Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIME'S UP - Jon Moxley is coming to New Japan

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

TIME'S UP - Jon Moxley is coming to New Japan

So there's another video package airing on New Japan shows hyping up the debut/return of a new wrestler on the roster that is going after Juice Robinson. Names I've heard suggested so far are Chris Brooks, Oka, Mark Haskins, Davey Boy Smith, Josh Bodom. The vibe of the video suits Chris Brooks the most, but I can't see how they'd use that guy as a heavyweight in Japan, he's a twig. I'm predicting Oka.

Gedo doing another knife gimmick? Lay off this fetish mate.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: TIME'S UP

It's actually NJPW truly breaking into the sports entertainment market with an angle focused on Juice's inappropriate backstage workplace behavior with the intended goal to finally debut the joshi as women capable of competing with men.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Oka is the one I'm going for too. It's much improved over his current gimmick and it puts him in a rather high profile spot for his return too. Oka was pretty much ready when he went off excursion so I can buy it only lasting a year.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Not sure who it is but that video package was superb.
    [save]

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Whoever that was looked way too skinny to be Oka or DBS. As far as Bodom? LMAO, he'd be fired in like a month if they dared bring him in.

I would prefer it be DBS so Archer can break off on his own and KES is beyond stale and pointless atm and I don't need Oka trying to portray a tough biker or whatever this new knife guy is supposed to be. Haskins would be great and Brooke's would be solid but as heavyweight? I just don't get that, but with ZSJ anything is possible.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Hahahahaha great trolling.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

That leaves Oka then. He hasn't had a match since February and its time for him to return now anyway. Finlay is possible but the Union Jack makes me think otherwise.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I guess we were all wrong it's JON MOXLEY! NJPW and AEW playing nice for our enjoyment fuck yeah!
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-27-2019 at 04:30 AM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I'm not sure why but my initial reaction to finding out it was Moxley was groaning. He is a big name and all but I don't see how he stylistically fits in. I'll reserve judgement for now but honestly, I'm not that excited for what he will do. I suppose it was a given but another short Juice title reign is disappointing.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Awesome, what a cool swerve, no-one thought it would be Moxley because of the british label on the jacket. I predicted when Moxley left he'd probably end up winning our most improved wrestling award because he'll go from being stale to getting these great opportunities that I believe he can deliver in.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I'm not sure why but my initial reaction to finding out it was Moxley was groaning. He is a big name and all but I don't see how he stylistically fits in. I'll reserve judgement for now but honestly, I'm not that excited for what he will do. I suppose it was a given but another short Juice title reign is disappointing.
    I'm all for it, if someone stylistically doesn't fit into New Japan, then for me that's a bonus cause I'm sick of the New Japan house style and every singles title being fought in the same 30 minute match manner now. Someone being a little different on the card works for me.

Also, this will be a shot in the arm for tickets that aren't selling as well in the States.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

That's fair since the style is so stale, even more so than it has been but, now this is just me personally, Moxley's style of wrestling has never blown me away either. Being different doesn't automatically make it better, just different. He could exceed my expectations and prove me wrong though.

Also, I think this was a last minute choice because the Union Jack thing has zero links to Moxley whatsoever. They need to address that soon.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Ambrose has been given opportunities to deliver good matches time and time again, and outside of his Shield stuff it's only resulted in brief flashes, and usually only against far better workers than him. In NJPW he will have more free reign to do things his own way because in his defense he was booked absolutely atrociously from a character standpoint for much of his singles run in WWE and I'm sure it wore on his motivation, but he doesn't exactly strike me as a wrestling genius based on his prior indie work anyway. I do agree having someone completely different in the main event scene is good but we have Jericho to have garbage matches in that role. Do we really need Ambrose too?

From a NJPW perspective it makes perfect sense for the exact reason Ed said about giving a shot in the arm to poor ticket sales in Dallas. For him I don't understand this at all, unless NJPW paid him a huge sum of cash we don't know about, if I were him I would be radio silent in any company except AEW. They're miles ahead of NJPW in the US, and I wouldn't dare risk injury in any other promotion. I hope for his sake it all works out because if he suffers an injury in NJPW he could end up being one of the dumbest men in wrestling.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Yeah I'm lost as to what the New Japan attitude towards AEW is because they've distanced themselves completely from the Elite (even taking down Omega's profile on their website last week), yet they've brought Jericho back for a IWGP title shot and now here's Moxley coming in with a push and presumably gonna be their next US Champion.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Clearly the Elite have fell out with New Japan, for some reason. Money perhaps? But not so much as to stop others from working there. Smart from their part.

On Vacation

Status

Yeah I don't see how Moxley doesn't fit their style in NJPW MC. He's a true Brawler and given history from what I've seen gaijin or no gaijin those type of Wrestlers are fairly successful if handled correctly. He shakes things up which is always a great thing to see, because I've become zombified watching the product. The possibilities are endless if Moxley finds his groove, to have plenty of good Matches within the Company.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah I don't see how Moxley doesn't fit their style in NJPW MC. He's a true Brawler and given history from what I've seen gaijin or no gaijin those type of Wrestlers are fairly successful if handled correctly. He shakes things up which is always a great thing to see, because I've become zombified watching the product. The possibilities are endless if Moxley finds his groove, to have plenty of good Matches within the Company.
    Moxley facing The Bullet Club would be cool to see him building up beating all members then defeating White for IWGP Heavyweight Championship before kicking White Out and becoming leader of it would def be a kickstart to revival of BULLET CLUB

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    You said why I don't think he fits the style. He is a brawler. Okada isn't a brawler, Tanahashi isn't a brawler, White isn't a brawler. The lay out and structure of big New Japan matches (and seemingly all singles matches based on the BOSJ) is very drawn out, has a ton of mat based wrestling, bomb fest heavy finishes. He doesn't wrestle that style at all. But that doesn't mean he won't be successful. I fully expect he will be successful in the way New Japan want him to be.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: TIME'S UP - Jon Moxley is coming to New Japan

I want Moxley vs. Ishii.

I don't have much to add on to what has been said. I personally like the addition of Moxley for the reasons Ed stated. From his perspective, maybe he's come to NJPW to try to prove himself. Do something he's never done before. Establish himself as an international superstar in his own right. I can see the motivation from that perspective.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    You said why I don't think he fits the style. He is a brawler. Okada isn't a brawler, Tanahashi isn't a brawler, White isn't a brawler. The lay out and structure of big New Japan matches (and seemingly all singles matches based on the BOSJ) is very drawn out, has a ton of mat based wrestling, bomb fest heavy finishes. He doesn't wrestle that style at all. But that doesn't mean he won't be successful. I fully expect he will be successful in the way New Japan want him to be.
    I always like contrast of Styles in the Ring and you saying those names makes me even more hype. Ishii vs Moxley EC the thought of that wow. You know Ishii wouldn't that attitude from him. I can imagine a stiff Closeline that turns Jon inside out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information