Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WCW 2001 (WCW wins the Monday Night War)

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: WCW 2001 (WCW wins the Monday Night War)

I'm all for another WCW lives thread. Looking forward to seeing what you can produce, especially considering how stacked the roster will be once you bring in some guys from the now defunct companies.

Good luck!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Yea looks good im in will review sometime good luck

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Jam Up Guy

Status

I love the idea of WCW Lives, so I'll definitely be checking this out.

I like the presentation, and the angles are making a solid start. There's clearly a load of potential here and I'm excited about the prospect of where you go. I'd love to get an understanding to the backstory of how we ended up here. It looks like WCW lost all the people they lost before, and yet somehow won. Did anything change? Did anyone stay who left in real life? Did they create a new star, or tap in to something different to survive? Why did the WWF die? That'd all be fascinating to hear!

In terms of what would make this even better, I get that this is a momentous period in wrestling, but I'd encourage you to slow down with the pacing a little. There were so many reintroductions/debuts on Nitro that they started to lose appeal after a while. Hell, there were 3 in one match! Shamrock being there would have landed better for me if we didn't already have RVD, Hak, Meng, Raven and King debut, plus the news of Nash and Goldberg, and WWF being bought out, all in one show.

I'd also encourage you to slow down on the volume of updates! One show a week is normally the maximum you can get away with before people stop checking in, simply because of the work involved with not falling behind.

But aside from this, there are a lot of good signs here and I'll try to keep up. Good luck bud!

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Hail To The King

Status

So this is well written man and I love a WCW Lives On type thing because you can go anywhere with it. Example would be you bringing in Ken Shamrock. I could see you using him like Lesnar in WWE now as a legit badass (least in WWE eyes he is) I am looking foward to seeing more of your work.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Interested in this quite a bit. I dabbled in this idea (poorly) for my first ever project. I'll be interested to see what you end up doing with the WWF, I do anticipate an 'Invasion' happening of some sort eventually.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Hail To The King

Status

damn dude really good show. I like Sandman being back as him and throwin smoke into Genes face was good. Raven chilling in crowd is pretty cool as well so Raven, RVD, Sandman, Corino all in WCW I wonder if that is leading to ECW vs. WCW.

Lance Storm is building up as a solid midcarder as well and him with Justin gonna be a fun thing to watch

Corino's debut btw is sick af and makes him the bastard he is and I know him & Dusty have a past.

Ken Shamrock feels like a legit badass in your btb I am down for that.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 08:59 AM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I have to say, I've been wanting to read a booker like this for ages! So happy someone has given it ago. Just read through the shows and I'm enjoying it. It's cool to see you haven't just thrown the big names like Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker and so on straight into the mix with no real purpose. Excited to see how they debut. The debuts/returns so far have been really cool though! Shamrock is a badass and the role he's in right now is really suited. I also love how the ECW guys have come in with Van Dam becoming the Hardcore Champion. Your portrayal of Sandman so far is great too! I loved that interview segment with Mene Gene, blowing the smoke in his face and getting rid of the Hardcore Hak name. That was great! Good job man. I'll be reading along!

"LET ME IN.."

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:00 AM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Nice episode of Thunder man!

Really liking that Spring Stampede card.

Excited to read how it goes down!

Good job with this so far, mate Well done!

"LET ME IN.."

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Before I get onto some of the meatier bit of the show, I’m constantly praising the little things in my feedback, and sometimes the little things are needed to make the big things seem like a HUGE deal. I can’t compliment you enough on how you’ve hyped your biggest star (Goldberg’s) return on PPV this Sunday. The PPV hype package to start the show, the Goldberg moments littered throughout the rest of the show (I’ll touch on the Jarrett stuff later), but I just thought this was really smart stuff.

A fun opening tag match here and it makes perfect sense to be booked after The Cat offered his help to Helms on Nitro. I can’t fault anything here, this was honestly booked as well as it could be. The person who isn’t involved in the PPV takes the fall, the challenger’s look strong, but then Moore and Evan’s greediness comes into play, hyping the triple threat nature of their match at the PPV. Very well booked and good hype for Sunday.

I know WCW has a Hardcore division at this point, but this was basically an ECW match out of The Sandman. I’m happy for him to just destroy people in these types of matches forever. Obviously going into his title shot against RVD, Sandman had to get the win here, and it’s smart to show the kind of danger he presents in a Hardcore environment. On another note, I think it’s pretty clever that you’ve thrown the ECW guys into this Hardcore division. Obviously the perfect place to get them accustomed in a bigger company.

Harris Brothers/Kronik is probably one of the things on the PPV I’m not looking forward to. It has all the makings of a terrible match, but at least you’ve got it as a Parking Lot Brawl. My advice would be to keep this one short. Whilst all these guys lack basically everything to make them interesting, the parking lot stuff over this episode and Nitro has been fun at least. My only issue is with this and all the Hardcore Title stuff, you don’t want to get WCW having TOO much of an ECW feel. Still, for what this is, you’re doing okay, but I don’t envy you for booking and writing this.

Palumbo/Credible match followed by the partners getting involved is solid hype for their tag title match at the PPV. Whilst it makes sense for Credible to still stay true to his ECW roots, more Hardcore stuff just makes the Hardcore events struggle to stand out. I definitely think you need to work on your booking in terms of what’s happening on each show. For example, a Hardcore match, a parking lot attack, another Hardcore attack, and what happens in the RVD match is just too much for one WCW show. This was solid hype for the tag title match at the PPV though.

No idea where this Raven stuff is going, but Raven is EASILY one of the best characters to write/book. I’m very intrigued by the starting point, with him just showing up every week and refusing to talk. Poor Mean Gene lol. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes.

RVD/Douglas match happening in WCW is all kinds of fun. Dodgy finish makes sense, and again, this was just solid PPV hype for Douglas/Bigelow and RVD/Sandman. The Sandman attack was quite brutal, and I won’t repeat myself on the too much Hardcore stuff again though.

I’m really torn on the initial Corino promo from a realism point of view. Whilst I completely understand the concept of Corino being risqué and offensive, and this type of homophobia would fit in perfectly in an ECW world, it wouldn’t in ECW. There is no way WCW is letting something as blatant as this on their show, in my opinion. With that being said, if I take out the realism part of it, I’m a fan of offensive angles and am happy to see where it goes. Corino was obviously winning the match, but what got me real interested is the warning from Bischoff. Corino having issues with Bischoff because he’s too out there could be a world of fun. This was a great segment and Corino/Rhodes at the PPV should be a world of fun after Corino’s awesome promo on Nitro.

Not much to say regarding the mixed tag except a good win for Konnan and Tygress. I guess the visual with both members locking in the Tequila Sunrise would have been a nice touch.

Before I get into the specifics of tonight, Jeff Jarrett’s hunting down of Sarge over the past few shows has been bloody brilliant. Jarrett’s promo about being frustrated at Goldberg getting all the attention was pretty by the numbers, but The Berg’s music costing Jarrett the match was some good final hype for their match at the PPV.

One small detail that is missing for me here is match times. It feels like so much has happened on this show in terms of length, I think match times could really help me get an idea of where the show is at.

I’ve been reading in the background but it was about time I commented on this. I’m really impressed with the booking here, some real good stuff. You’ve made a great first impression. My only advice would be to try and spread the Hardcore matches/attacks across different shows. I think even at the PPV we have a Hardcore match, a Parking Lot Brawl, and Dustin/Corino will be basically Hardcore as well. Still, I’ll be following this, some good stuff here.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Curtain Jerker

Status

What A Maneuver!

Status

Been wanting to comment on this for quite a while. Just gonna leave a few thoughts on the Spring Stampede Show.

First off, your format and layout of the show was incredible. Very easy to read, and I am glad that you’ve moved away from the massive paragraphs to the short, detailed paragraphs broken up very nicely. In just a few short shows, you have figured out a perfect writing style that flows very nicely.

Even though I am big into the WWF from the early 90s, the only other time period that I love is WCW 2000-2001. I have so many different BTBs saved on my computer from this time period, so I am glad to see a WCW 2001 as awesomely booked as this. I really dig the idea of WCW winning the war, and the introduction of different guys from different companies doesn’t seem too overdone. The addition of the ECW guys really gives this BTB a nice touch, because all are believable in WCW at this time.

Many of the the matches played out as I thought they would. I really loved the stagecoach spot in the RVD/Sandman Match. Also love your booking of Corino, Shamrock and Goldberg. Jarrett came off as a great heel as well, and Steiner walking out with the title was the right call. So many different possibilities you can go from here. Your roster is absolutely stacked and I haven’t even mentioned The Giant coming back as well. So many different characters to book, must be a hell of a lot of fun to hash out their plans.

The thing I might have enjoyed the most was the ending. I am 100 percent behind a Raven/Sting feud. I’ve always wanted to book that particular feud, but never got that far in my planning stages. I am really hoping we get all of the dark/super natural shit that would flow with those two.

Overall, I don’t have much time for an entire review, but didn’t want to miss out on commenting on this show. For your first PPV on here, it was super impressive. It shows that you’ve put a lot of time and thought into the booking/decisions and layout, and I commend you on the leaps and bounds you have made from just your first show on here. Keep up the great work man, you definitely have a reader in me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information