Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Champions League Final Thread

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Re: 2019 Champions League Final Thread

Not starting with Moura really costed Spurs tonight. Kane couldn't do much, and you can't really blame him for that. I don't think any player returning from injury should make his return in a Champions League final, unless you're Messi or Ronaldo.
    Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Playing Kane over Moura was a foolish move from Poch. Persisting to not take Kane off was an even foolisher move.

Spurs need to stop relying on him and Kane needs to realise he can’t always be relied on.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Poor final and the most clinical team won. Well done Liverpool, unlucky Spurs, at least you gave it a go in the second half.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Established Veteran

Status

Thank you Liverpool, so glad that they won the CL. It softens the blow of Arsenal losing the EL final. Liverpool have had a brilliant season. Very unfortunate to miss out on the league title so winning the CL was their redemption. Watched some of the game, heard it was the worst CL final ever. Kane returned but a silly decision by Poch to drop Moura.

Credit to Spurs for their achievement in reaching the final without signing any players. Let’s hope that this is their last ever European final.

Status

And.... FUCKING THANK YOU, LIVERPOOL.

Happy for the Reds, but more relieved that Tottenham didn't win. A good friend of mine is a long-time Spurs supporter and in a weird way, I would have felt happy for him.... but nowhere near enough for me to hope they won lol.

Absolutely shit match, though. Neither team looked that great. Really don't think Harry Kane was fit as he never imposed himself on the match at all.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I haven't enjoyed a neutral English team like I enjoy this Liverpool side since the invincibles. The mental toughness right through the team to come back repeatedly is so admirable. Lost finals, came second in the league with 97 points, down and out against Barca. Any of those could have mentally ruined them. They deserve this.

It was a bad game ruined by poor managerial decisions (neither Firmino or Kane should have started), the climate, and Liverpool never having to get out of 2nd gear. Liverpool were there for the taking and I think Spurs will regret not giving it more of a go.

The entire Liverpool backline was immense. Spurs had a few shots late on but not many of them were clear chances and they were limited to pot shots. Comfortable night for Allison, Matip and VVD. Robertson and TAA were the only two players outside of Mane that didn't look shattered after 20 minutes.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Got to watch the game at the Liverpool Supporters Club Bar in Philly, and my goodness, what an experience. The only trophy I've been around for is the League Cup under Kenny, as I only got into the Prema little over a decade ago, and even that final I didn't get to watch because America didn't have great access to games then. Yesterday felt very special because of it. And getting to watch it in a jammed pack bar with so many singing and chanting along throughout the game, made it just so amazing. The game may have been boring for neutrals, but it was fucking incredible for us!

Oh, and I'll just leave this here:

"From Paris down to MADRID, we've won the fucking lot!"

Status

I've said this before.... but I very much LOVE how so many in the English football media are lavishing love toward Pochettino, as they often do. which is fair enough and fine.... but its annoying when they list off the reasons, which are the exact same things that Arsene was criticized endlessly for... by the same fucking people.

Poch seems to be taking some heat for his selection choices.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I've said this before.... but I very much LOVE how so many in the English football media are lavishing love toward Pochettino, as they often do. which is fair enough and fine.... but its annoying when they list off the reasons, which are the exact same things that Arsene was criticized endlessly for... by the same fucking people.

Poch seems to be taking some heat for his selection choices.
    Arsenal regressed while they were limiting their spending. They went from the Invincibles to the team that finished 4th every year, often by slim margins.

Meanwhile Spurs are progressing, or at worst keeping at the levels they were at. They made a champions league final, as well as consistent and comfortable top 4 finishes (usually, this season aside). Whereas Spurs before Poch were not a consistent top 4 team.

Shock Reviews Archive

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Arsenal regressed while they were limiting their spending. They went from the Invincibles to the team that finished 4th every year, often by slim margins.

Meanwhile Spurs are progressing, or at worst keeping at the levels they were at. They made a champions league final, as well as consistent and comfortable top 4 finishes (usually, this season aside). Whereas Spurs before Poch were not a consistent top 4 team.

So.... because Wenger accomplished something. Got it.

Lol I know the situations are not directly comparable. And its not that I don't think Pochettino deserves credit for progressing Sp*rs. But when you stuff calling Poch the "best manager around" or whatever with a list of his positives that are identical to what Wenger in the austerity period. Again, its the fact that those got him outright mocked by some of the same sources. Its looking at these same dynamics as positive for Pochettino when they were used as a negative against Wenger.

The regression in the 2007-2014 period wasn't all down to Wenger. The later regression, after the stadium was all paid off, that was more down to him and his choices and preferences.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So.... because Wenger accomplished something. Got it.

Lol I know the situations are not directly comparable. And its not that I don't think Pochettino deserves credit for progressing Sp*rs. But when you stuff calling Poch the "best manager around" or whatever with a list of his positives that are identical to what Wenger in the austerity period. Again, its the fact that those got him outright mocked by some of the same sources. Its looking at these same dynamics as positive for Pochettino when they were used as a negative against Wenger.

The regression in the 2007-2014 period wasn't all down to Wenger. The later regression, after the stadium was all paid off, that was more down to him and his choices and preferences.
    Yeah, Wenger accomplished more than Pochettino, not even the fiercest Wenger hater would say otherwise. But during austerity Arsenal they went undeniably backwards, whereas Spurs under Poch have not. So they're not identical achievements by any means because context is key.

Poch isn't the best manager around but to get to a champions league final, a top four finish on top of consistently keeping Spurs as a top four team (when they weren't before) is rightfully being celebrated.

Shock Reviews Archive

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

No more English finals, please.

What a terrible advert for the Premier League they was, honestly. So boring.

Congrats to Liverpool though! Painful viewing but got what they deserved this season and that was a major trophy.

"LET ME IN.."

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    No more English finals, please.

What a terrible advert for the Premier League they was, honestly. So boring.

Congrats to Liverpool though! Painful viewing but got what they deserved this season and that was a major trophy.
    The best game of the tournament was an English Vs English side.

Shock Reviews Archive

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'd be fine with another English vs English finals next year...as long as Liverpool ain't involved again . Glad to see English teams is back at the top of Europe once again.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information