Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Worst Tag Team of the Year Ongoing Discussion

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: 2019 Worst Tag Team of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Forgotten sons have my vote for sure. Awful team.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Can I be put on this list? Lol. During my short tenure in the biz, I was put into a tag team earlier this year with my training partner, we were named The Love 'n' Rockers, because I had a ripoff Dude Love gimmick, named Bubby Love, and my partner was "Wild" Max Thrasher. We only had one match and got squashed, and disbanded a month later because I had to quit the sport because of work commitments

Moral of that story is, tag team wrestling is something I appreciate a lot nowadays and learned a lot about. As a worker, you have your strengths and weaknesses. Some people are good at some things, other's aren't. You're always learning and training in the sport. I don't harp on wrestlers as much as I use to, because being in it made me understand the work that goes into it is hard for a lot of people to grasp.

I see a lot of votes for Forgotten Sons, but to be fair there's not really that many tag teams on NXT TV. I think the Sons are just in the wrong brand at the wrong time with UDE. There's plenty of potential there. The Dawsons are just a good old couple of mean bastards that can work a good match. I'm a sucker for most NWA wrestling now because of how simple, yet smart it is. I haven't kept up with the NWA the last few episodes but they're certainly not that bad.

Boss 'n' Hug get my vote, not because they're bad workers, but because they're just not a good team. Didn't they break up? Then rejoin? Only to eventually break up again? Sasha's pretty forgettable next too Bayley and her title. In my eyes, a good tag team are equally important to each other. There's some exceptions, but I don't see Sasha's purpose in this role.

Also the fact Anderson/Gallows won two years in a row breaks my heart!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Is it too soon for the Dark Order?!

I'd have to go with Sasha & Bayley, hated that combination and the forced "best friend" angle shit they always do. Admittedly, It's been better since they're both heels.

Another one for me and I hate to pick another female team is Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross.. Just, Awful. Both absolutely wasted together and again, it's the same forced "best friend" angle, surprise! surprise!

Underdog

Status
      Country                    United States

This award is so IIconic.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Gallows and Anderson are still stinking it up on a regular basis, while Forgotten Sons only appear like once a month at best and aren't as bad as they used to be. Which still puts the Sons at a bang-average level, but they've improved, to a point. Can't say the same for Gallows & Anderson.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

I do like the idea of the club winning again so I can rename this award after them.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by gurryman View Post
    Boss 'n' Hug get my vote, not because they're bad workers, but because they're just not a good team. Didn't they break up? Then rejoin? Only to eventually break up again? Sasha's pretty forgettable next too Bayley and her title. In my eyes, a good tag team are equally important to each other. There's some exceptions, but I don't see Sasha's purpose in this role.
    I'm of the opposite opinion, Sasha dwarfs Bayley because Sasha has so much natural swagger and charisma. She doesn't have the Title but she's easily the Star of that pairing.

The handling of Boss N Hug has been horrific though. This endlessly teased feud that they refuse to pull the trigger on makes them pretty unbearable at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information