Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

Status

Re: Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

I feel that I must take a very firm stance on this. I am.... absolutely in the middle.

I get where Jake and others are coming from. Being a midcard talent in the WWE who is on TV constantly... that puts you in a better position than 98% of the professional wrestlers around the world. Plenty of folks would be all too happy with the level of spotlight and just hang onto it as long as possible. I've always liked Banks, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her a favorite. Not sure anyone could argue she has consistently delivered to her very best.... but on one is likely to in a situation where they are made to feel like it doesn't matter anyway.

I kinda lean toward EC, though. I GET why people want to leave the WWE. There is another game in town now that will offer a livable wage. For a company that preaches about how talent needs to take the brass ring, force management to push them, etc.... they pretty consistently choose to neuter talent who has gotten over and turn them back into JUST ANOTHER GUY. Work as hard as want, grind all that you can, gain popularity that the company doesn't plan... in the end, its far more likely that "creative" will not deviate from pushing those who have been pre-chosen. I have a hard time criticizing someone for have a problem with their situation and choosing to do something about it. FAR too many of us take the safe choice, remain in that situation, and simply let the frustration we feel slowly poising things. I'm pretty sure that 50% of social media usage is just people bitching about their job situation and taking no actual action to change what they dislike. so yeah.... taking that step when you are unhappy shouldn't be shouted down.... even if its a lot easier when there is a billionaire-backed safety-net that's going to catch you.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

I’ve thought about this as I’ve been talking to people and I think it’s more about the way she’s gone about it than the actually wanting to leave. She tries to quit at Mania which is a crazy time for everyone, she cancels a talk show appearance last minute, her body langue during the entrance and match, and her passive aggressive tweets to top it all off. Like the Revival are in the same boat but you can’t tell that by their actions. So I guess it’s just professionalism I’m looking for. I’m all for if you think you can do better somewhere else than that’s fine just don’t sulk and not do your job is all.

Also I believe Having ran businesses for over a decade I guess I’m just coming at is as someone who likes people to still be professional and handle your issues behind closed doors.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Booty Love; 04-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I kinda lean toward EC, though. I GET why people want to leave the WWE. There is another game in town now that will offer a livable wage.
    That's definitely the case for men, but is it for women? We just witnessed what ROH's vision for their womens division is this year and how unimportant they've been this last year, Impact are now going down an intergender route, NXT and NXT UK have signed up a bunch of talented women to reduce the quality of performers out there, New Japan forget about it, it's the smaller Joshi circuit for any girl leaving that company. Really it's putting your hope in AEW's womens division being a success, which could/should happen, but still a leap of faith at this stage.

For a company that preaches about how talent needs to take the brass ring, force management to push them, etc.... they pretty consistently choose to neuter talent who has gotten over and turn them back into JUST ANOTHER GUY. Work as hard as want, grind all that you can, gain popularity that the company doesn't plan... in the end, its far more likely that "creative" will not deviate from pushing those who have been pre-chosen.
    I mean we just saw Becky Lynch literally get pushed into the mania main event because of what I would say was her going for that brass ring, but I get what you're saying.

---

Ryan Satin's reporting that Bayley too was voicing her displeasure that they were booked to lose the titles and reacted in a similar way backstage that Sasha did. It'll be an interesting test of my theory that Sasha's being more cricized for this than others have in the past because of her reputation and being unlikable in the fans eyes, do people ease up because it's not just Sasha now or do they have a pop at Bayley just as much. Times gonna tell on this one, hard to know where the truth lies, it could blow over by next week.

Status

The tweet that Edward is talking about. Pretty hilarious if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kayla; 04-12-2019 at 09:30 PM. Reason: I have no idea how to work this website anymore

Relentless Admin

Status

I just can’t picture the two of them loudly protesting this decision in a hotel on top of doing it at their place of work or how that information took until Friday evening to leak out #ifyouonlyknew

I’d be willing to backtrack on the childish thing in order for that to be true, what a story lmao

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That's definitely the case for men, but is it for women? We just witnessed what ROH's vision for their womens division is this year and how unimportant they've been this last year, Impact are now going down an intergender route, NXT and NXT UK have signed up a bunch of talented women to reduce the quality of performers out there, New Japan forget about it, it's the smaller Joshi circuit for any girl leaving that company. Really it's putting your hope in AEW's womens division being a success, which could/should happen, but still a leap of faith at this stage.

I mean we just saw Becky Lynch literally get pushed into the mania main event because of what I would say was her going for that brass ring, but I get what you're saying.

---

Ryan Satin's reporting that Bayley too was voicing her displeasure that they were booked to lose the titles and reacted in a similar way backstage that Sasha did. It'll be an interesting test of my theory that Sasha's being more cricized for this than others have in the past because of her reputation and being unlikable in the fans eyes, do people ease up because it's not just Sasha now or do they have a pop at Bayley just as much. Times gonna tell on this one, hard to know where the truth lies, it could blow over by next week.
    That is a very good point about AEW. Just because they have said the right things about women's wrestling so far, at least to an extent, does absolutely not mean they will follow through. And honestly, I wasn't even thinking quite that far. I was thinking more from a purely financial standpoint. Five or ten years ago, you had TNA and their fun failings to actually pay talent at all or ROH with pretty much no women's division. But very valid reality - she would likely be no happier in AEW if she got a good contract and the women there ended up getting treated like early 00s eye candy Divas.

Becky Lynch. You can also point to DB a few years ago and, to some degree, the probably-not-intended story arc of Kofi this year. They definitely seem more like the exception than the rule in that regard. And no two situations are the exact same, so pretty much every "didn't take advantage" or "pushed then de-pushed" circumstance is going to have its own justifications, and some of those could be totally valid. But someone fully believing that working hard enough will absolutely force the WWE to make them a star seems.... naive at this point.

And fuck me I want that "laying on the floor" part to be true. Would be hilarious levels of being childish.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Apparently she unfollowed the WWE Twitter account and followed AEW on Twitter.

I like Sasha, always been a big fan of hers. I don’t blame her for being upset but I do wish she went about things differently because this just makes her reputation seem even worse than it already was. I wish her nothing but the best though with whatever she does.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Hail To The King

Status

I mean why not create a 3rd top brand? So much talent that talent are being underused

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Cross, Moon, Asuka, Deville, Nattie, Baszler, Sane, IO, Nox, Rhea, Riott Squad all names I push over Banks. She got lost in the shuffle she couldnt stand out and her attitude wont help. Comeback get humbled. Mercedes Banks will show up in Impact or aew
    I'm very mad I forgot about Ember, is she injured?

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I dunno about the hotel part, but when I read laying on the floor in the locker room, my immediate interpretation was more like they were talking too loud while resting their backs after the match, rather than some kinda tantrum in the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I'm very mad I forgot about Ember, is she injured?
    She was in the women's battle royal at mania so she's cleared to compete now.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

If she wishes to leave (Bayley too) then good luck to them. If she is simply unhappy, I'm sure WWE will work it out with her and attempt to smooth her over with a push in the title picture and a raise.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

lol at the image of her and Bayley just laying on the locker room floor and yelling about their issues with WWE booking.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

If this is a work to turn them heel then this is brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Wow can't believe that report with Sasha and Bayley being that frustrated to that degree. Honestly who do they go to if they are frustrated Agent wise/Staff wise? I mean Stephanie, but she does what is best for her family first not the Women I feel more often that not. If I was that frustrated and I could go to a talent who knows how I'm feeling would be key to fixing to alot of these issues I feel before the Balloon pops and we get this.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

I'm probably one of her least biggest fans as a performer, but even I can understand her frustration and where she's coming from in this particular circumstance. To debut a new title she's wanted for forever and wanted to be important and put over, to have the rug yanked out from under her in favor of a team like The Iiconics had to be a morale killer and just wasn't logical other than being another sign they don't care that much.

I do think it's fair to criticize her as well because she's been such a gigantic asshole so many times, not to mention unprofessional, and quite frankly, it's hard for me to be feeling that sad when you can make a legitimate case she's been the worst overall performer on the roster the last two years counting in-ring and promo abilities. She really isn't the one to talk. I mean...Asuka's right there and somehow remains professional. As to Bayley, she's not my favorite but she at least worked hard to improve and she did her best in some totally whack spots they put her in, if anything she has greater reason to complain, dating all the way back to that Alexa feud I probably would have wanted to quit, and doesn't have a history of unprofessionalism and just poor behavior in general so I think she deserves the BOTD simply because their situations aren't the same.

All and all, both sides are right in their own way and should be acknowledged. I personally hope Sasha gets what she wants and gets to tour with those Asians she fetishizes so much before cashing in on AEW. (Although tbh there's a lot less support for her than I thought there would be, it's mostly limited to unreasonable people trying to compare her to Neville's situation in bad faith, to everyone else she's more or less the girl who cried wolf at this point. I don't know about her longterm prospects unless she is able to improve)

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I can understand her frustration and where she's coming from in this particular circumstance. To debut a new title she's wanted for forever and wanted to be important and put over, to have the rug yanked out from under her in favor of a team like The Iiconics had to be a morale killer and just wasn't logical other than being another sign they don't care that much.
    Agreed.

I do think it's fair to criticize her as well because she's been such a gigantic asshole so many times, not to mention unprofessional
    Agreed.

and quite frankly, it's hard for me to be feeling that sad when you can make a legitimate case she's been the worst overall performer on the roster the last two years counting in-ring and promo abilities.
    I don't think that's even close to being something I could objectively agree with. Nia Jax, Tamina, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Shinsuke Nakamura, The Iiconics all spring to might as worst roster members. She's not even the worst promo in her tag team.

I personally hope Sasha gets what she wants and gets to tour with those Asians she fetishizes so much
    You seem to be presenting having an interest in Asians and Asian culture as something worthy of a dig here which is pretty ironic.

Character Jobber

Status

If she leaves WWE and can't use the Boss gimmick, maybe she can be the Boss Baby. Because she's basically being a baby.

The CHAMPS are HERE!!!

Thread Information