Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slammiversary XVII

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: Slammiversary XVII

Haven't seen the match, but don't see why there should be a problem with the Sami/Tessa result. If you want to legitimise and gain support for intergender wrestling, especially between smaller women and larger men, you ease your audience into becoming accustomed to it and gradually improve the women's credibility. Start with putting on good showings and work your way up from there, similar to how you would push an underdog type.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I absolutely loved the main event. Loved it loved it loved it. After being one of my least favorite wrestlers a few years back, Tessa’s really found something and the face/heel dynamic with Sami really clicked.

I have no problem with the result. Build Tessa up more before exposing her to a bigger scene. You don’t want to go full Sexy Star right now and jeapordize your promotion.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I absolutely loved the main event. Loved it loved it loved it. After being one of my least favorite wrestlers a few years back, Tessa’s really found something and the face/heel dynamic with Sami really clicked.

I have no problem with the result. Build Tessa up more before exposing her to a bigger scene. You don’t want to go full Sexy Star right now and jeapordize your promotion.
    She’s coming a long way from overselling Carmella’s moonwalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    She’s coming a long way from overselling Carmella’s moonwalk.

Oh my god.

I will never forget that.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Oh my god.

I will never forget that.
    I know the only reason I remember it so well is from your reaction for like a year.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Alright I know some of you have been waiting for my thoughts from Slammiversary and I'm going to give you what you need. Now I wanna say this right off the bat, one I would plead to the other Members who watched this Event, I would love to see you guys put both feet into the Pool and not just one. Sometimes it's just a few Members with himself who discuss Impact and I wished I would get to see that same love during the Week for Impact. Maybe this PPV can make that happen, and as I enjoyed this PPV so much, I know one Member here who is fighting and getting better TCON, he would of loved to have been discussing this Show with us. I hope he gets better soon, he's always in my prayers.

TJP vs. Trey vs. Willie Mack vs. Jake Crist. Well did Impact forget about Ace Austin like a Andy forgot about Woody in Toy Story hmm? A last minute decision to put this Match on the Card, and a damn good one at that. All four guys looked great and Crist always for some reason especially in Opening Matches and he's been in plenty for the X-Division comes out looking great. Mack gets the win and I'm sure somewhere down the line you have to do the best friends=best enemies Story with Swann.

The North vs. LAX vs. The Rascalz. Now I've been hearing conflicting Report on Santana, some saying it was a legit injury and some saying it was a way to get them off TV for a short time. Now we know their Impact deals are expiring soon..LIKE REALLY SOON..so The North winning the Titles were given, and I would say Impact has a very good chance in resigning them. Did anyone know of Santana and Ortiz before they came to Impact and became the new version of LAX? Impact put Stock in them and gave them this opportunity and both side won out. Now Santana has a young child and he's going to be thinking about that kid hard and money is going to play a big deal as always, but I hope the decision they make isn't a wrong one and LAX somewhere else doesn't work out for them. Now when it comes to this Match, this Match was hoping to get good, but the injury of Santana kinda took the momentum completely I feel as I was watching this. The North I have no problem as Tag Champion, problem is....the Face Team are thin and it's jut the Rascalz. Just praying that Santana isn't seriously injured or LAX is leaving, because it would be Code Blue on the Division if it happened either way.

Eddie Edwards vs. Killer Kross. Both guys history with each other goes a long way, and their Matches have always been entertaining. I would say this was a little bit of a drop off from what I'm used to seeing from either guy, but the finish was crazy with the Kendo Stick to the Mouth of Kross and I imagine Kross is not done with Eddie just yet.

Moose vs. RVD. Poor Moose he had to wrestle RVD in 2019, not RVD in 1999. This was solid and better than expected, but went way too long for an RVD match in 2019 as he continues to move in slow motion. Moose was really good and thankfully won.

Monster’s Ball Match Impact Knockouts Title Match: Champion Taya vs. Rosemary vs. Su Yung vs. Havok. This was really good overall, and made great use of the stipulation. Really nice work from the ladies here with the surprise winner.

Rich Swann vs. Johnny Impact. Alot of people have been talking about Michael Elgin and his momentum he's had since coming to Impact Wrestling, but don't forget about Swann who has been on a roll too especially since beating Callihan. This was a great match, really smooth and clean, with both guys delivering and providing a great tease in a possible title change through quality work, but Swann overcame again and remains champion. The show had been good so far, but needed a great match and got it here. Swann winning here really adds to his title run.

Cage vs. Michael Elgin. A Hoss Battle that met the hype! These guys beat the snot outta each other and I loved the hard hitting battle these two gave us. So many times I thought Elgin was going to become Champion especially with that Canadian Destroyer, but Cage somehow survived. Big lads doing things that people say they shouldn't be doing in the Ring, and these two are breaking the mold of what a big man can do in that Ring. Cage wins and gets the second biggest win of his Career in Impact, and Elgin looks like a mega star in a losing effort. Now to the Rhino appearance yeah I'm not looking to that at all. This isn't Rhino from ECW's One Night Stand jacked as fuck and really motivated neither is it Rhino from his first Impact run. This is Rhyno who has a Cheese Crackers addiction. It's going to take alot of time for me to believe in Rhino and care about what he's doing going forward. Prove me wrong Impact!

Tessa Blanchard vs. Sami Callihan. I never been more prouder of two talents laying it all on the line in quite some time. Now let me say this Sami Callihan for the people here who want to just dip into the Pool with one foot with Impact, was the MVP of Impact Wrestling in 2018. He had great feuds with Pentagon JR and Fenix, as well as LAX. Tessa right now is the MVP for Impact and more and more they are telling you that she is. Blanchard Match with Gail Kim was great as was this Match with Sami at Slammiversary. For people saying oh Tessa should of won, yeah that would be cool and all, but it wasn't about winning and it needing to happen. Sometimes you can come out looking even greater in a losing effort and Tessa giving it all she had was beautiful to watch. She took it all from Sami outside of Thumb Tacks and she kept getting up. She carries the name of Blanchard and Blanchards fight till the end.

You guys just don't understand Sami giving Tessa her Golden Bat was one of best moments in Impact for me this year. Sami has NEVER....EVER.....EVER...giving props during Matches, not even Swann who he considered his Brother. Sami doing that that moment, how can you not tear up and have even more of a respect for Callihan. I can say this lastly about Tessa Blanchard, she is the number one Female Talent in the US right now. This feud was handled with great care and this Match was handled just as well. Taya better be looking over her Shoulder because Tessa is going to be Knockouts Champion by the end of the Year, and who knows maybe Sami might be holding some gold too by the end of 2019.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I'll agree with the love for the main event, I hate IG wrestling and I ended up thinking it was a great match and the only thing on the show that felt legit. I know he's popular with other members here so I probably underrate a lot of his matches, but I think that was the best Sami performance since maybe the Finlay match yonks ago, everything was spot on from him on Sunday and he played his heel role to a tee. The worst part of IG matches is where you can see the man is taking it easier on the woman and so it comes off less legit than a normal match, but Sami didn't let up at all. The only thing that brought it a little down for me was Tessa doing thumbs up thumbs down right at the end which looked hokey and exposed her not trying to even avoid the finisher that was coming. It's like trying to do Michaels slapping Taker before the final tombstone at WM26 but without any of the selling to show that you have nothing left in the tank. Tessa's run with the KO title last year was great and anyone that was watching could tell she'd really improved everything about her game and credit to Impact they booked her like they were making a star. The decision to have Sami win did come off better having watched the match, but I still have my doubts that this is the start of some feud or Tessa working more IG matches now, if anything I think it pushes Sami to the world title while making Taya more of a heel character and they will redo the Taya/Tessa feud but with the roles reversed.

Elgin Vs Cage was a very good big man, big moves match but both guys are shitty at any facial selling or telling stories, so it came off a level below the main event, both men really need to be against someone smaller that can sell their moves better. Two terminators fighting each other is only going to be so entertaining. Elgin a really good pick up for Impact otherwise. FUCKING ROFL at bringing in Rhino as a response to losing Pentagon, Fenix and Johnny Impact, let ECW fucking die already and build up some new stars.

Monsters Ball was ok for sub par talent having a weapons match, but eh, all it did was showcase that no-ones on Tessa's level so this is what they have to resort to to have any other interest in their womens matches.

Morrison/Swann, the tag 3 way, and the 4 way X-Division match were all nice enough and a reminder there's a lot of talent on this roster (TJP another good pick up), but nothing I'm going to remember going forward. I'd of much preferred to see LAX and The North just have a straight up tag match, Willie Mack should be higher up this card at the heavyweight division and TJP/Swann could be a fun direction. I think the Santana injury might of been worked because I'm told that was Impact's kayfabe doctor that came out.

I didn't watch Edwards/Kross, might return to it.

I watched about 2 minutes of RVD/Moose and couldn't stick with it even for mocking purposes. RVD is so so bad, he doesn't even have his athleticism anymore to run through his greatest hits, why on earth would you bring him in?

Fun show from Impact, as these PPVs usually are. I think though you can sense there's only a couple of stars on this roster having lost some big talent recently, so pushing new talent is what I'd like to see most from them moving forward to the next PPV.

On Vacation

Status

I personally liked Tessa doing the Thumbs up, Thumb Down showing more of her no quit attitude towards Sami. For people who didn't watch Rebellion, Swann did the same thing and he beat Callihan at his own Game. To me Tessa doing it as well, was not hokey I've seen hokey, it was her saying come on Motherfucker that is all you got? That might of been the final straw of Sami realizing man this girl is tough she is taking everything of mines, and later giving her back her Bat to her before leaving. I'm really looking forward to what Sami says this Friday about this Match and whether we'll get an rematch.

Status

So TNA are losing Lucha Bros, LAX and Johnny Impact?

Where's Johnny going?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Jonny may end up signing back on anyway. His current deal has expired so I guess he has options so over to him. He won't get the status he wants if he goes back to WWE or heads to AEW so he's probably better off staying where he is. Other side of this for Impact is Taya, I can't imagine she wont stay where Jonny is.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Maybe add Johnny New Japan Pro Wrestling to the list of names.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Maybe add Johnny New Japan Pro Wrestling to the list of names.
    Johnny Tamagotchi sounds marketable.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Johnny Elite is what I'd put my money on.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Johnny Of Honor

On Vacation

Status

Yeah I can see Impact and LAX both staying especially Johnny who has a great time there with Taya. I just can't see him leaving and Taya not leaving when her deal is up too. Impact I'm sure like LAX will get knocks on the Door even harder now for sure, but will they be happy if they go to AEW or WWE I have my fear it won't be the case at all. Konnan played a great part with LAX, he helped them and guided, and I wonder will they be allowed to bring out that fire and passion they have showed with Impact?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

There’s no way LAX are staying.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I heard that Impact doesn't have tapings to show for the next 2 weeks or so, because they didn't tape ahead and they're working out a possible new television deal. Rumoured to be creating a new logo as well.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I heard that Impact doesn't have tapings to show for the next 2 weeks or so, because they didn't tape ahead and they're working out a possible new television deal. Rumoured to be creating a new logo as well.
    But how is that possible when I see Grace vs Hogan vs Rayne on Friday that was said on their Twitter? Even going to saying the Aftermath Show from Slammiversary is Friday come watch us on Pursuit and Twitch. I heard about the Television deal it's good for them I feel, don't know how that effects them streaming on Twitch going forward it the deals happens.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    But how is that possible when I see Grace vs Hogan vs Rayne on Friday that was said on their Twitter? Even going to saying the Aftermath Show from Slammiversary is Friday come watch us on Pursuit and Twitch. I heard about the Television deal it's good for them I feel, don't know how that effects them streaming on Twitch going forward it the deals happens.
    Maybe they had it taped on the Slammi pre-show or something, not too sure. I think they're just going to do filler clips or something.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Maybe they had it taped on the Slammi pre-show or something, not too sure. I think they're just going to do filler clips or something.
    Upon me looking on their Site it could be going that way. Almost like a Tribute Show to the PPV talking about it and showing Highlights and the Women's Three Way being the only Match being shown. That's for this week, but we will see if it happens next week. The last thing I wanna see is that type of Shows, they have done that before, but it's the wrong time to do it, when the product is getting hot again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information