Country                    England

All Elite Wrestling AEW Double Or Nothing 25/05/19

ezgif-1-c74533a38c24.jpg

Pre Show
    Kip Sabian vs Sammy Guevara

Over The Budget Battle Royal

Main Card

Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Berreta) vs Jack Evans & Angelico

Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki & Emi Sakura vs Hikaru Shida, Riho Abe & Ryo Mizunami

Britt Baker vs. Kylie Rae vs. Nyla Rose

El Lindaman, T-Hawk & CIMA vs. SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky)

Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes

AAA World Tag Team Title Match: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. The Lucha Brothers (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.)

Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega

---
    Good card with tons of big match ups. And more is still to be announced too.
    Last edited by MC 16; 05-25-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: AEW Double Or Nothing 25/05/19

In Dean's video there was two dice on the wall, a 2 and 5. May 25th? Surely it wasn't coincidental.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Some quick thoughts on the matches:

Over The Budget Battle Royal - Battle Royals aren't the best but after the battle Royal at All In exceeding all, including my own expectations, I quite look forward to this. Should have a ton of fun names.

Britt Baker vs. Kylie Rae vs. Nyla Rose - Only seen a few matches from Nyla Rose and they were in promotions she isn't the focus but she looks fine. Britt Baker hasn't left any impact on me when watching her. Kylie Rae really has a following and from what I've seen, she certainly warrants that. Big chance to impress a whole new audience.

CIMA & Others vs SCU - CIMA excites me. Especially in six man tags which is his bread and butter. I would expect either El Lindaman or T-Hawk to be his partner with another OWE trainee. Any pair will be good for me. SCU are fun to watch.

Hangman Page vs. PAC - Not a fan of Page at all. Can't think of a match where he ever looked great but this could be decent. PAC is a good wrestler, although he hasn't blew me away since leaving WWE. Don't have high hopes for this. Should have tons of heat from the crowd though.

Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes - Cody has a ceiling for what his matches can be but Dustin has more than proved he can be awesome when asked to be. Brother vs Brother matches always lead have a certain dynamic to them. Looking forward to it.

Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros - Should be a great match. Both teams deliver more than not nowadays, and all guys are very good. Can't wait.

Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega - Omega is the only guy who I think had a great match with Jericho. Even though I didn't look forward to that match at all. So I expect sort of the same here, maybe I'm expecting too much from Kenny. Jericho, I think, is way past his prime and does the character work better than his matches. I think he leans on the trash brawl style too much so I hope he does something different this time round. Could be good, could be bad. However I do want to see it so job done.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Should be an interesting show. Hopefully it'll all come together well. It would be nice to have a wrestling show to follow again, of course the actual television show isn't coming out until later this year, but this is their opportunity to showcase what their product will be about. I want to be excited, but at the same time have my reservations as I'm not a fan of a lot of what is out there on the indy scenes these days and haven't really been a fan of any company's product since the mid 00's. I'm most looking forward to Cody vs. Dustin.
    Last edited by LinguisticTurn; 05-01-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Hangman Page vs. PAC - Not a fan of Page at all. Can't think of a match where he ever looked great but this could be decent.
    Don't know how he's been the last few years, but he showed a lot of promise and had great matches with Jay Briscoe, Cedric Alexander, Silas Young and ACH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Don't know how he's been the last few years, but he showed a lot of promise and had great matches with Jay Briscoe, Cedric Alexander, Silas Young and ACH.
    He still has great matches. Vs Kota, vs Haskins vs Cobb vs Martinez. Great wrestler
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Over The Budget Battle Royal - Was a lot of fun last year and I'm sure it'll be fun again.

Britt Baker vs. Kylie Rae vs. Nyla Rose - Kylie's real good, kind of an indie bayley. Britt is passable, never seen Nyla before. Would of preferred a singles match but hey ho

???, ??? & CIMA vs. SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) - The strong hearts are the most overrated wrestling act in the world and I thought that before they had any association with AEW. BUT, keep this to 10 minutes ish, let the OWE guys go crazy for spots, then it'll do well on this card.

Hangman Page vs. PAC - PAC's been getting better, I was super down on his few month or so back, but he's settled in to being not so much of a chore to watch and finding a better balance of gimmick and performance. Hangman's alright and can have good matches. Really intrigued who wins because PAC does not lose, but Hangman is set up to be one of the bigger stars of this brand.

Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes - Wise to go down the storyline/emotional route with this one because with three out of the four knees in this match having been surgically repaired this year, you can't rely too much on work rate with ring rust at play. Dustin has made me want to watch this match. Cody has to win.

AAA World Tag Team Title Match: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. The Lucha Brothers (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.) - Wish they hadn't done the tag titles thing because I can only see one winner now. Match will be good, and the crowd will absolutely lose their shit for this match.

Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega - Was one of my favourite matches last year, and Kenny's been so removed from wrestling that I'm sure he'll want to put on a performance that gets people talking. Feels like it needs one more big push on road to double or nothing to make it feel like the main event when the focus has been on Cody/Goldust the last few weeks.

As an overall package, I could see this going down as a show of the year contender.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I liked him when he was the Young Boy for the Kingdom but that's really it. He has a few new flashy moves but still never had that great performance to me. Was one of the worst guys in the G1 too, other than the Tongans.

WAKE UP

Status

not much interest but will watch to see if Dustin can carry Cody to something

Jericho vs Omega II should have had a stip really

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    not much interest but will watch to see if Dustin can carry Cody to something

Jericho vs Omega II should have had a stip really
    I wouldn't worry about that. Jericho's matches always seem to have no DQ stipulations come bell time. The personification of an Attitude Era main event.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    CIMA & Others vs SCU - CIMA excites me. Especially in six man tags which is his bread and butter. I would expect either El Lindaman or T-Hawk to be his partner with another OWE trainee. Any pair will be good for me. SCU are fun to watch.
    Well, you nearly got it right. Instead of T-Hawk or Lindaman, it's going to be both.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

big draw t-hawk strikes again!

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

So Double or Nothing will be on ITV Box Office for £14.95 with the one hour pre-show being free on ITV4.

That's pretty reasonable, but of course the bigger picture here is it's ITV getting into bed with wrestling once again. We all remember how the NXT UK brand stuff heated up very quickly once WoS was announced for ITV, but that doesn't appear to have swayed ITV from getting out of the game.

Status
      Country                    United States

Double or Nothing will be $59.99 in the US, ummm no thanks.

No One

Status

About the same price in Canada which is a bit absurd. I'm not sure who is paying that much money to watch a wrestling event on-demand nowadays. 20$ is basically my cap, about the same that I would spend watching an IMAX movie.

Status

Even with UFC everyone I know who watches goes somewhere that shows it either a restaurant or bar where you pay a cover charge.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Decent price for the UK Viewers. I was worried about it being 20, maybe 30 pounds. As for the US fans, eh I don't know. I certainly wouldn't pay it, especially when every promotion has much cheaper prices for their shows, including wwe.

Status

All in was $40 on FITE, so I would think this would be the same price. Still $40? I'm not all in on that price.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    About the same price in Canada which is a bit absurd. I'm not sure who is paying that much money to watch a wrestling event on-demand nowadays. 20$ is basically my cap, about the same that I would spend watching an IMAX movie.
    Who’s showing it here? Rogers? I haven’t bothered to check but I don’t really want to shell out 40 bucks.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Who’s showing it here? Rogers? I haven’t bothered to check but I don’t really want to shell out 40 bucks.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Yeah, it's rogers. I'm still mad the only legal way to get WWE Network is through Cable. Is it not 2019?

I'll watch it for free unless they want to meet me in the middle and give out a reasonable price.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information