Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion - May 6, 2019

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion - May 6, 2019

Man, Vince truly is losing his damn mind. That wild card thing is hilariously pointless . Panic mode setting in once again. Hilarious to see what happens next when this doesn’t boost ratings at all.

Status
      Country                    United States

Wild card is going to ruin these shows even more than they already are. Putting Bryan, Kofi, and Roman on Raw for even one night took three segments away from Raw talent, which means for the second week in a row a guy who's been busting his ass in killer tag matches for the last couple of years in Cesaro, is off the show wrestling on Main Event. Now picture the same thing on Smackdown, a show that's so deep in talent it's already got big names taking every show off, and now dedicate even one of those segments to Seth Rollins or AJ Styles, and your lower card sinks even deeper.

I didn't even watch the show, it sounds like a top to bottom trainwreck, but the very idea of this wild card shit is going to destroy whatever precious integrity the brand split still had and is going to make both shows a samey pile of garbage.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Total Nonstop Silk: Reviewing TNA from the Moment of IMPACT
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

How long until they unify the titles again? This wild card shit is just that; shit.

Super happy Bryan is back but honestly you could've done this on SD.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Kofi versus Bryan was a great TV defense. And I laughed during Firefly Funhouse.

What the fuck was this Raw though?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Good job WWE have all that money in the bank as this is getting worse and worse each week. If you want people to appear on both shows just end the brand split, or tweak it so you have your "big stars" appearing on both shows then the rest only appear on one show. Try something different instead of burning out the people you want to keep relevant.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

It all just becomes more nonsensical each week as they desperately try to pop the ratings by doing shit with people who dont pop the ratings.

An SDL World Title match on Raw? Half the SDL roster showing up on Raw?

Just end the brand split, at this point there's zero positives to the brand split anyway. In theory the brand split should lead to more people getting opportunities, but its just the same tiny group of people endlessly getting all the spotlight anyway.

At what point do they stop just doing the same thing over and over with the same people and actually try something different?

Status

What an excellent episode of Raw.

Somehow it keeps getting worse. That show had Vince's fingerprints all over it. Any surprise it was rather awful?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Vince: 3 Smackdown superstars will appear on Raw tonight!

Daniel Bryan
    Roman Reigns
    Kofi Kingston
    Elias
    Lars Sullivan

They can't even follow this rule on NIGHT ONE.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

The week the McMahons all returned to TV and fired Corbin and called up 6 NXT acts to usher in this next era of WWE, I spoke about how WWE literally doesn't realise what the problem is with their product and nothing is going to change. They think the issue is with new stars and everything can be solved by just calling up new talent from NXT (the flaw being they assume their audience know who these acts are and so don't bother to introduce them correctly), and they've tried this several times this year with the 4 pre mania callups including Black and Ricochet and just last month with the Superstar Shakeup debuts of Viking Raiders and Kairi Sane. They don't do anything to fix the writing, the presentation, the production, the protection of pushed characters. Last night that came to ahead with a dreadful episode.

- The same old 25 minute opening segment where everyone comes out to say their piece, this time a bunch of SD guys just to kill the shakeup draft that's not even a month old yet. Best of all, Vince made up the wildcard rule on the fly after they all came up, so why in kayfabe did Kofi just arrive at the arena and come out to music when the rule about hopping brands wasn't in place yet. Also, outside of kayfabe and looking at it as a business, HOW is the answer to improving Raw ratings to bring people over from Smackdown THAT HAS EVEN LOWER RATINGS.
    - Baron Corbin wrestling for 20 minutes~~~~~
    - Sami Zayn has been one of the only good things about the product post mania, and they geeked him out to Braun and put him in a garbage truck. That's not even building up to a MITB match because Braun's in the ladder match and Zayn isn't.
    - Why is can't act Dominic apart of this Joe/Rey thing? That is a cool enough match on paper and Joe is good enough on the mic to inject heat into this angle against Rey without using his son. Forget that Joe is bigger than Rey so visually it's so easy for him to be the heel here, DOMINIC IS WAY BIGGER THAN REY, he's a grown ass man, not a little child.
    - Shane, Elias and Lars on the show so now 6 people from SD can be on the show. ughhhhhh.
    - Ucy hot segment. Surely there's only one man in the world that thought that was A. funny and B. a segment that should make TV. It's so clear they're just doing this to make The Revival look like clown because of their contract situation, but now Usos are being dragged down doing childlike comedy.
    - Daniel Bryan brought back after this time out just to lose to Kofi again with no build up. If you want to build up ratings, why not shoot the angle on Raw and say tomorrow on Smackdown there's gonna be a WWE title rematch.

Bryan Vs Kofi was a good match, but this was a show lacking a lot of logic and it's worrying to see their response to all time low ratings at the moment. We're only a month out from a mania where we got almost everything that the fans wanted (Becky won, Kofi won, Seth ended Brock's reign of terror, Finn won) and that bubble popped quickly.
    Last edited by Ed; 05-07-2019 at 01:43 PM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Vince: 3 Smackdown superstars will appear on Raw tonight!

Daniel Bryan
    Roman Reigns
    Kofi Kingston
    Elias
    Lars Sullivan

They can't even follow this rule on NIGHT ONE.
    According to Meltzer that changed during the night. So it's now 5 that can move.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I liked Firefly Funhouse, Sami’s promo until Braun showed up, Shane/Miz stuff, and the main event. Everything else was just kind of meh, you know it’s bad if even I didn’t like it that much.
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 05-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post

I liked Firefly Funhouse, Sami’s promo until Braun showed up, Shane/Miz stuff, and the main event. Everything else was just kind of meh, you know it’s bad if even didn’t like it that much.
    That's the truth. I had to miss this episode because my girl's family was visiting but it sounds like an absolute atrocity of a show.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

This show was truly the definition of Monday Night Yard.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Man, Vince truly is losing his damn mind. That wild card thing is hilariously pointless . Panic mode setting in once again. Hilarious to see what happens next when this doesn’t boost ratings at all.
    Legit it looks like Vince lost it, hes out of touch man. I man even in the promo he seemed out of his mind. I wonder if that was meant to come off like that or not. I am seriously considering not watching Raw anymore. It is bad like this might be the worse Raw of all time.

I know someone posted a video of this but I feel like Vince was in the production meeting going how do we fix ratings?

Wildcard was his answer. I am guessing the roster lower midcards and such gonna be asking for release soon.
    Last edited by OMB; 05-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Character Jobber

Status

Now I understand why The Revival are not happy in WWE. Really, what is WWE doing with the tag team divisions? One team is built up, then win the belts, lose them, and fall into oblivion, and then the whole thing repeats with another team.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Status

I mean the list of shitty things from this show is long but fuck... Braun burying Sami really makes me question why I have even the slightest hope for WWE. Two weeks ago, I found Raw extremely good. They had new faces and tweaked characters and some guys like Cesaro and Roode who rarely get any time picked up wins, Sami was given a lot of mic time and hit it out if the park, and it looked like they'd maybe become involved in something meaningful again finally. Then WWE does what it's done time and time again the last several years and goes back to the same eight or so acts getting all the air time and of course Braun Strowman, perhaps the least interesting guy in the company to me at this point, gets to make the infinitely more talented Sami Zayn look like a chump in a piss poor attempt at comedy (I assume?). Unless Zayn is injured again or something, I really can't think of any worse thing they could have done with him last night. I would rather see him job to Baron Corbin than be another geek that Braun terrorizes especially when they turn around and have Braun look like a fucking joke every time he has any kind of meaningful match.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

- Opening Segment
    I think Roman's facial expressions told the story. The wildcard rule is so stupid, and further proves that WWE is panicking due to poor ratings. However I think the segment was fine, the promos by all were well done, Bryan especially. The "I'm brilliant" line was gold by Vince. Love him.

- AJ/Vince/Seth
    Well the transition into this part was poorly done, but whatever. The promos were fine, a bit bland from both guys. But that's really nothing new. Not feeling this feud.

- Sami/Braun
    After some great promos by Sami, they just make him someone that Braun can throw in a bin, and on top of that, turn it into a "comedy" segment with the garbage truck. sigh. R.I.P Sami in that case.

- Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston
    Fun match. Bryan was really great throughout the match. Bryan is at his best when sadistic bully breaking down limbs, which he did superbly on Kofi's arm. Kofi did some cool moves and the crowd got behind him, although you can tell the crowd was pretty much dead by this time in the show.

Thread Information