Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: 2019 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    The hate Corbin gets from you guys is crazy.
    They’re not thinking about the heat. Have they thought about the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    For sure there is some merit to what you're saying but that "bias", to whatever extent it exists, isn't impossible to overcome. Some of this forum's favorite wrestlers are WWE homegrowns. Velveteen Dream, Kofi Kingston, Chad Gable, Big E, The Usos, The Revival, Alexa Bliss, The Miz and even Braun Strowman at one point. All highly favored on this board. The only thing that sets them apart from Corbin is that they won people over. And for Corbin, I would say that he is all the things you said he he is. He's a good talent. If anything, it's his booking that makes him less enjoyable to me. And I wish he'd change his ring attire.
    Yeah these guys can win the fans over. Braun had to destroy Roman who every despises to get there, and it took The Miz about 13 years for most fans to even acknowledge that he was even worthy of being a pretend fighter, but they can get there. Its not an easy road.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    you couldn't name one good Corbin match this year
    I already did; the triple threat with Miz and McIntyre and the match with Styles. How many quality matches can he honestly deliver though when most of the year he's worked with an injured Braun, a near immobile Angle, and the dumb finishes to the Rollins matches?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    If only it was hate that transferred into wanting to see a babyface kick his ass, then maybe he'd be a good heel rather than a man who reads scripts every Monday night in an ill-fitting shirt.

Even the McMahons don't think he's a good wrestler and someone who can work WWE PPV standard main events, because if they did, they'd of made him Universal Champion by now.
    As I said before though its not Corbins fault in that regard. He gets "that" heat because before he's ever done anything people have their mind made up that he's some zero talent WWE project. That bias is legit.

As for the McMahons not thinking much of him, do we actually value their opinion? By that same token guys like Samoa Joe, The Miz, Bobby Roode, etc aren't any good either.

I'm personally of the opinion that thesedays the genuinely good-great wrestlers can usually be spotted by how little the McMahons think of them. Not saying Corbin in great or anything but when you look at guys like Samoa Joe, The Miz, Bray Wyatt, Rusev, Kevin Owens, etc who are all treated like shit, then see someone as abysmal at Seth Rollins getting a monster push, the McMahons seem to prefer the worst people on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    He's been around for over 3 years on the main roster and the only defence people have for him is "he gets heat" (so did heel Michael Cole and Jinder Mahal) and mentioning the only two standout matches he's ever had (the Kallisto chairs match and the triple threat with AJ and Dolph). That is awful for someone who has constantly been put in prominent positions against some amazing talent.

He seems very awkward and uncomfortable with a mic in his hand and he's incredibly monotone. You could replace him with Viktor from the Ascension in that role and I don't think Viktor would perform any better or worse than Corbin.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    I don't know if you're playing dense or trolling with that first line, because you did address the fact that I pointed out other "defences" for Corbin. I'm pointing out more than just "he gets heat" despite your claims.

The guys delivered good matches here and there, yeah he's no five star ring general but the WWE has enough of those guys putting on meaningless matches full of spots and no selling galore.
    Last edited by ETE; 07-22-2019 at 07:44 AM.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Miz became a liked wrestler and character by 2009. In 2006 he was awful, in 2007 and 2008 he improved a lot and reaction to him and Morrison was mostly positive. I don't think many rated him unfairly through his career: a great talker, good charay, who could have serviceable matches but won't blow you away in that regard.

People were getting behind Braun as soon as the brand split restarted in 2016 because he was being booked to his strengths.

You also ignored Velveteen Dream, the Usos, the Revival, etc because it didn't feed your narrative. There's plenty of non indie guys that are loved. Just like there are plenty of former indie guys that get criticism.

Also, for a bit of perspective, people that work the independents build up a fan base that supports them so they are inevitabily going to get a head start over people you don't know. If you watch a TV show with an actor you know in it you are more likely to want to watch it than someone you've never seen before, that's common sense.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Everyone chooses to ignore Corbin’s indy run because he’s worked them so hard with his zero talent WWE project gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Mike Kanellis is universally despised and he was an ROH guy for ages. So the idea that people don't criticise people just because they came from the indies is flawed.

Corbin is okay. I'm fond of him myself but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch him. And most people would say he gets go-away heat rather than heel heat. I wouldn't vote him for this award.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

To be fair I hated as in go away heat to Mike K in tna and roh now i think pity has turned the tide on him for me

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I’m far from being Corbin’s biggest fan but I think he’s good at being an unlikable jerk. From looking like this smug dork with his attire and goober smirk, to being billed as every town’s favorite son. Him doing the EoD to Becky at Extreme Rules also got him next level heat and it made the fans want to see him get owned by Seth.

Plus, I don’t think he’s THAT bad in that ring either. He’s not going to put on five star matches but imo I believe he has improved. Another solid match of his was his match with Rollins at Super Showdown last month

I’d honestly consider him for this award. Outside of the WWE I’d consider MJF and Jay White.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Hail To The King

Status

Yea I think we can all agree MJF is a front runner even if he bashed my level 64 dwarf mage xp jk i do think hes a front runner

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

No one is beating Daniel Bryan imo at the moment. His work was incredible at the beginning of the year and he's one of the few people to get me interested in WWE's stale as fuck tag division

R.I.P. Lionheart
    17/12/1982-19/06/2019

Character Jobber

Status

Corbin may be the best heel on Raw, but there is only one BEST IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!

The CHAMPS are HERE!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information