Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

Firefly Fun House

Status

Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

Also rumors abound that Sasha tried to quit at Mania because they were taking the belts off her and Bayley. At this point they should just let her leave...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

Was just gonna post this story. Here's the story from the observer:

idk why they should just let her quit, you'd be giving up someone pretty marketable for AEW. Should at least give it time to see where her head is when she calms down. I think she's right to be pissed off, putting the belts on the Iiconics is basically putting the belts on a heel comedy act 1 month after Sasha and Bayley talked about taking the title to all the different brands.
    Last edited by Ed; 04-11-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Firefly Fun House

Status

They’ve given her a ton of titles and spotlights and etc. For her to quit because they wanna give another team the run seems extremely childish. She has been abysmal in the ring and on the mic for a long time now.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I can see her going too. She clearly hasn't been happy for ages and after some sort of spark, and they took it away. Could be smoothed over. Could be mis information.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    They’ve given her a ton of titles and spotlights and etc. For her to quit because they wanna give another team the run seems extremely childish. She has been abysmal in the ring and on the mic for a long time now.

Before this she hadn't been champion since 2016, and even when she was Raw champion she always lost it at the first attempt. WWE completely dropped the ball on the Bayley/Sasha feud that I'm sure at one point was supposed to be a Wrestlemania match but then got bumped to a preshow battle royal and then never made it to a future PPV. Now while Becky, Charlotte and Ronda achieve her dream of being the first womens mania main event this year, her tag title project is over before it really started as a truly awful set of wrestlers pick up the win at mania. That's gotta be demoralising for her to keep getting passed over when popularity wise she's one of the most over and influential women there. If Sasha's an example of someone the company do right by, then they don't do right by the majority of their roster. I'm sure her attitude gets in the way, but I really don't think they've done enough with her considering where she was in 2015.

I don't recall PAC being called childish for quitting when his cruiserweight title run ended to Enzo and reaching his breaking point for the company not making the most of him.

Firefly Fun House

Status

Re: Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

Yeah I’ve never watched 205 live and didn’t even realize that’s why PAC quit, but I did say the same thing when Punk quit. Also I’m not sure the IIconics are abysmal and they are far better promos than Sasha at this point. Maybe my take is a bit harsh but she has been sloppy for a long long time.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Kind of not shocked here and tbh I dont care that much about her she is a DIVA gotten into fights constantily with people backstage had that shit goin on with Ronda she is "entitled" She thinks because she is snoop doggs cuz she should be given everything I have heard for years too that she is not a nice person mocking fans being rude and shit like that. She has gone downhill both in ring skill and mic skills for the past year. She like to think she was the leader of the horsewoman shes not. Sasha I give her cred she was apart of the revolution and she did help with it but, she wasn't as good as Charlotte as popular as Becky likeable as Bayley she was just kind of their besides in NXT she never gets as popular as she does without Bayley. She had her best work in NXT.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Canada

Tbh I'm not even a fan of her but her treatment has been mediocre. I didn't feel like Sasha and Bayley did anything with the belts except for win them at EC. It's a bad way to establish a new set of titles.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah this isn't the first time we heard about Sasha being unhappy with her standing in the WWE, more like the 3rd or 4th time to be fair. You guys forget that was wanting out before, and she was thrusted all of sudden in a feud with Ronda months back? I can't blame her though, Sasha and Bayley have more skin the game and for them to put the belts on the Iiconics all of sudden instead of letting them rock with the Titles was kinda stupid to me for two girls who have and will do way more for the WWE than the Iiconics could ever dream of doing to be honest.

We've done and said things in anger, so in a few weeks or Months time this might all be squashed. She just need that move to SD stat after hearing this so she can get away from the Raw Umbrella and get back to where she was in the WWE before and her days in NXT.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 04-11-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah this isn't the first time we heard about Sasha being unhappy with her standing in the WWE, more like the 3rd or 4th time to be fair. You guys forget that was wanting out before, and she was thrusted all of sudden in a feud with Ronda months back? I can't blame her though, Sasha and Bayley have more skin the game and for them to put the belts on the Iiconics all of sudden instead of letting rock with the Titles was kinda stupid to me for two girls who have and will do way more for the WWE than the Iiconics could ever dream of doing to be honest.

We've done and said things in anger, so in a few weeks or Months time this might all be squashed. She just need that move to SD stat after hearing this so she can get away from the Raw Umbrella and get back to where she was in the WWE before and her days in NXT.
    Her expressing her frustration publicly isn't going to do much for the trajectory of her career. Even with the frustration, fans aren't joining together and rallying their support for her. From what I've seen, her fans are being buried under the large amount of people either sick of her complaining again, or supporting her leaving in hopes of her going to AEW. They should honestly just let her walk if she's THIS frustrated.

Say My Name

Status

I'm 100 per cent with Ed on this one. I think their use of Sasha Banks has been abysmal and frankly she has every right to be pissed off. I really don't know why she hasn't been pushed to the level she should have been. One of the most over women they have and in my mind still one of the best in the ring. Seems like they still don't get what a good women's wrestler is when you look at what they've done with Sasha and to an extent Asuka but the likes of IIconics, Mandy seem to be spotlighted more.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I'm not too fussed, it'll be good for her to get away from that. Not only that, but I've seen everything is want to see from her. She's got a great match with just about every other good member of the women's roster so it's not like I'll be looking back in a years time thinking "I wish we got that Sasha Vs Ronda match", because we did and it delivered.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post

as a guy who has decried people hating on aew, i find it odd that you would hate on wrestlers being ambitious and wanting the best for their careers/not settling for bit roles. pac/punk/banks are all justified in their decisions to want more for themselves and have each proved themselves to justify that. they shouldnt sell their souls out to the corporation.

Firefly Fun House

Status

Sasha Banks reportedly asks for release

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    as a guy who has decried people hating on aew, i find it odd that you would hate on wrestlers being ambitious and wanting the best for their careers/not settling for bit roles. pac/punk/banks are all justified in their decisions to want more for themselves and have each proved themselves to justify that. they shouldnt sell their souls out to the corporation.
    I’m a flawed man Jon.
    Guess it’s just my perception that’s she’s had amazing opportunity and matches and been treated great which I guess isn’t everyone’s POV. My apologies if my opinion has offended anyone. Sincerely.

Last edited by JakeYourBooty; 04-12-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Sort of a weird situation to call because on the one hand she has a lot of accolades in the WWE system. There's a lot of footnotes for her career when she's retired. But a lot of it has been handled badly by the WWE, like all her Womens Title reigns in the Charlotte feud. The fact she's been a background player ever since Alexa Bliss murked the Raw Womens division. The way they've stalled the Sasha/Bayley story for two years now, and now this nothing Tag Title reign her and Bayley had. She's arguably the best of the Horsewomen but WWE have dropped the ball on her for years now, so I can see why she's frustrated.

I feel like the business needs more Sasha's though, more Pro Wrestlers who want to succeed at the highest level as opposed to just accepting what scraps they're given.

Hail To The King

Status

Cross, Moon, Asuka, Deville, Nattie, Baszler, Sane, IO, Nox, Rhea, Riott Squad all names I push over Banks. She got lost in the shuffle she couldnt stand out and her attitude wont help. Comeback get humbled. Mercedes Banks will show up in Impact or aew

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Tbf, the majority of the roster has a right to be pissed off. Everything has been written so poorly for everyone. They completely screwed up the most simple of storylines with Becky and Ronda, and the finish was still god awful. Finn floundered for 2 years before getting a shot at the title he never lost. They mishandled Dean so badly that he left, despite being offered a lot of money to re-sign. They have completely killed Bayley and made her look like an absolute idiot time and time and time again (at the hands of Alexa, Sasha, etc) that I’m surprised she’s not the one quitting. The tag division is garbage despite NXT being a tag team factory and everyone who gets a call up either doesn’t get work or they look stupid and weak. Meanwhile, they put Ricochet and Aleister as a tag team (one of the few things that they didn’t mess up, I thoroughly enjoy them) I’m surprised more people aren’t asking for their releases at this point. Then again, hard to find work where you get paid as much as they do.

I’m not a fan of Sasha’s, but I do feel for her. It must be frustrating to have a passion for something but be looked over all the time or used as a stepping stone for somebody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status

Worked herself into a shoot, brother.

I'm actually being sarcastic with that quote. You know who says shit like that? Top people that have pull. You only have one career, if a person is truly passionate about their career it might actually be more important for them to do something elsewhere that's more valuable to them. With sports, pro wrestling, there's such a small window sometimes you gotta at some point decide what matters most to you. There are wrestlers on the roster who literally wasted years of their career being misused. People like Kofi, and Cesaro have lost years out of their career wasting away.

Status

I have a very pro-quitting WWE stance (perhaps ironically). Their roster is enormous, their ability to create meaningful stories is limited and the pro wrestling market is in full bloom right now. If anyone that works for WWE, with the exception of a handful of people like Seth, Charlotte, Roman, AJ, etc. who have been pretty well handled, wants to quit... I don't blame them at all. I'd rather a wrestler who feels like their career is being wasted walk away and fulfill their potential somewhere else than stick around and continue to fuel WWE's belief that they are the end all be all of professional wrestling. Ideally, enough people walk away that WWE feels the pressure to step up it's own game while those competitors that leave and the companies they sign with thrive as well.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I have a very pro-quitting WWE stance (perhaps ironically). Their roster is enormous, their ability to create meaningful stories is limited and the pro wrestling market is in full bloom right now. If anyone that works for WWE, with the exception of a handful of people like Seth, Charlotte, Roman, AJ, etc. who have been pretty well handled, wants to quit... I don't blame them at all. I'd rather a wrestler who feels like their career is being wasted walk away and fulfill their potential somewhere else than stick around and continue to fuel WWE's belief that they are the end all be all of professional wrestling. Ideally, enough people walk away that WWE feels the pressure to step up it's own game while those competitors that leave and the companies they sign with thrive as well.
    They need a WCW to make things work again. Which is why I have hopes for AEW and their TBS/TNT Tuesday slot.

I really wouldnt be sad if Sasha leaves at all but hope she can do well.

it's the fastest tap a junk in the galaxy

TEAM CYRUS

Thread Information