Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Offseason Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2019 NBA Offseason Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'm confused they had 4 days to plan to get Security and everything in order for this Parade and you have this chaos really dropped the ball with this one. For all the shots people take at my love for Philly and the Fans we didn't have none of these problems during the Super Bowl Parade and their were double or triple the amount of fans wanting to celebrate their Team's Championship.
    I can't imagine what point you're trying to make. The gun violence in Philadelphia has to be several times greater than that of Toronto's. Did a quick google search and first thing that came up was a news article saying there were 32 victims of gun violence in Philly this weekend. Pretty weird flex to say "no one got shot at MY team's championship parade!"

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'm confused they had 4 days to plan to get Security and everything in order for this Parade and you have this chaos really dropped the ball with this one. For all the shots people take at my love for Philly and the Fans we didn't have none of these problems during the Super Bowl Parade and their were double or triple the amount of fans wanting to celebrate their Team's Championship.
    Estimates were made that 700k people attended the super bowl parade for philly. Even if thats underestimating it, doesnt come close to the 2m+ that attended this one. Not to mention this has nothing to do with the fanbase nor does this seem a logical time to jerk your city off. Stupid post.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

The History I've known is Canada has always been a place where they didn't have the same violence and problems as does in the States with Gun Violence. They were in control as in the States where we see every other day theirs a death or school shooting somewhere. I'm putting on a Spotlight that maybe Canada might need to check all those bases a little bit better after this tragic event especially during a Championship Parade. I brought up Philly not to jerk my own team off, but it's for people bandwagon or otherwise to take shots my home away from home always talking about the negativity about the people, the city, yet can't see the good things in the area. We just found out that no matter the City or Town, their are bad people everywhere.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-18-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

We just found out that no matter the City or Town, their are bad people everywhere.
    I personally didn't just find that out.

I know you mean well HoHo, but you shoulda definitely thought that post through a little longer.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Jesus, Hoho....are you really hanging your hat on the fact that Philly's Super Bowl parade didn't wind up a mass tragedy?

Time and place, bruh.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

The History I've known is Canada has always been a place where they didn't have the same violence and problems as does in the States with Gun Violence. They were in control as in the States where we see every other day theirs a death or school shooting somewhere. I'm putting on a Spotlight that maybe Canada might need to check all those bases a little bit better after this tragic event especially during a Championship Parade. I brought up Philly not to jerk my own team off, but it's for people bandwagon or otherwise to take shots my home away from home always talking about the negativity about the people, the city, yet can't see the good things in the area. We just found out that no matter the City or Town, their are bad people everywhere.
    Most of us knew this for years.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Yeah reading that back it sounds really bad. I apologize if it felt like I was joking at that matter because that wasn't my intent at all. I'm highly upset that people were hurt during this Event, that said it should of been better organized knowing possibly huge numbers were going to happen, but I could also see that with the huge numbers it's not like you can check everyone for Weapons. Whoever this idiots are that did this I hope they lock them up and throw away the Key.

Real Women of Genius

No One

Status

k

Anyways.

Looks like Houston are set for a big change this year. Either Harden or Paul is leaving. I think its absolutely necessary. I just dont think it was gonna happen with Paul and giving him the contract they did wasnt the best decision. Idk if id want Paul on my team unless it was for minimal talent. I know hes great but I dont know if a title is in his future. If they can get rid of Paul and bring in two stars of some sort to team up with Harden, they could make waves in the playoffs now that the floor is open.

Status

This would have never happened if Harden hadn't set CP's kitchen on fire.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Total Nonstop Silk: Reviewing TNA from the Moment of IMPACT
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

My love for the Rockets aside, I think that even if they bring the exact same team back they're still one of the contenders in the West, pending what other teams do this offseason. They've played like a Finals level team the last two seasons and of course this next time around they have less to worry about with a deflated Warriors squad. Obviously they wouldn't tear through the field unopposed but I don't look at any team right now and feel like we couldn't take them in a series.

Having said that though, I would be happy to get Paul traded and take a few good assets in return ideally. Depth is an issue we've had. Starting this last season we didn't have great bench players to begin with but once injuries started piling up we were really in trouble. I don't know who out there is willing to take that CP3 contract. One team I've seen rumored fairly heavily is Miami. But if there is a willing buyer out there, I would be down to part with him for a couple of decent role players and some cap space.

I don't expect Harden to ever leave Houston. He likes playing here and he's the perfect guy to spearhead the front office's preferred style of play.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    This would have never happened if Harden hadn't set CP's kitchen on fire.
    Wait what

More to this Story please.

Paul even with his mega Contract is going to be hard to get rid of for The Rockets and not take some hit from it. You might need two Teams to get rid of him and help in that cause.

Real Women of Genius

Cardcaptor

Status

Welp.

Horford expected to leave.

Kyrie has ghosted Celtics management.

Looks like full rebuild mode for the ugly duckling of Boston teams.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Welp.

Horford expected to leave.

Kyrie has ghosted Celtics management.

Looks like full rebuild mode for the ugly duckling of Boston teams.
    I mean, the remaining pieces are still decent. Having Tatum and Brown is a solid start. You got three first rounders this year as well which is good. And those picks could also be converted into a higher pick or a player. Plus cap space to try to snag someone significant. That ain't too bad.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I mean, the remaining pieces are still decent. Having Tatum and Brown is a solid start. You got three first rounders this year as well which is good. And those picks could also be converted into a higher pick or a player. Plus cap space to try to snag someone significant. That ain't too bad.
    I'm only a really casual basketball fan, so I'm not entirely in the loop. But yeah, Tatum and Brown is good to keep. I really like Brown.

Also, I know he had a rough year this year...A large part I blame on Kyrie..But I like Terry Rozier, and hope he stays.

I'm glad Kyrie isn't staying. Between the attitude, and fact that it just clearly was not a fit. He seems like the guy to be a great #2, but not the main guy. Like a good Robin if you've got a Batman.

But he also has a huge ego, so having him play #2 while he clearly wants to be "The Guy" is rough, it seems.

No One

Status

iirc boston pushed the cavs the season they were without hayward & irving. i think theyll be just fine if they replaced horford and irving with some solid pieces. idk how well d'lo works as a pg but he could be a guy to bring in. they could go for the kemba sweepstakes as well. they could make a go at cousins. lots of options.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    iirc boston pushed the cavs the season they were without hayward & irving. i think theyll be just fine if they replaced horford and irving with some solid pieces. idk how well d'lo works as a pg but he could be a guy to bring in. they could go for the kemba sweepstakes as well. they could make a go at cousins. lots of options.
    Yeah, the weird thing is they did significantly better without Irving it seems.

No One

Status

Chris Paul & Rockets GM are denying the trade requests but that probably doesn't mean much. Looks like basically no one wants Chris Paul. I think he's quickly going to go the way of Carmelo Anthony in just not being worth it unless he's on a budget. I just can't imagine how anyone thought it was a good idea to offer a 32/33 year old a $160M extension for 4 years. You really wanna pay Paul that much at 36 years old? Just about the only guy I'd risk that with is LeBron James, and even then I wouldn't. Especially when the next off season has Kyrie/Kemba/D'Lo available.

Status

Too much smoke for there not to be not to be some fire with this Chris Paul situation. I'm hearing from wayyyy too reliable guys that it's real talk.

Looks like Mike Conley is heading to Utah. Another western power emerges.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Total Nonstop Silk: Reviewing TNA from the Moment of IMPACT
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Too much smoke for there not to be not to be some fire with this Chris Paul situation. I'm hearing from wayyyy too reliable guys that it's real talk.

Looks like Mike Conley is heading to Utah. Another western power emerges.
    With that contract and his history who does he think wants him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No One

Status

So is Donovan Mitchell going to become a full time shooting guard? I guess he already was with Ricky Rubio there (tbt to when rubio was going to be basketball's messi). I feel like they had other priorities than point guard but Conley is still a good addition.

What are Grizzlies up to? Just tank mode?

Thread Information