Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - April 17, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - April 17, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    April 17, 2019

All or nothing for Kairi Sane in final NXT Women's Championship match

New SmackDown LIVE Superstar Kairi Sane will vie for Shayna Baszler’s NXT Women’s Championship tonight on NXT, but the grand opportunity comes with a catch: If The Pirate Princess fails to dethrone her longtime rival, Sane won’t receive another crack at the NXT Women’s Title Match. Ever. Period.

To say the stakes are high would be a severe understatement. A victory against the meanspirited Baszler would go a long way in settling the score with The Queen of Spades, not to mention, add another accolade to Sane’s résumé. A loss, however, would dash The Pirate Princess’ dreams of ever becoming a two-time NXT Women’s Champion. Considering how unsuccessful Sane has been in her multiple recent opportunities against Baszler, the predicament is risky.

Baszler, who contends she hasn’t been shown enough respect, remains confident heading into the match, recently tweeting that she will prevail and not only spare Sane “from many more beatings,” but end the “favoritism” that The Pirate Princess has been shown.

Will NXT soon have a new Women’s Champion, or will Kairi Sane’s days as a contender come to an end? Find out when NXT streams on WWE Network tonight at 8/7 C.

Velveteen Dream defends North American Championship against Buddy Murphy

Buddy Murphy lost the Cruiserweight Championship to Tony Nese at WrestleMania, but The Unstoppable’s waist might not be bare for much longer, as he will challenge NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream on NXT.

The title duel comes on the heels of Velveteen Dream taunting Murphy over his loss at The Show of Shows. In a pair of videos posted to Twitter, The Dream openly mocked the 205 Live Superstar for his defeat, chalking it up as the “biggest L of WrestleMania Weekend.”

As if winning the North American crown wasn’t already motivation enough, Dream’s comments give Murphy even more reason to come out swinging. Conversely, it could all be part of Dream’s mind games; might Murphy play right into the sartorial Superstar’s hands?

Don’t miss two of WWE’s top show-stealers when they square off for the NXT North American crown, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Johnny Champion will be in action

With his dream of winning the NXT Title finally fulfilled at TakeOver: New York, Johnny Gargano is set to return to Full Sail Live tonight with his new championship in hand.

Hear what Johnny Wrestling … nay, Johnny TakeOver … nay, Johnny CHAMPION will say about his milestone victory against Adam Cole and the road ahead when he addresses the NXT Universe live on WWE Network

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - April 17, 2019

Stacked show really. Dream Vs Buddy sounds very good and the Kairi has been Shayna's best opponent.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Hopefully the match turns out of be just as great as their other matches. Result is obviously but it's gonna be a good send of for Sane.

Murphy vs Dream is sure to be a stellar match. Can't wait for that.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Murphy vs Dream

And Kairi's possible last Match on NXT vs Shayna

Kairi is going to have hopefully a wonderful Match with Shayna, that hopefully Shayna doesn't need her Goons to win and retain, but beggars can't be choosers.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

Buddy vs. Dream delivered. Dijakovic would benefit greatly from a mouthpiece to do his talking for him. Gargano vs. Strong next week sounds like it could be killer.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Buddy vs. Dream delivered. Dijakovic would benefit greatly from a mouthpiece to do his talking for him. Gargano vs. Strong next week sounds like it could be killer.
    Did you doubt it two of the best in wwe rn going one on one Buddy Murphy could eaisly be on his way to main event scene in sdl

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Dream vs Murphy was good but dragged badly by the end. Not sure why they went that long but it took away slightly. Kairi vs Baszler was awesome for what it was. Baszler being a bully >>>>. Zoned out on the Gargano stuff. The crowd was interesting though. You would think the crowd would be fully behind Gargano at this point but when the usual "You deserve it" chants popped up, it was met with "No you don't" chants. Funny that. Overall a good episode.

Maybe Strong can get something out of Gargano next week. We'll see. Io Shirai vs Shayna Baszler seems like the next direction they are going with and I'm perfectly fine with that.

The Planet's Admin

Status

I thought buddy/dream was very good and didn’t drag, but I did roll my eyes at dream being exhausted and on the ropes right at the end and then jumping up and hitting his winning combo of three moves and climbing to the top rope fairly quickly.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

If I had to make my Match of the Month it would be a true tough one to choose between Murphy vs Nese on 205 Live from last week vs Murphy vs Dream from NXT this week. A great Match between the two, and I didn't mind Dream going into his comeback mode, he's the youthful talent he's going to have more in the tank and these guys were so spent, even giving a ounce of air to the other would mean the difference and you saw it in this Match. I know one thing Dream just found out you never call out Buddy Murphy again or you'll be a former NXT North American Champion.

I don't know how to feel with the Gargano/Cole Segment because I like them both, not love them like I do someone like Dream. Funny Segment, but it seems Triple H's boy might go two ways either winning the NXT World Title or possibly feuding with Strong when eventually they kick him outta the group Stinger style.

Dijakovic did he just do a Ultimate Warrior promo or what? I couldn't understand one damn thing he said out there.

A good Match ending one feud to set up another with Kairi to Io. I know one thing WWE nearly had me in tears, I told you guys before you're going to feel for Kairi. You believe she's in pain and I felt for her during Shayna's mugging of her. One thing you should never do though is piss off Io Shirai and Baszler woke up a Monster.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Thread Information