Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion - May 20, 2019

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion - May 20, 2019

Between the Wildcard, this and whatever that was that closed MITB on Sunday, Vince has truly lost his damn mind.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Well, I really enjoyed Raw last night. Granted I only watched 20 minutes of it but it was pretty great. Got the Brock Boombox Meme and a great Heyman promo. Good stuff

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Odds on the MITB being cashed in as an inverse of Mania 31? Instead of Seth cashing in during Brock/Roman and saves everything, Brock cashes in during a Roman/Seth match and dooms everything. Idk.

I've only watched the 24/7 highlights on YouTube, so here's my HOT TAKE on that: It's not bad.

A 24/7 title has been suggested since the WWE Network started, so I'm surprised and yet not surprised to see that being the grand reveal. Much like the Hardcore title it'll have negative prestige, but it'll probably give the lowercarders and the like a few minutes of airtime and some fun, so... Fuck it, why not. All for it. It won't be getting PPV matches, but it won't need it. Just a two-minute cutaway gag backstage where Heath Slater applauds for No Way Jose's conga dancing and it's considered a submission, so Jose takes the belt and runs. Who cares. It'll be mindless fun, worth nothing, and a handful of minutes of screentime for the losers I have a soft spot for.

All I'm hoping is that the 24/7 rule is legit 24/7 and you'll get pop-ups on the WWE Network saying 'a 24/7 title match is happening RIGHT NOW between Aiden English and Joey Abs of the Mean Street Posse, live at a McDonalds somewhere in New Jersey! Click here to watch! Or don't, whatever, I'm not your boss.'

Sidenotes from the 24/7 segments: Eric Young is unrecognisable without the beard. Mojo Rawley's new look sucks but sucking is par for the course for Mojo so no big loss there.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I have to say, Brock with the boombox briefcase makes me a little on board with him winning on Sunday because the memes are glorious on twitter today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Everything's better with the Eurythmics... 2 <a href="https://t.co/D8iimEobHC">pic.twitter.com/D8iimEobHC</a></p>&mdash; Kris Thompson (@EditKrisEdit) <a href="https://twitter.com/EditKrisEdit/status/1130780015438774272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought it was an above average Raw, stayed up to watch it as my sleep pattern was all messed up. Cesaro/Ricochet was good and I'm on board with Cesaro getting a repackage push, Revival/Usos was the best match on the show even if the choice of winner was dumb (Usos literally just pinned the SD champs to set up a title match), I think the opening segment with Brock, Heyman, Kofi and Seth was killer and for a week at least sets up some intrigue before Lesnar just cashes in on Rollins. Alexa was fantastic again in her role on the show, and I'm into Nikki being a part of her act. Billie Kay though, horrendous wrestler, Becky had to scream at her to get closer just to do her dropkick, absolutely no ring awareness from someone who's been doing this for 10 years or so. I think the worst thing on the show was Drew oddly teaming up with Shane, getting in Roman's face and then having a match with Miz, we're well passed the point of anyone caring about Shane Vs Miz and Roman Vs Drew, it's killed the idea that the shakeup was supposed to make things fresh and exciting, and Shane really needs to wrap this run of his up because he's wrestled on 6 of the last 7 PPVs and I'm done with it, it's not a special attraction anymore and no-one seems to get the rub from beating him.

The 24/7 title announcement was a complete bomb. Foley's promo wasn't good and he couldn't even hold the title right without showing half of it off. I think the reason it was so rejected is because he didn't say the word hardcore, and while I'm all for not having that be a hardcore title because the 24/7 rule is what I'm interested in not garbage 3 minute matches with stop signs, you shouldn't of brought Foley in to do that promo unless it was for a hardcore title. I'm already enjoying the stuff I'm seeing online from the people chasing that title, it's a fun thing for the lower midcarders to do and if it gets some of these geeks out of catering and onto TV for 5 minutes a week, I'm all for it. I get the feeling that critics of WWE aren't going to understand that the title is like the Mixed Match Challenge, it's not something super serious, it's meant to be fun/comedy to appeal to a different target audience and to get some use out of wrestlers that aren't talented in-ring competitors but have personality like Truth, Drake Maverick, Titus etc.
    Last edited by Ed; 05-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Thread Information