any means but watching him in this tournament sucks for me. I don't want this half assed broken down KENTA, I want the one I know and love who is one of the best in the world.

White is definitely doing better in this tournament than last year, but he's still got issues. His counter work looks shitty a lot of the time and his act in general comes across like something the fans genuinely don't like or want to see. It's telling he's the one person to bomb on top in NJPW this year in a main event. (You could argue twice depending on if you count him vs. Tana as a drawing match at the BOSJ final) Still though, his matches with Goto & Ishii were two of his best matches so far and he really wasn't to blame for Yano. In B Block, would take him over at around half, but he lags behind the top tier too. I don't think he's main event caliber, but he's also not Baron Corbin either and there's evidence that he's getting better.

SANADA has been very bad. I mentioned it on my show but to me he's someone that needs a COMPLETE revamp. Like everything about him needs to change. His character is nothing, his one main asset, his look, he's utterly ruined and now looks like trash. His moveset is arguably the worst in the company. Even in this G1 he has looked sloppy and out of shape at times, gassing early against ZSJ, which is highly unexpected for him. I would argue he has brought literally nothing to the table thus far and that's a shame after last year where he seemingly was putting it together.

Hail To The King

Status

I think Kenta is not doing any worse then he was in WWE at least here hes doing something compared to 5 min matches on 205

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

The only thing I haven't enjoyed about KENTA in this tournament is that damn theme. It's rubbish.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    You guys are way higher on KENTA than me. He hasn't had a great match in this tournament and the fact that Archer completely overshadowed him in their match and was so much more over than him is telling. He's not bad by any means but watching him in this tournament sucks for me. I don't want this half assed broken down KENTA, I want the one I know and love who is one of the best in the world.
    I'm not totally sold or super high on him or anything but I do think he has done himself a credit in the tournament so far. It's going to take a while to get back to peak form (if ever) but I think the tournament has been a solid re-introduction to KENTA for the fans. I would imagine alot of the NJPW fans may have heard of him but may not have seen much of him compared to the likes of Archer and others he's going to face in the tournament. It is what it is. KENTA will be fine for the most part. Okada will fulfill his company ace role and make KENTA look a million bucks in their match.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I think KENTA has done a great job of adapting to his current capabilities. Stuck to what he excels and had some very good matches.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

KENTA has been one of the best in this tournament. Let’s be real. Archer’s killing it too.

Sanada has been trash.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

KENTA atm feels like the only wrestler criticised for getting old and not being exactly the same wrestler he was at 28 10 years on The man is 38 with an almost 20 year career behind him and some bad injuries to his name, he's obviously not going to be the same wrestler he was because who is? Take your lofty expectations away, be realistic, and you'll enjoy him more.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The fact that he is having good matches without being the same guy as 2009 KENTA makes him that much better to me.

SANADA has been fine. Ibushi was just as much to blame for their match as him. The EVIL match was pretty good, better than most EVIL matches in ages and the ZSJ match was awesome.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

What are your guys thoughts on Jeff Cobb? I've been seeing a lot of people say his matches have been quite disappointing. Is it on Cobb?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I don't want to say it's all on Cobb but he has been the worst match for all three of his opponents in the G1 thus far, so it's safe to assume it's him. The matches are pretty heatless, there is rarely any chemistry between him and the other guy and he has nothing outside of his suplexes. No presence, no enthusiasm or fire. Nothing.

WAKE UP

Status

again, haven't watched any of this G1 one yet, but Sanada is pretty mediocre. Good case of a guy being a good athlete and doing lot of flashy stuff but not doing anything that makes pro wrestling exciting

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

All caught up amigos and if I had to say of the G1 Climax Matches from Day 7 I was most disappointed with, it would be Sanada vs Ibushi. Hotdogging like a mofo, it almost seemed like they were holding back going to that next gear. The Second Half felt like the gear I wanted to see early on, but it left me wondering how the two most athletic guys in the industry did not have a better Match during the Show.

Archer/Tanahashi. Archer going for MVP and he could win it no matter how the Block ends, and the fans love him like he one of their homegrown Stars in the Company.

EVIL vs KENTA. I know theirs been alot of talk of KENTA, whether he deserved this spot, and his age and all this bs, but the man is doing his thing in there. He's not the KENTA I grew up watching yes, but attitude and intensity that I didn't see in WWE I'm seeing now almost like the Chains were broken off the Hands of him the day he showed up. Hard-hitting and filled with fun counter work as KENTA remains undefeated. KENTA is slowly becoming more comfortable and is at his best when he’s being an asshole like he was here.

Will Ospreay vs. Kazuchika Okada. Come on now what does Will Ospreay have to do to get a win over Okada? This worked and delivered on every level, as Okada’s offense focuses on the neck and head to set up for the rainmaker, which played into the established Ospreay injury. The first half set the table well and they then worked into an absolutely great, counter-filled, closing stretch that made it feel like it was finally Ospreay’s night to finally beat Okada, but while Ospreay unloaded with everything he had, he just couldn’t pull it off and fell to 0-4 against Okada in an absolutely excellent effort from both.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

All caught up amigos and if I had to say of the G1 Climax Matches from Day 7 I was most disappointed with, it would be Sanada vs Ibushi. Hotdogging like a mofo, it almost seemed like they were holding back going to that next gear. The Second Half felt like the gear I wanted to see early on, but it left me wondering how the two most athletic guys in the industry did not have a better Match during the Show.

Archer/Tanahashi. Archer going for MVP and he could win it no matter how the Block ends, and the fans love him like he one of their homegrown Stars in the Company.

EVIL vs KENTA. I know theirs been alot of talk of KENTA, whether he deserved this spot, and his age and all this bs, but the man is doing his thing in there. He's not the KENTA I grew up watching yes, but attitude and intensity that I didn't see in WWE I'm seeing now almost like the Chains were broken off the Hands of him the day he showed up. Hard-hitting and filled with fun counter work as KENTA remains undefeated. KENTA is slowly becoming more comfortable and is at his best when he’s being an asshole like he was here.

Will Ospreay vs. Kazuchika Okada. Come on now what does Will Ospreay have to do to get a win over Okada? This worked and delivered on every level, as Okada’s offense focuses on the neck and head to set up for the rainmaker, which played into the established Ospreay injury. The first half set the table well and they then worked into an absolutely great, counter-filled, closing stretch that made it feel like it was finally Ospreay’s night to finally beat Okada, but while Ospreay unloaded with everything he had, he just couldn’t pull it off and fell to 0-4 against Okada in an absolutely excellent effort from both.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

G1 Climax 2019 Block B Match
    Juice Robinson vs. Toru Yano
    Hirooki Goto vs. Taichi
    Jon Moxley vs. Shingo Takagi
    Jay White vs. Jeff Cobb
    Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    A decent set of matches. Ishii vs Naito should be awesome as should Moxley vs Shingo

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information