TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Dominion 2019

ezgif-1-2f7ec9108eeb.jpg

Match Card
    Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi
    Jushin Thunder Liger and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White, Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori
    IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Guerillas of Destiny vs. EVIL and SANADA
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Dragon Lee (c) vs Will Ospreay
    NEVER Openweight Title: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    IWGP Intercontinental Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
    IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho

---

Good set of title defences. Some of the matches aren't exactly new but it goes without saying that they'll be quality matches. Main event is definitely a top match star power wise.
    Last edited by MC 16; 06-06-2019 at 03:18 AM.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Re: NJPW Dominion 2019

I assume it's gonna be Shingo challenging Dragon Lee and that sounds like the best thing on this show.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I assume it's gonna be Shingo challenging Dragon Lee and that sounds like the best thing on this show.
    Here here.

Not a bad card shaping up so far especially if Shingo is the challenger
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi
    Jushin Thunder Liger and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White, Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori
    IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Guerillas of Destiny vs. EVIL and SANADA
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Dragon Lee (c) vs Will Ospreay
    NEVER Openweight Title: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    IWGP Intercontinental Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
    IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho
    Updated card!!! Shingo vs Kojima is on the show. Oh boy! Also Moxley vs Young Boy action.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I want to see Jericho win this for the memes.

Taichi vs Ishii going to end up being a MOTYC.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Planet's Admin

Status

Remember when Sanada was having a breakout year? Right back to tag title matches with EVIL.

Should be a great show, jericho Vs Okada could be a fascinating watch, Ishii/naito and Lee/Ospreay we know will be very good at minimum and I love those opening two matches.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah Sanada being in the same spot and not moving up in the World does make me a sad Panda. Dude is ever so talented and he doesn't need to say I'm the best because he does his talking in the Ring. Naito/Ibushi is going to rule as well as, Lee/Ospreay. I'm kinda indifferent to Jericho vs Okada but I might be turned around about it when I see the Match. I'm really pulling for Ishii to put the boots to Taichi how dare he sing love Songs to him during the SJ Finale Show ha.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-08-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Woke up half way through the show, so I'll add my thoughts on Shingo/Kojima and Taichi/Ishii later.

A real flat ending to the show. The post-match angle for Okada vs Jericho pretty much sucked and it was a bad way to end the show. It's been a while since the fans rejected an ending. Boos and reports of thing thing thrown in the ring. The match was a tale of two matches. One half was very much a Jericho match. Brawling, a camera spot, a table spot. The usual Jericho match. I thought it was the worst part of the match. Jericho looked really bad. But the match turned around once they reverted to a normal match. Maybe they realised that it wasn't working and called an audible. Okada took some nice bumps and the effort was there but this wasn't all that good.

Naito and Ibushi had a great start to the match. Naito going all heel on the Osaka crowd was excellent. Then the fans cheered him and that was the end of that. It's clear that they didn't really get what was good about their last few and decided to keep the neck bumps and none of the work in between them. Basically the match lacked substance, in my opinion. I desperately tried to get into it but they lost me. A bummer of a match.

Lee vs Ospreay was fun. I though the match brought out some of the worst aspects of both guys game. The no selling/dramatically stopping spots can only be done so much in a match but they had some great sequences. Dragon Lee’s tope was crazy, the speed and velocity behind it was incredible. Fun finish too.

The tag match was your usual interchangeable tag match.

Taichi vs Ishii was really good match. Some of the early parts were a but forgettable but I dug Ishii telling Taichi that he doesn't need all the crap that he does. Taichi still did a Taichi match though so whatever. Some of the counters were cool. Nice closing stretch

I loved Shingo vs Kojima. It's great to see Kojima in a singles match again after his injury early last year. A simple, basic match that did exactly what it needed to do. Cracking match. #Shingo4TheG1
    Last edited by MC 16; 06-09-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Status

Well, Mox is having no issue getting over with the NJPW crowd it looks like. Awesome to see him doing things on his terms and the crowd showing him love. He had a good opener with Umino. It was a random pairing but Umino looked good, Moxley came off like a badass. The post-match promo and everything clicked. I'm looking forward to the match ups we will see Moxley in for the G1. I would have tried to go to the opener in Dallas if I had known it was kicking off there, but it actually clashes with a trip I'm taking so I won't be able to anyways. Hopefully this isn't the last time they come to Texas in a while.

Kojima vs. Takagi was great. There's no question Takagi has a tangible star quality and I have no doubt he can thrive as a Heavyweight.

KENTA coming to NJPW is great. Honestly, it would have been somewhat of a letdown for me personally if he opted to just go back to NOAH. So, at this point in the night, we have Moxley, Takagi and KENTA all throwing their name in the hat for the G1. I'm stoked to see who else fills out the field, even though I think it's fairly easy to narrow down.

Ospreay vs. Lee was another absolutely nutty showing. I'm not sure I get the point of Ospreay taking the belt in the midst of this pursuit to move up to the Heavyweight ranks, but I can't really complain either. Ospreay is seriously a one of a kind superstar. He could stand to tone down some of his stuff later in matches when he should logically be worn down more, but still, highly entertaining guy and an awesome match.

Man, Jericho vs. Okada was great. Jericho looked a lot more crisp here than he did in the main event of Double or Nothing. His heelish antics were perfect, and the played great into the story, with Okada becoming fed up and turning vicious himself. Some of the counters were really fantastic. Most notably, Okada catching Jericho when he attempted the Codebreaker and turning it into the over the shoulder neckbreaker. I also really marked out when Jericho tried the Rainmaker, but Okado ducked and hit Jericho with the Codebreaker. Ending was definitely anticlimactic but I guess it gives Jericho the pass to say the loss was a fluke. We're definitely getting Tanahashi vs. Jericho in the near future, but I wonder if there will be an Okada vs. Jericho II?

The Planet's Admin

Status

Loved the 4 minute Moxley squash and the interesting turn of him taking Shota Umino to the back with him. I do not want Mox joining other stables, so giving him Umino to tag with him on G1 off nights sounds like smart booking to me.

Shingo/Kojima was fucking great, I really really really want Kojima to have his last run in the G1 like Nagata had so people remember how great he can be, but I think the tournament is going to be too stacked to include him now. Sadly. Shingo looked a beast and how can you not look forward to seeing him finally mix it up with the heavyweights now.

KENTA in the G1 too is fucking amazing news. To the people that bothered to watch him, I really thought Hideo Itami was one of the better wrestlers in a peak year for 205 Live last time out and I have full confidence he's going to provide some great matches in the tournament. Would it of been nice for him to go to NOAH? sure, but that would of been a backwards move for him given the size of NOAH now. He has the chance to do something exciting now in his career. Lads, Tama Tonga probably ain't gonna be apart of the G1 this year, rejoice!!!! Switch KENTA, Moxley, Shingo and Kojima (or maybe Will but probably not) for Omega, Elgin, Hangman Page and Tama and woof does that tournament take a step up and feel fresher without BC nonsense.

Dragon Lee/Ospreay was amazing. MOTN probably, although my favourite match of the night was Kojima/Shingo if I'm being honest. That suicide dive onto the railings tho.

Naito/Ibushi I felt nothing for. They've run the match into the ground and by switching the title back unnecessarily again they'll probably run a rematch again at some point. Bonkers bump on the apron, how is Kota's neck not broken.

Okada/Jericho just didn't work I felt. Boring, sloppy, and Jericho's formula is getting stale already. This was nowhere near as interesting as Naito/Jericho. I did gasp at the finish because that is so different a finish for an Okada match (so props I guess), but the post match attack is lame because I don't want to see this again.

Hail To The King

Status

Yea Jericho vs. Okada Underwhelming to say least Jericho as much as.I hate to say it is getting to the twlight of career.

Naito vs. Kota was great and glad Naito won.

Dragon Lee is good but will is the man.

Moxley wants in on g1 i imgine hes the fav tho i can see juice costing him.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Moxley wants in on g1 i imgine hes the fav tho i can see juice costing him.
    The winner of the tournament has to face the champ at the Tokyo Dome. The potential winners right now are either Naito or Ibushi so most likely Naito.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Ospreay vs Lee was my match of the night, really fun stuff from them imo. I enjoyed the opening sprint with Mox vs the young lion Umino and his post match promo dragging Umino around was wonderful. Shingo vs Kojima was a lot of fun too.

Naito vs Ibushi was solid but that ring apron spot kind of took me out of it. Jericho vs Okada was decent enough, I thought Jericho looked better here than he did at Double or Nothing. Jericho’s post match antics were hilarious, I loved it and his post match promo was great too.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The winner of the tournament has to face the champ at the Tokyo Dome. The potential winners right now are either Naito or Ibushi so most likely Naito.
    Inb4 Naito wins the G1 and loses to Okada again

That was the first NJPW show i've seen in full since Wrestle Kingdom and it was solid enough. O'spreay/Lee was a very much match,as was Ibushi/Naito (Though like others the apron spot kinda took me out of the match, couldn't help but think that Ibushi had destroyed his Neck...then to see him continue to take bumps on it was just way to much for me). Jericho/Okada was very meh and the ending was super meh. Could do with not seeing that match again.

In any case Moxley & Kenta in the G1 will be a sight to see. Cannot wait.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I made the smart decision tonight to watch NJPW Dominion and boy it was an interesting Show to watch tonight now being Wednesday Morning.

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino. I'm happy to see that Young Lion Shota getting some shock and awe spots during this Match, as he took it to Moxley and didn't wait on him to dedicate the pace first. Moxley even after sending Shota into another Universe with the vicious Dirty Deeds he came off respecting the guy for his never quit attitude cool gesture Moxley. I'm all in for Moxley in the G1 this year as KENTA and Shingo it's a dream G1 for me right now.

Shingo vs. Satoshi Kojima. Hard hitting throughout the Match with Kojima testing Shingo if he really has the Tools to be a Heavyweight and be success and he passed with flying colors after this one.

Jushin Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr. I really liked the moment after YOSHI-HASHI was getting the Boots put upon him from Suzuki and Sabre JR, Liger came in and gave him a shot and was like wake the fuck man you can do this. Liger was a great motivator and that motivation came into play as he got a Pinfall over Sabre. I wouldn't mind YOSHI-HASHI with a Singles Title he's been impressing me these last few years go get it pal.

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Taguchi, & Juice Robinson vs. Jay White, Chase Owens, & Taiji Ishimori. This was pretty good, it had a few rough spots, but the right team won. Ishimori didn’t do much as he’s still really banged up. Also Ace Final Cut don't do that again please.

Taichi vs. Ishii. I really enjoyed the fuck outta this War in the Ring. I've never and do mean ever taken Taichi seriously he's a Rodeo Clown to me at times and early on he going that route and Ishii wasn't going for that bullshit. Ishii brought out the best outta Taichi in this one and I need me more of this Taichi please!

The Guerrillas of Destiny vs. EVIL & SANADA. I mean it was a okay Match and I would give it more props, but for some reason NJPW for some reason want to fucking overbook Matches especially when two teams are involved. The Booking of this Match was downright criminal.

Dragon Lee vs. Will Ospreay. This was an amazing and insane match, with Ospreay coming off of the MOTY contender against Shingo and making the most of his BOSJ win by winning the championship here. Both guys were absolutely great here, and Lee may have lost, but looked great in doing so, putting in another top notch effort. A mix of tremendous pacing, ambitious athleticism, and just two guys working extremely well together allowed this to be a complete success, and finishes Ospreay’s BOSJ tournament run and sets up his first title match with Eagles, who beat him in the BOSJ. Ospreay’s case for most outstanding performer of 2019 continues to grow.

Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito. To the surprise of no one, these two killed it again, delivering a crazy and at times, dangerous match that played into their history very well. They started out differently than the previous two matches, but slowly escalated the action and intensity until finally peaking at the end with Naito winning back the championship. The apron German spot was terrifying, but the rest was what you come to expect from these two, high stakes action, maximum effort and while it obviously isn’t for everyone, they again delivered big time.

Okada vs. Chris Jericho. Overall, this was a very good main event, but not up to the ridiculously high standard that Okada has set. It broke from the usual Okada formula and gave us a non-rainmaker, out of nowhere finish, which was refreshing and also set up Jericho vs. Tanahashi for down the line.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

WAKE UP

Status

Caught some of this today -

Ambrose vs Umino was fun

Shingo vs Kojima was rock solid and just what it needed to be to establish Shingo as a heavy, a couple dull moments but decent heavyweight action

Ishii is still Ishii but Taichi may be one of the worst wrestlers of the last 20 years. I had to look up his wiki page to jog my memory on who he was again, then it hit me "oh yeah, he's that Kawada trainee who sucked". Seriously, how can you be trained by KAWADA and so clearly not get what makes wrestling exciting. Dude sucks.

Lee vs Ospreay - bonkers dive from lee, but a bonkers dive alone does not a good match make. most of the match floated between boring and absurd, which is typical of both guys. These guys may have a fun 10 minute sprint in them, but them going 20 minutes and trying to be epic is hot garbage

Why do some Americans feel the need to talk so much in their matches in Japan? Jericho is really guilty of this and it's always really jarring and hokey-feeling. Very average main event, but then it always was going to be. The Omega match had briefly raised my opinion of old fat Jericho, but this felt like back to our regularly scheduled programming. Would agree with whoever said Okada struggled because it wasn't a workrate-heavy 6 star main event type match and looked very exposed running through all his signature spots.

Thread Information