Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: AEW Double Or Nothing 25/05/19

Re: AEW Double Or Nothing 25/05/19

It makes me wonder what the real number would have been for All In had it only been offered on PPV and not included in ROH Honor Club or New Japan World.

For comparison sake, TNA's biggest buyrate were just 60,000. WWE's terrible buyrate for December to Dismember was 90,000, so DON isn't in WWE's league, but it's fantastic for a non-WWE wrestling company.

For a non-WWE wrestling PPV, you have to go all the way back to Bash at the Beach 2000 to find a PPV with a higher buyrate.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Some people thought it wouldnt do well with the high price tag in a 10.00 a ppv model era. Those people were wrong
    You can just say my name next time.

I'll happily admit I was wrong on this one, but they're definitely making a mistake if PPVs are gonna continue at this price point going forward. 50 dollars for a special debut show with no other significant events in the proximity is expensive but doable. If they want you to pay 50 dollars every month or two once we're getting AEW every week, that's when they're gonna run into problems. I'm sure they already know this and will be working on getting the price down for their future, but in the meantime it's nice that they got a lot of buys for this one and proved some serious interest in the company. People want a WWE alternative more than ever right now and Double or Nothing seemed to scratch the itch for a lot of those folks.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    For a non-WWE wrestling PPV, you have to go all the way back to Bash at the Beach 2000 to find a PPV with a higher buyrate.
    Ahh, the legendary classic all-time PPV that is Bash at the Beach 2000.

One thing I've been curious on - how much control did AEW have over the PPV price point? A brand new company doesn't necessarily have the ability to fully dictate terms on those kind of deals, so did they decide that price point entirety on their own? Or were they pushed or even forced there?

Want to try to find a copy of the show to let Papa Papa watch as they are in town this weekend.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

http://watchwrestling.in/watch-aew-d...-2019-5-25-19/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    You can just say my name next time.

I'll happily admit I was wrong on this one, but they're definitely making a mistake if PPVs are gonna continue at this price point going forward. 50 dollars for a special debut show with no other significant events in the proximity is expensive but doable. If they want you to pay 50 dollars every month or two once we're getting AEW every week, that's when they're gonna run into problems. I'm sure they already know this and will be working on getting the price down for their future, but in the meantime it's nice that they got a lot of buys for this one and proved some serious interest in the company. People want a WWE alternative more than ever right now and Double or Nothing seemed to scratch the itch for a lot of those folks.
    Who are you again .........i kid i kid

I read Khan say it 's only special shows that will cost this much(4 hour shows) shorter shows will be less expensive.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    One thing I've been curious on - how much control did AEW have over the PPV price point? A brand new company doesn't necessarily have the ability to fully dictate terms on those kind of deals, so did they decide that price point entirety on their own? Or were they pushed or even forced there?
    How I believe it goes is that they have full control over the "Recommended price" and then it's up to the PPV providers to decide go with that price or to make it a bit more. It's always going to be in the ballpark of what the company decides is the recommended price though.

Whether you're a brand new company or a long established company, I don't think it matters. You still have just as much control over the recommended price.

So AEW absolutely had control over the PPV price, but since they're splitting the money 50/50 with the PPV providers, a PPV with a price tag of $49.99 is just $24.99 as far as AEW's wallet is concerned.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Does anyone listen to the Jim Cornette experience podcast?

His thoughts on the show was very interesting. I agreed with a lot of it and thought the same in my review but there was some things that on reflection that he said made me think twice and it's always interesting to get a completely different perspective even if you don't always agree.

His thoughts on the Battle Royal killed me Haha! I was laughing hard.

"LET ME IN.."

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Does anyone listen to the Jim Cornette experience podcast?

His thoughts on the show was very interesting. I agreed with a lot of it and thought the same in my review but there was some things that on reflection that he said made me think twice and it's always interesting to get a completely different perspective even if you don't always agree.

His thoughts on the Battle Royal killed me Haha! I was laughing hard.
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it but god damn I've heard that the Battle Royale bit of his review is fucking hilarious.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it but god damn I've heard that the Battle Royale bit of his review is fucking hilarious.
    It's so good dude, I was giggling.

If you're a Corny fan, definitely worth checking it out mate.

"LET ME IN.."

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    It's so good dude, I was giggling.

If you're a Corny fan, definitely worth checking it out mate.
    Aside from that, if you ignore AEW fanboys or Anti-Cornette Stans, his review apparently was very good and brought up a lot of good points, from what I've heard. My favorite is the fact people think he's, "complaining about these new era matches" when his favorite match was Dustin/Cody.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

If you listen to it, he's actually trying to help, he just does it in a harsh way at times. He definitely cuts to the chase when telling you his feelings. He'll never like Omega, but his comments about how AEW already thinks everyone knows who everyone is...is right on the money.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Aside from that, if you ignore AEW fanboys or Anti-Cornette Stans, his review apparently was very good and brought up a lot of good points, from what I've heard. My favorite is the fact people think he's, "complaining about these new era matches" when his favorite match was Dustin/Cody.
    I have to agree, dude. I thought he raised so many good points and his assessment was mostly spot on for me.

People just lose their shit because he's not an Omega or Young Bucks fan Haha! So to them- he hates wrestling or modern day wrestling. And at the same time, he's putting over how good MJF was and he's more "modern" then any of the Elite it could be argued Haha!

But yeah, had me in stitches at time and I agreed with so much. I think off the top of my head- the only thing I didn't agree on was the Lucha Bro's vs Bucks match because I absolutely loved that. But I get that style is totally preference.

"LET ME IN.."

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Huge success!!!! Congrats to them!!!

Some people thought it wouldnt do well with the high price tag in a 10.00 a ppv model era. Those people were wrong
    Is it really a 10.00 ppv model era? WWE just has the luxury of doing so because TV networks would air them regardless if they follow their PPV agenda or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Is it really a 10.00 ppv model era? WWE just has the luxury of doing so because TV networks would air them regardless if they follow their PPV agenda or not.
    It is a $10 era. Every PPV or streaming service is compared to the WWE Network's monthly price of $9.99. Convincing people to pay five months' worth of the WWE Network for a single show is admittedly a big deal.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It makes me wonder what the real number would have been for All In had it only been offered on PPV and not included in ROH Honor Club or New Japan World.

For comparison sake, TNA's biggest buyrate were just 60,000. WWE's terrible buyrate for December to Dismember was 90,000, so DON isn't in WWE's league, but it's fantastic for a non-WWE wrestling company.

Granted, the real test for AEW will be if they can keep this interest going with regular shows and TV, but man this really makes TNA and ROH look weak in comparison. Both are companies going for 15+ years with established fanbases and various degrees of star power over the years and AEW outdid them with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Granted, the real test for AEW will be if they can keep this interest going with regular shows and TV, but man this really makes TNA and ROH look weak in comparison. Both are companies going for 15+ years with established fanbases and various degrees of star power over the years and AEW outdid them with ease.
    Oh for sure. TNA especially looks awful with this due to the sheer star power they often had. That 60,000 they got once wasn't even close to the norm. Even when Hulk f'n Hogan came into the company in 2010, their regular ppvs were just drawing a mere 15,000.

Ole!

Status

TNA probably could've done higher rates in the past had they had the coverage AEW has had, don't think theres ever been a TNA PPV offered in the UK ever for a price, i know we've had them but on a delay for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    TNA probably could've done higher rates in the past had they had the coverage AEW has had, don't think theres ever been a TNA PPV offered in the UK ever for a price, i know we've had them but on a delay for free.
    The coverage AEW had? TNA had a weekly show shown on a major cable channel for years!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information