Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Lio Rush has heat on him again

  1. #1
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Lio Rush has heat on him again

    I just read an interview with Lio Rush regarding his supposed heat. He basically defended himself and asked why hes not getting merchandise sales percentages and why he doesnt carry veterans bags.

    Now im sure you can all find the interview and comment on it

    But i need to ask what the fuck is wrong with adults carrying their own bags? I would never carry someones bag for them unless they were hurt/elderly, pregnant or disabled.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  2. #2
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,315
    Rep Power
    384532

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Why do I make coffee for my boss or the more experienced members of my team? Why do I carry more equipment than them? It's not in my job description. Because it shows a good attitude and respect and doesn't make you a sycophant if you're also good at your main job or displaying a drive to improve. In Rush's case, chances are high that an uppercarder is working harder, longer, more frequent matches than him and his back and shoulders probably killing him. He's not paralysed, but would probably appreciate a "Hey, can I help you carry those?"

    There are definitely outdated, childish aspects to WWE/wrestling culture (wrestler's court and buying Taker whisky is retarded, JBL soaping your ass to check that you're cool is just rapey), but carrying some bags, especially when you're a 24 year old newbie, isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Marketh; 05-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  3. #3
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Why do I make coffee for my boss or the more experienced members of my team? Why do I carry more equipment than them? It's not in my job description. Because it shows a good attitude and respect and doesn't make you a sycophant if you're also good at your main job or displaying a drive to improve. In Rush's case, chances are high that an uppercarder is working harder, longer, more frequent matches than him and his back and shoulders probably killing him. He's not paralysed, but would probably appreciate a "Hey, can I help you carry those?"

    There are definitely outdated, childish aspects to WWE/wrestling culture (wrestler's court and buying Taker whisky is retarded, JBL soaping your ass to check that you're cool is just rapey), but carrying some bags, especially when you're a 24 year old newbie, isn't one of them.
    Its one thing to make a coffee for someone when you are also making one for yourself or lets in my field to listen to an older guy in my trade. Its another thing to carry his shit around.

    I find it super childish to be expected to suck dick at work.

    Like I said sure say hi, shake hands, take advice. But carring someones luggage isnt one of them

    I used ro work for these scummy telemarketers when i was in my early 20s. They used to send me out to get breakfast for them instead of being on the phone. I said sure buy me breakfast too. And after that i got free breakfast and lunches for years until i quit. But its not like i carried their breifcases for them and i got something out of it.
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-02-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  4. #4

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Considering the fact that Lio Rush has seemingly been in the doghouse since the very month that he debuted on NXT TV thanks to that stupid tweet about Emma and new issues apparently popping up every once in awhile, perhaps the carrying the veterans' bags is more about punishing Rush, making him a bit humble (Good luck with that), and allowing him to try and get back on everyone's good sides.

  5. #5
    I LOOOOOOOVE YOU
    Booty Love's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Brother Love Show
    Posts
    15,298
    Rep Power
    756397
      Country                    United States

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Considering the fact that Lio Rush has seemingly been in the doghouse since the very month that he debuted on NXT TV thanks to that stupid tweet about Emma and new issues apparently popping up every once in awhile, perhaps the carrying the veterans' bags is more about punishing Rush, making him a bit humble (Good luck with that), and allowing him to try and get back on everyone's good sides.
    Here’s Mark Henry’s thoughts on Lio
    https://twitter.com/bustedopenradio/...865482255?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro





  6. #6

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Here’s Mark Henry’s thoughts on Lio
    https://twitter.com/bustedopenradio/...865482255?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm most surprised by the reveal that Henry was a young boy for Yokozuna. The time period in which they were both in the WWE was so short that they never even wrestled on the same show together.

  7. #7
    I LOOOOOOOVE YOU
    Booty Love's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Brother Love Show
    Posts
    15,298
    Rep Power
    756397
      Country                    United States

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    I think Yozo was around for a long time after he last wrestled. Pretty sure Prichard has talked about it on STWW once or twice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro





  8. #8
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    my issue with this young boy mentality is that i get its a thing from back in the day. Does that mean that todays wrestlers need to abide by it? I find it funny that old wrestlers are chiming in and saying yeah we did in the 80s and 90s. That's just it ...its 20 - 30 years ago. Just because wrestlers wrestled so much 20 -30 years ago...should they still have to wrestle that many days simply because thats the way it was done in the past?

    It comes off like a Fraternity.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  9. #9
    I LOOOOOOOVE YOU
    Booty Love's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Brother Love Show
    Posts
    15,298
    Rep Power
    756397
      Country                    United States

    News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    This happens in all sports. Rookies have to do shit all the time. To the vets it’s about respect and Rush seems to be showing that he doesn’t have that respect. Carrying someone’s bags isn’t that big of a deal.
    Also there’s nothing wrong with fraternities. I was in one in the 90s.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Booty Love; 05-03-2019 at 05:52 PM.





  10. #10

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Just because wrestlers wrestled so much 20 -30 years ago...should they still have to wrestle that many days simply because thats the way it was done in the past?
    What does this have to do with the topic?

    This is just how the business is. Young wrestlers carry bags, drive cars, ect to gain respect while the veterans return the favor by giving them their knowledge and helping the younger talent improve.

  11. #11
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,315
    Rep Power
    384532

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    It pretty much goes for any career that's your passion and not just some 9-5. You show the more experienced guys some respect by helping them out and, assuming they're not arseholes, you win their favour and they impart the wisdom and loyalty you need to improve your craft and earn opportunities. Are there WWE vets who abuse this privilege? Of course. But now that we're in a time that hazing culture is more frowned upon, I'm sure there's way less guys who'd expect an unreasonable amount of work from Rush.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  12. #12
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,384
    Rep Power
    800790
      Country                    Canada

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    This happens in all sports. Rookies have to do shit all the time. To the vets it’s about respect and Rush seems to be showing that he doesn’t have that respect. Carrying someone’s bags isn’t that big of a deal.
    Also there’s nothing wrong with fraternities. I was in one in the 90s.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1. this isnt a sport
    2. lio has been in the business for 5 years now. find me an athlete who is still carrying the vet's bag 5 years in.

    guys who have worked the independent scene have worked hard enough where they shouldnt need to "earn" the older guys's respect. theyve paid their dues.

    this whole story is nonsense and based on shitty traditions that should die a quick death. anyone citing their own workplaces or other workplaces as examples of similar traditions should get their workplaces, to, idk, get gud.

    edit: the older guys at my workplace dont force the newer guys/younger guys to do some shitty tradition to "show respect" in exchange for wisdom. they give wisdom for free because they arent assholes and sharing wisdom makes everyone better. and you show respect by just being respectful. you dont need to carry someone's bag to do it.

  13. #13
    I LOOOOOOOVE YOU
    Booty Love's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Brother Love Show
    Posts
    15,298
    Rep Power
    756397
      Country                    United States

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Sports entertainment is close enough

    And I’m not gonna argue with you....we see things differently and chances are we always will.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro





  14. #14
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,315
    Rep Power
    384532

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    5 years ain't that long tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  15. #15

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,447
    Rep Power
    1056662
      Country                    United States

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    I guess I'm in the middle? I can see how obviously, entering a new environment, it would send bad a bad message if you weren't willing to sacrifice or go the extra mile to benefit the mainstays of the place. I've always done a little extra any time I've started a new job or joined a new team, regardless of if it was expected or not. But on the other side of that, an organization that will basically black ball anyone that doesn't comply with their mostly trivial "unwritten rules" has some issues and is probably not going to get the best out of their employees either. At the end of the day, since it is a thing that exists, it's kind of self inflicted if you choose to go into a place like WWE that is known to have this backstage mob mentality and try to buck the norms they abide by. I kind of see it as WWE needs to get better about that, but Lio (assuming everything is true) is foolish for expecting a different outcome.

  16. #16
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,315
    Rep Power
    384532

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Bet in AEW you get heat for not Too Sweet'ing the whole lockerroom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  17. #17
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,914
    Rep Power
    956358
      Country                    United States

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Lio is lucky he doesn’t have to go through what The Miz went through when he was starting out.


    Rest in power, Flock U

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  18. #18

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    2. lio has been in the business for 5 years now. find me an athlete who is still carrying the vet's bag 5 years in.
    Unless you're a legend in this business (Let's say Jushin Liger comes to work for the WWE for a year before his retirement) what you did prior to joining the WWE doesn't matter. It doesn't exist nor will it bring you any respect from the boys. As far as the people in those locker rooms are concerned, Rush is still in his rookie year with the WWE.

  19. #19
    Relentless Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    36,601
    Rep Power
    2382455
      Country                    England

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Anyone familiar with Rush prior to his callup knew he'd be a ticking time bomb in WWE.

  20. #20
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,048
    Rep Power
    357619

    Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Bet in AEW you get heat for not Too Sweet'ing the whole lockerroom.

    What a ridiculous comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    It pretty much goes for any career that's your passion and not just some 9-5. You show the more experienced guys some respect by helping them out and, assuming they're not arseholes, you win their favour and they impart the wisdom and loyalty you need to improve your craft and earn opportunities. Are there WWE vets who abuse this privilege? Of course. But now that we're in a time that hazing culture is more frowned upon, I'm sure there's way less guys who'd expect an unreasonable amount of work from Rush.

    I have been in machining for 11 years and i don't make guys under me do more work nor did i have to do more work or carry things for vets when i started out.

    When i first started out i worked a bit into my break time. The older guys pulled me aside said never do that again. I said why? Hes like what you think better than us? You re making us all look bad by doing extra. Just do your job and do it well.

    Anyway my issue is carrying their bags. Its ridiculous. Its one thing to drive.

    Ill always remember how people made fun of Brutus Beefacke for carrying Hogans bags around for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    What does this have to do with the topic?

    This is just how the business is. Young wrestlers carry bags, drive cars, ect to gain respect while the veterans return the favor by giving them their knowledge and helping the younger talent improve.
    You don't see how this relates?

    Just because its always been done a certain way isn't an excuse to keep doing it. Hence this ridiculous carrying a vets bags.
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-04-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •