13. Robbie Eagles
    14. Jonathan Gresham
    15. El Bandido
    16. Rocky Romero
    17. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    18. Marty Scurll
    19. Titán
    20. Tiger Mask IV

So all that buildup for Ospreay just to be put in the Juniors again and a feud with Phantasmo..?

If I were booking this Shingo would run through everyone with no losses and win the title afterwards. Let's see how the blocks play out. Great outsiders with Gresham, Titán, and Bandido. Unfortunately we also get Scurll who showed what he was worth last year in this same tournament.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XVI

I have no idea why they are carrying on with this X stuff even after today's reveal when everyone knows it's Phantasmo.

Not in favour of it going from 16 to 20 competitors. Keep Ospreay as a heavyweight and take Rocky, TAKA and Tiger Mask out of this as those three have ZERO chance of winning or having important matches. I feel like Ospreay has only slotted back into this because they got too ambitious with running the Sumo Hall for the final but have no stars in this division to draw against Shingo without Ospreay, Hiromu and KUSHIDA.

Gresham, Titan and Bandido are really solid talents to come into the field. I don't like Phantasmo but he won't stink up the joint. Can't look past a Shingo/Ospreay final if those two are split up

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I don't think it matters too much from an importance standpoint since it'll really just mean a few padded wins for these guys. I do wish they'd trim some of the fat from a workrate perspective. Kanemaru, Scurll, BUSHI, & Phantasmo could all get dropped & we'd all probably be better off.

I'm not fully buying Ospreay as a draw in Japan either. I think his usage this year has been VERY interesting & not what I expected. I wonder if his Ibushi/White/Okada matches, maybe his attitude, I don't know, gave someone pause because it's been a really sharp turn for the worse these last two months for him in Japan & he comes across pretty cold ATM. That said, I do expect him in the final at face value.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I don't think it matters too much from an importance standpoint since it'll really just mean a few padded wins for these guys. I do wish they'd trim some of the fat from a workrate perspective. Kanemaru, Scurll, BUSHI, & Phantasmo could all get dropped & we'd all probably be better off.
    I was trying to keep it realistic with who you could cut from an importance POV (Rocky and TAKA being more hype men these days for example), but god yes I'd be happy to see the back of BUSHI and Kanemaru having ** specials in this tournament.

I'm not fully buying Ospreay as a draw in Japan either. I think his usage this year has been VERY interesting & not what I expected. I wonder if his Ibushi/White/Okada matches, maybe his attitude, I don't know, gave someone pause because it's been a really sharp turn for the worse these last two months for him in Japan & he comes across pretty cold ATM. That said, I do expect him in the final at face value.
    Even if you don't think he's that big a deal in Japan, NJPW have lost the two biggest stars of their Junior division to WWE and injury and yet are embarking on their most ambitious Jr tour in years. You'd rather have Ospreay in this to bump up the star power and main event shows than not have him. Of course if the company was more proactive in treating this division better they wouldn't have such a huge hole when a couple of people leave the division.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I don't think it'll matter who is in the finals, barring Flip Gordon vs Kanemaru. in terms of drawing. They'll get a good house regardless, in my opinion because it's New Japan. But with that being said, a big main event is needed for Sumo Hall.

Guys like Gresham and Bandido being in the tournament is really exciting. This will be a test of Robbie Eagles' abilities as his run has been unremarkable at best so far, but he will now be in singles matches so that should allow him to show off what he can do. El Phantasmo is someone who I know of, but never watched so that dynamic is going to be different from me and the Japanese crowd.

Ospreay being in the BOSJ isn't a surprised. He was presented as a Jr throughout his New Japan Cup run and whilst he was the NEVER Openweight Champion. I expect him to be in the finals too, or at least close like he was last year. Either him or Sho will be my picks for the finals. Sho vs Shingo has been built up for months. No way is that not happening in some shape or form.

I think the whole tournament looks pretty great overall. Ton of good matches to be had with new match ups and feuds going in.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Nah I agree, Ed. That's how they were thinking. It'll be interesting to see how it works. It's a good test for Ospreay but they didn't show him much faith as of yet. I think he at least has interesting fresh matches in this.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    This will be a test of Robbie Eagles' abilities as his run has been unremarkable at best so far, but he will now be in singles matches so that should allow him to show off what he can do.
    I've never been hot on Eagles either, but I just watched Eagles Vs Gresham over the weekend from PWG and that was really good so hopefully they're in the same block again.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

BEST OF THE SUPER JUNIORS

A BLOCK:
    Tiger Mask
    TAKA
    Titán
    Kanemaru
    Scurll
    Gresham
    Dragon Lee
    Ishimori
    Shingo
    SHO

B BLOCK:
    Rocky
    Eagles
    Flip
    Desperado
    Bandido
    ELP
    Ospreay
    BUSHI
    Taguchi
    YOH

—-

there are going to be some dry nights in block B. Block A is really top heavy and has Gresham and Titan as the freelancers I’m the most into.

Cant look past Ospreay winning block b to get in the final, and then I guess Shingo makes the most sense to meet him there and beat him for the BOSJ.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

At the thought of Will winning B Block. Loving A Block some of my favorite Juniors going on can't wait who survives that and faces maybe their not ready Ospreay.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

B-Block is the weaker of the two but if ELP and Eagles have good tournaments, it doesn't look all that bad. You'll no doubt have that great Taguchi match, and the addition of Bandido will no doubt be an undercard high light.

A Block is staked though. Gresham vs Ishimori stands out as does Shingo vs Sho, Shingo vs Dragon Lee, Titán vs anyone.
    Last edited by MC 16; 05-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I think both blocks look great if we get a non rusted Flip and a Robbie/ELP/BUSHI/Yoh that step their game up, but yeah block A is definitely tastier.

Couldn’t tell you who wins the A block but Ospreay is a safe bet for the B block. Sho? Shingo? Dragon Lee? Maybe Scurll?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Taguchi has been watching a bit too much of 2013 BxB Hulk with his new look. I don't think it'll be anything long term but it's something to look out for in B Block.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

We have two new additions to the BOSJ. El Desperado and Flip Gordon are in able to compete due to injury and visa issues, so they will be replaced by the debuting DOUKI and Ren Narita (!!!!)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I can't believe NJPW gave Douki of all people the call. Like literally flabbergasted. Am really happy for Narita.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I've never heard of DOUKI myself. I take it that he is bad. In any case, I think he will be a non factor in the BOSJ.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

Losing despy is a blow, but Flip didn’t interest me at all. So happy for Narita, he’ll do great.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

It's not that Douki is bad per se, he's just totally random, worked mostly exclusively on low tier Méxican Indies. I can only imagine Desperado personally advocated for him as his replacement since Douki worked out with a lot of the Japanese guys that come there.

One time the Méxican media used his picture for Zeus when he came to México for Dragonmania.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

First day was okay. Titan vs Kanemaru and Scurll vs Gresham weren't anything to write home about but Shingo vs Sho was fantastic and Ishimori vs Lee was very good.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

Didn't watch TAKA/Tiger Mask cause.......it's Tiger Mask.

I kinda liked Titan/Kanemaru but it was definitely a bit slow and hesitant in places, especially the finish. Cool finisher by Titan though, nice to see him pick up a win. There will be better nights for him.

For a Scurll match, I thought Gresham did well against him. Nice execution style match, BUT, I do not want 8 more matches like that from Gresh when he's just going for quick pins and look how I can out do you technically. At some point I want to see some fire out of him against the big names in this block.

Sho/Shingo was A M A Z I N G, one of the best New Japan matches of the year and thank god I didn't watch that with a spoiled result because I started to believe Sho was gonna tap him out the second time he got into the armbar. Sho put in the performance he needed to have with the new look and new music against his big rival, he's a star who unfortunately will probably end up waiting much long to win the Jr title than he should because of the big names in this division standing in his way. This really should of main evented, Ishimori/Lee is a big match too but you can do it another night, it was so hard for it to follow this.

Ishimori/Lee was good once they moved away from doing Ishii Vs Goto NEVER title tribute spots of trading forearms to start. Still it didn't turn into anything that great, preferred the recent title match.

Highest recommendation for Sho/Shingo, nothing else is must see.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Tiger's historically overachieved in BOSJ and the opener was a good match. Not super great but better than Titán/Kanemaru because Kanemaru is arguably the worst worker on the roster. Titán will get his chance later on.

I liked Scurll/Gresham somewhat, I appreciated the attempt to do something a little different. If what Ed fears comes to pass then I might disagree but for one match I thought it was a great way to have a good match with a less than ideal opponent.

SHO/Shingo was a perfect example of building up a feud perfectly and then having it pay off with both men delivering the exact performances they needed to have. I completely agree with the above posts from you guys because it was a standout match, I think the only thing that would have made it better is if this was the last match of the Block because everyone was believing in SHO that he could overcome this bigger and stronger rival. Excellent performance all around. Ll and certainly one of the best matches of the year.

I liked that they started with the NEVER style forearm exchange because it made it different than the first match they just had, and it was never gonna be able to beat it on it's own. The first match was definitely better but I appreciated the attempt to make each match different when they could have just done the same stuff (like Okada and SANADA always do)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information