Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 2019 Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    i think it’s a quantity issue. Bryan is having great matches but sort of on a once a month schedule and now he’s injured again. Ricochets having very good matches on almost a weekly basis (and a MOTYC with the vikings).
    I'll have to take your word on that because looking at these matches they don't look like very good matches and I don't here much buzz for them.

Will have to try and check the Roode match out though.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

2019 Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I'll have to take your word on that because looking at these matches they don't look like very good matches and I don't here much buzz for them.

Will have to try and check the Roode match out though.

So you’re judging match qualities by reading about them instead of watching them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    So you’re judging match qualities by reading about them instead of watching them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In a way, but I'm also not out-right dismissing the matches either. If the matches look great, I'll watch them. That's certainly a factor. I also take in account how much buzz they get online, which isn't a whole lot. Maybe a gif or two but that's really it. But if you lot are saying they are better then they look, I will give them a watch to see for myself.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

We're half way through the year (boy it's gone quick) and I keep going through my favourite matches of the year and keep seeing Will Ospreay, Shingo Takagi and Timothy Thatcher. So I would say that these three are the top 3 wrestlers of the year. Thatcher probably could beat both if he didn't occasionally disappear months at a time. Ospreay and Shingo are in the G1 which will give them a big advantage over Thatcher too. There are others catching up but I don't see these three dropping any soon. The three to beat, in my opinion.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I think Riddle is a good nod still he has put on pretty good matches at a consit bases. I also like to put Sami Callihan out there as well.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

I've Will Ospreay out ahead at #1 with a gap that's surely only going to widen this month in the G1. 2nd I've got David Starr who I think is the best guy on the indies and a rare case of someone being the best talker in the world as well as being great in the ring. Then there's a bit of a pack of guys in at third like Ricochet, Gresham, Miyahara, Dragon Lee, Thatcher, Walter who've been really good this year also.

Match for match however WALTER is still in the running for WOTY for me because almost every match he has is important and given time to be good (sans the odd NXT UK squash here or there). Ospreay for example still has to wrestle a hell of a lot of New Japan 3 star tag matches in the year. I fully expect he'll end up with the most matches in my top 100 again this year. By the time I catch up with his last 3 Progress matches (Vs Starr in a tag, Vs Kingston and Vs Ilja) he might have moved up to my #2 in the world anyway.

WAKE UP

Status

how boring is it I still think Bryan is my WOTY? Pretty much every PPV match he's had has been good at worst, the Styles match is my least favourite and that was still 'only' rock solid. Carried Kofi Kingston of all people to my MOTY, and carried him previously in the Chamber. Had a really fun tag against Heavy Machinery, who are fun but were clearly again being carried. I guess WALTER would be my #2 which again is another very boring answer.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    how boring is it I still think Bryan is my WOTY? Pretty much every PPV match he's had has been good at worst, the Styles match is my least favourite and that was still 'only' rock solid. Carried Kofi Kingston of all people to my MOTY, and carried him previously in the Chamber. Had a really fun tag against Heavy Machinery, who are fun but were clearly again being carried. I guess WALTER would be my #2 which again is another very boring answer.
    Bryan was there or thereabouts for me around Wrestlemania time, but the last few months I can't switch that part of my brain off that says 'this is a complete waste of Daniel fucking Bryan' to have him go from being WWE Champion to dicking around tagging with Rowan, wrestling Heavy Machinery for one of the least prestigious titles in the company. As much as I appreciate these tag matches he's having, I'm not loving them and I hardly think he's having the best tag matches in the world right now which is what he'd need to be doing if he's to be considered a wrestler of the year contender providing this is now his spot for the rest of the year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information