Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Worst Feud of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 2019 Worst Feud of the Year Ongoing Discussion

I think what saves Cole/Gargano from that for me is that it's just a collection of 3 matches that others love but I am much much lower on, and in that regard it's almost exactly like the Naito/Ibushi trilogy of matches this year which I have no desire to ever watch again. From a TV build perspective, the Cole and Gargano feud has been a perfectly acceptable story with ok promos, and I can't say that the feud has hurt either man because Gargano was ruined by his booking in 2018.

Something like Becky Vs Charlotte Vs Ronda where there was bad booking, and bad TV segments and bad promos and bad PPV matches is more in line with what I believe this award to be for. As Sophie would say 'they all lost overness from the segment' in every segment.

Roman Reigns Vs Shane McMahon would be up there for me too.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Ziggler vs Kingston is a candidate for me because it was forgetable, it took away some of the excitement for Kofi's first big title run, and Ziggler was never a believable challenger/threat in the first place.

#WC4Horsemen

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Every Rollins feud in 2019 and every Becky feud in 2019 except Sasha.

Miz vs Shane McMahon ranks for me as the worst feud of the last decade though. It did nothing positive for The Miz, it just hurt The Miz. Granted he was pretty aimless before the Shane feud, but the Shane feud looked to me like the closest thing we've had to a burial feud in a while. The babyface was betrayed, his family were assaulted, yet he never gt a single victory over Shane, just jobbed to him three times without ever getting any kind of "revenge or payback" before happily stepping aside so Roman, Undertaker and Owens can go after Shane instead. Just made him look like a gigantic geek who cant even beat the guy that loses to everyone else, even Chad Gable.
    Last edited by ETE; 09-14-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Can't imagine thinking Lesnar vs. Rollins was one of the worst feuds of the year with the two matches they had and the great Lesnar mauling Rollins segment, but that's just me.

I'm starting to lean towards Regins vs. McMahon more than anything else.

Hail To The King

Status

I agree Rollins vs. Brock was ehhhh I just seen it like a bunch how many times do we got to see Brock and Seth do the same thing without anything going forward. Plus this feud also meant Brock winning MITB which I despised

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Can't imagine thinking Lesnar vs. Rollins was one of the worst feuds of the year with the two matches they had and the great Lesnar mauling Rollins segment, but that's just me.

I'm starting to lean towards Regins vs. McMahon more than anything else.
    I thought it was really poor all around. The first half of the feud was built around low blows, and when Rollins beat Lesnar at WM it was actually anticlimactic with how short it was and the finish to it meant Rollins didn't feel like he'd actually Slayed the Beast, hence why they had to redo it at SummerSlam. And that second match just exposed how garbage tier a Pro Wrestler Seth is, and played right into one of the massive issues with Pro Wrestling today. In that workrate equals doing a bunch of spots and nothing else. I dont know how anyone can think a match where the babyface has suffered a few beat downs and has injured ribs but flys around the ring busting out suicide dives galore and frog splashes is a good match. It was a complete absence of anything good in my opinion, and just the typical "have to get all my spots in screw selling anything or displaying any ring psychology" Rollins match.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I thought it was really poor all around. The first half of the feud was built around low blows, and when Rollins beat Lesnar at WM it was actually anticlimactic with how short it was and the finish to it meant Rollins didn't feel like he'd actually Slayed the Beast, hence why they had to redo it at SummerSlam. And that second match just exposed how garbage tier a Pro Wrestler Seth is, and played right into one of the massive issues with Pro Wrestling today. In that workrate equals doing a bunch of spots and nothing else. I dont know how anyone can think a match where the babyface has suffered a few beat downs and has injured ribs but flys around the ring busting out suicide dives galore and frog splashes is a good match. It was a complete absence of anything good in my opinion, and just the typical "have to get all my spots in screw selling anything or displaying any ring psychology" Rollins match.
    You coulda just said you hate Rollins and kept it moving.

How on Earth was their Mania match anticlimactic? The crowd ate that shit up. It was exciting. Huge match to start the show and it did exactly what it was meant to do, all aside from the shady finish which would be my only complaint about it.

And as for not selling or showing psychology in the SummerSlam match, I fully disagree. In fact I'll say the match had excellent psychology. First of all, it would be goofy for Rollins to try to grapple with or try to impose his will on Lesnar so the use of quick strikes and high impact offense makes perfect sense. Second, he's wounded, wrestling with busted up ribs. He knows that the longer things go, the lower his chances. Therefore it also makes perfect sense for him to go for the stomp early and often. And when he got the opportunity to hit the frog splash through the table, of course he would take it. That's a match ending move in most cases. With what was at stake, it's totally reasonable to risk further injury to try to end things with a high risk move. I think his strategy made total sense and any other approach would have actually been lacking psychology. As for selling, give me a break. Selling isn't Seth's forte (by a long shot) but he spent probably 80% of the match clutching his ribs and writhing in pain. And let's be real: it's just bad ribs. It's a painful injury but it's never been debilitating to professional athletes. You can still move around just fine with bad ribs. Ffs we've seen MMA fighters fight through broken ribs, and even dislocated or broken arms which is way more severe than what Seth was dealing with.

So spare with me all that. The bottom line is you just don't like the guy or his spots. And that's fine if that's how you feel. I have no issue conceding that most of Seth's matches are spotfests with bad selling but in this case I think you're using that narrative to prop up a bs argument.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Miz vs Shane is up there for me! I was so over seeing Shane in feuds and I've never liked the Miz really, less so as a Face. I can normally appreciate and enjoy him as a Heel promo but when the bell sounds I just get no enjoyment from watching him in the ring.

"LET ME IN.."

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Think Shane vs Reigns is up there. It really felt like it went nowhere, no one moved in terms of their position, in fact it seems Drew has went down the card since, piss poor waste of time tbh

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    You coulda just said you hate Rollins and kept it moving.

How on Earth was their Mania match anticlimactic? The crowd ate that shit up. It was exciting. Huge match to start the show and it did exactly what it was meant to do, all aside from the shady finish which would be my only complaint about it.

And as for not selling or showing psychology in the SummerSlam match, I fully disagree. In fact I'll say the match had excellent psychology. First of all, it would be goofy for Rollins to try to grapple with or try to impose his will on Lesnar so the use of quick strikes and high impact offense makes perfect sense. Second, he's wounded, wrestling with busted up ribs. He knows that the longer things go, the lower his chances. Therefore it also makes perfect sense for him to go for the stomp early and often. And when he got the opportunity to hit the frog splash through the table, of course he would take it. That's a match ending move in most cases. With what was at stake, it's totally reasonable to risk further injury to try to end things with a high risk move. I think his strategy made total sense and any other approach would have actually been lacking psychology. As for selling, give me a break. Selling isn't Seth's forte (by a long shot) but he spent probably 80% of the match clutching his ribs and writhing in pain. And let's be real: it's just bad ribs. It's a painful injury but it's never been debilitating to professional athletes. You can still move around just fine with bad ribs. Ffs we've seen MMA fighters fight through broken ribs, and even dislocated or broken arms which is way more severe than what Seth was dealing with.

So spare with me all that. The bottom line is you just don't like the guy or his spots. And that's fine if that's how you feel. I have no issue conceding that most of Seth's matches are spotfests with bad selling but in this case I think you're using that narrative to prop up a bs argument.
    But why when I genuinely thought it was a terrible feud, yes Rollins is complete garbage and a horrible Professional Wrestler but this feud was horrible as well regardless.

The shady finish was why I said it was anticlimactic, they had to redo the match just because it didn't actually make Rollins look like he slayed the Beast.

Selling isn't just going "ouch my ribs". If the whole feud is Brock smashing Seth and Seth coming into the match injured its ridiculous to have him just ignore it and fly around the ring like he's fine. But thats Rollins and modern day Pro Wrestling; no sell ev everything and get your spots in, and people eat it up.

Professional athletes don't use their injured ribs to literally attack their opponent by jumping on them off tall things though.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    But why when I genuinely thought it was a terrible feud, yes Rollins is complete garbage and a horrible Professional Wrestler but this feud was horrible as well regardless.

The shady finish was why I said it was anticlimactic, they had to redo the match just because it didn't actually make Rollins look like he slayed the Beast.

Selling isn't just going "ouch my ribs". If the whole feud is Brock smashing Seth and Seth coming into the match injured its ridiculous to have him just ignore it and fly around the ring like he's fine. But thats Rollins and modern day Pro Wrestling; no sell ev everything and get your spots in, and people eat it up.

Professional athletes don't use their injured ribs to literally attack their opponent by jumping on them off tall things though.
    I got to disagree here tbh I think Rollins is a decent enough wrestler but I think its time for him to move on from the babyface role I really think Braun should of won to set up fiend vs monster hitc.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information