Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: World Wrestling Entertainment | 2019 & Beyond

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: World Wrestling Entertainment | 2019 & Beyond

THE TAKEOVER: XXV PREDICTION CONTEST

NXT Championship Match
    Johnny Gargano © defends against Sami Zayn
    Johnny Wrestling wins for a big name scalp in his title reign. Sami’s been fun on NXT but I don’t think he’s sticking around.

WWE Women's Tag Team Championships Match
    The Boss and Hug Connection © defend against The Sky Pirates
    I don’t think they break up yet.

NXT North American Championship Match
    The Velveteen Dream © defend against Tyler Breeze (w/ Brandi Lauren)
    Just can’t see Breeze winning but you always tend to book him well, so I know you’re a fan.

NXT UK Women's Championship Match
    Toni Storm © defends against Bianca Belair
    Please do it.

NXT Tag Team Championships Match
    The War Raiders © defend against The Street Profits
    By DQ or countout or some shit.

Singles Match
    Adam Cole vs. Keith Lee
    I’m just tired of TUE at this point. Not that you haven’t booked that well, but I mean even in real life, just tired of them.

---

QUESTIONS:
    1. Predict the winners of each match (1 point for each correct choice)
    2. Predict the order of each match (1 point for each correctly placed match - you have a freebie in the main event)
    3. What will be the shortest match of the night? (1 point) Shortest match will be tag title match.
    4. What will be the longest match of the night? (1 point) Main Event.
    5. Will there be any surprise appearances? (1 point for each correctly chosen superstar; Crowd shots do not count) No
    6. Who will make and take the fall in the NXT Tag Team Titles Match? (Ex., Angelo Dawkins pins Hanson; Max of 2 points) Nobody.
    7. Who will make and take the fall in the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles Match? (Ex., Io Shirai pins Bayley; Max of 2 points) Sasha pins Shirai
    8. What will be named as the BEST TakeOver match of all time? (1 point) Don’t know NXT well enough to answer, tbh.

BAYLEY DOS STRAPS

Status

BREAKING: SEVERAL WWE SUPERSTARS SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY, JACK GALLAGHER FIRED

In light of insidious allegations of sexual abuse, harassment and the like made towards several members of the roster, Fightful.com can report that the following wrestlers have been suspended indefinitely:

• Joe Coffey
    • Jordan Devlin
    • Ligero
    • Matt Riddle
    • Travis Banks
    • The Velveteen Dream
    • Wolfgang

In addition to that, PWInsider.com can confirm that Jack Gallagher has been fired by the company.

The wrestlers who have been suspended are likely set to take legal action. WWE opted to suspend them indefinitely due in part to the fact that they are internally investigating the situations and do not want any of them on TV while these processes play themselves out. We're told that Gallagher, real name Oliver Claffey, was fired because he informed WWE that the allegations were accurate and that he owned up to them.

We're also told that WWE will likely make a statement on the matter shortly.

---

VELVETEEN DREAM STRIPPED OF NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP, MATCH AT TAKEOVER: XXV CANCELLED

Due to the indefinite suspension of The Velveteen Dream, the NXT North American Championship has been vacated.

In addition to that, the scheduled match between Tyler Breeze vs. The Velveteen Dream at TakeOver: XXV has now been cancelled.

Breeze will still be competing at TakeOver: XXV against a replacement opponent, who will be revealed at the event.

Furthermore, the state of the NXT North American Championship will be announced on this coming week's episode of NXT on the WWE Network.

---

So, yeah. A big whole mess has happened IRL, and I just do not feel comfortable working with the wrestlers that have had accusations levied upon them. I've been going back and forth with all this for a little while now as I've indicated, and I've decided to just stick with this decision for the foreseeable future until these situations clear themselves up.

I will not lie, there's a chance that none of these dudes get used again in this thread. I'm not going to frown upon anyone who goes in opposite directions, but this is how I'm going to be operating here going forward.

TakeOver will be done when it is done. As far as the prediction contest goes, everyone will get a one (1) free point for the Breeze-Dream match, as it's been thrown out entirely. I won't have a guessing game for that match. In fact, it's probably pretty obvious who I will use for that one.

Be well, everyone.
    Last edited by Hug Life; 06-20-2020 at 02:47 PM.

(GIF Credit: Baysexuality on Tumblr)

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

This decision makes sense considering the stuff you were saying in the disc thread earlier. I'm curious to see how you reshape things since a fair few of these guys had prominent roles in the BTB.

Silver lining could be that Tyler Breeze maybe gets a victory at Takeover now? I'm hoping so. You know I'll be reading the show whenever you get it up.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Presenting…

THE TAKEOVER: XXV PREDICTION CONTEST

6. NXT Championship Match
    Johnny Gargano © defends against Sami Zayn

3. WWE Women's Tag Team Championships Match
    The Boss and Hug Connection © defend against The Sky Pirates

1.NXT North American Championship Match
    The Velveteen Dream © defend against Tyler Breeze (w/ Brandi Lauren)

2.NXT UK Women's Championship Match
    Toni Storm © defends against Bianca Belair

4. NXT Tag Team Championships Match
    The War Raiders © defend against The Street Profits

5. Singles Match
    Adam Cole vs. Keith Lee

---

QUESTIONS:
    1. Predict the winners of each match (1 point for each correct choice)
    2. Predict the order of each match (1 point for each correctly placed match - you have a freebie in the main event)
    3. What will be the shortest match of the night? (1 point) NA Title
    4. What will be the longest match of the night? (1 point) Gargano/Zayn
    5. Will there be any surprise appearances? (1 point for each correctly chosen superstar; Crowd shots do not count)
    Rhea Ripley
    6. Who will make and take the fall in the NXT Tag Team Titles Match? Ford pins Rowe
    7. Who will make and take the fall in the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles Match? IO pins Banks
    8. What will be named as the BEST TakeOver match of all time? (1 point)

Ciampa/Gargano Takeover NO

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information