Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Most Improved of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2019 Most Improved of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Hey EC it’s all good man I still love you. And tbh it’s better than saying “smarks”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    <3

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I wouldn't use "IWC" either but I feel like there needs to be some kind of term for what we forum lurkers are.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I mean, I do think there's a difference between working nothing but a bunch of live shows and being on a Network with thousands of subscribers. I'm probably public enemy #1 to DDT fans but I don't think it's fair to say he's more buzzworthy now than then, just talked about in different circles. And I get saying he's most improved to you since you didn't watch him, but I feel like if you did watch his matches before you might not feel he's really improved, he was just in a bad promotion, which isn't the same thing to me compared to someone like Naoya who nobody thought had main event upside for years and suddenly in 2019 has become essentially the golden child of a company and arguably the #2 commodity.
    Admittedly the Buddy-Irie comparison isn't great because no-one was watching Buddy in 2017 other than Largo attendees, but I'm going for them both stepping up into bigger opportunities with a wider net of fans to watch their work that they've probably been capable of for a while now, and I do believe Irie switching from DDT in Japan to being all over Europe and making it to the US this month counts as that.

I think he's definitely more buzzworthy than last year though because I don't recall much positive talk about him last year. When people spoke of what they love about DDT, it wasn't Irie's name that was ever hyped as someone you need to check out, he wasn't getting the level of attention of harashima, endo, takashita, speedball, strong hearts etc. Case in point, Irie was 344th on the 2018 WDKW100 countdown and only made 2 ballots out of (i think) 73 voters made up of all sorts of different tastes and viewing habits in wrestling; I suspect that will dramatically increase this year.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Anyone down for the Street Profits in this? I was starting to loathe their act last year, but this year I’ve really enjoyed their match with Moustache Mountain and their matches with Viking Raiders. I also very much enjoyed them last night. I think they’ve improved greatly and now the true test is in their tag title reign. As long as they’re not handcuffed to the Forgotten Sons, they should be good.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Anyone down for the Street Profits in this? I was starting to loathe their act last year, but this year I’ve really enjoyed their match with Moustache Mountain and their matches with Viking Raiders. I also very much enjoyed them last night. I think they’ve improved greatly and now the true test is in their tag title reign. As long as they’re not handcuffed to the Forgotten Sons, they should be good.
    They are a good shout Ford has a beautiful frog splash.

PCO is someone who wont get a lot of love but my god this guy has a resurgance at 50 years old

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Is PCO actually good though? I haven't watched much of him, so I legitimately don't know, but the impression I get is he's an insane old man willing to take retarded bumps and been lucky to survive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Is PCO actually good though? I haven't watched much of him, so I legitimately don't know, but the impression I get is he's an insane old man willing to take retarded bumps and been lucky to survive so far.
    I think hes pretty decent I mean hes good enough to be paired with Marty and he just had a World Title Shot. PCO wont win I just want to give him a nod.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I like PCO but there isn’t much of a difference between 2018 PCO and 2019 PCO.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

PCO would be a comeback if we had one of those awards. But the profits are a hell of a shout. I’m insanely impressed with them.

Hail To The King

Status

Street Profits are good but Ford is the better of the two I think hes got chrisma he can go and is over

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Dominic Garrini has improved a ton since last year. He was pretty good last year in his EVOLVE appearances but now he is one of my favourites to watch on the Indie nowadays. Whether it's in singles or in his Violence Is Forever team with Kevin Ku, he has the standout performance in the match and the show.

Hail To The King

Status

Chad Gable is def worth adding after the match on SD last night.

Anyone think Cody can be added to shortlist or even Page?

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Chad Gable is def worth adding after the match on SD last night.

Anyone think Cody can be added to shortlist or even Page?
    Chad Gable has always been awesome.

Status

Yeah, I would really only consider Gable if he gets a big sustained push and starts cutting some good promos. Right now he's pretty much just doing what he's always done, which is being a great wrestler.

Cody though, that might be a good shout. He's had a lot of critics post-WWE but he's been making a standout in AEW, having only good matches and interesting feuds. If he continues to hit it out of the park come TV time, he'll be a contender.

Relentless Admin

Status

Cody i could really get behind given how unenjoyable he was last year.

Jobber

Status

Now do bare these things in mind if I ever come and make suggestions for end of year awards.

1 - I only really know stuff going down in WWE so cant comment really on other stuff.
    2 - I pay more attention to womens wrestling as I have been demanding a revolution since the attitude era, so although I watch mens matches I dont pay as much attention to growth.

That being said I think Dana Brooke has grown quite a bit this year. She went from obscurity to being able to get over by being the plucky underdog. I just wish they didnt drop the ball with her. She would have been the perfect candidate for Miss MITB. But i guess the 4 horsewomen still run the show.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Not sure if I'd go with Cody myself. The Juice match was horrible. And I didn't care for his Darby, Spears or Bucks tag match performances. Then again, he has the Dustin which is better than anything he has ever done.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Not sure if I'd go with Cody myself. The Juice match was horrible. And I didn't care for his Darby, Spears or Bucks tag match performances. Then again, he has the Dustin which is better than anything he has ever done.
    I liked Cody vs. all of them except maybe Spears match which I agree wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough to take him out of the running

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Cody is the only guy I can think of. He's been delivering to a high enough consistent level to where I have no issue with him giving himself an AEW World Title shot. Like he's clearly one of the best talents in AEW and you cant ignore that just because he's got power in the company.

I've always been a fan of his, but never really saw him as a Main Event guy, more an upper midcard-Main Event level guy but he's really developed into a Main Event calibre Pro Wrestler. I will say he's helped by the fact that what passes for Main Event in 2019 is mostly underwhelming, in my opinion.

Hail To The King

Status

Erick Rowan... I know the crowd wasn't into the match but, I thought he came off very well in his match tonight. He looked good and the Claw Slam looks nasty as compared to other years with Rowan he has improved all around. I am just gonna put him on my shortlist

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information