Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - April 2, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - April 2, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    That was fun for what it was and it seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves out there.
    Yep. I scoffed at the idea but it ended up being a pretty good match/segment!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Its weird seeing Babyface Miz win a 1 v 3 Handicap match when Heel Miz was a comedy jobber who couldn't beat anyone.

This show did a great job of hyping Orton v AJ and Kofi v Bryan. Those two matches feel the most important heading into WM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Does anyone else in here have the sneaking suspicion that Lacey Evans will finally make her debut in the battle royal and win it. Something in my group tells me that’s what all this has been building too, probably at the expense of Asuka as well.

Judging, mostly

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteaux155 View Post
    Does anyone else in here have the sneaking suspicion that Lacey Evans will finally make her debut in the battle royal and win it. Something in my group tells me that’s what all this has been building too, probably at the expense of Asuka as well.
    I think that idea has been floating around on the forum and certainly on Twitter for a bit. She’d be my prediction anyway. Then she can have a prop for her weekly walk around.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Its weird seeing Babyface Miz win a 1 v 3 Handicap match when Heel Miz was a comedy jobber who couldn't beat anyone.
    Now who says nice guys finish last?

Established Veteran

Status

Definetely a better go-home show than Raw. Enjoyed the contract signing, good that Vince didn’t show up. Glad it didn’t end in a brawl.

AJ and Orton once again delivered, brilliant segment. It was funny when KO walked away. Should have saved the forearm reversal into the RKO till Mania. Now that they’ve done this, maybe AJ wins or Orton wins with an RKO out of the springboard 450.

Sanity are a lower card group but they are a complete joke now. Miz beating up so many guys(security guards and so many other superstars of Smackdown) last week was bad enough. Now last night he wins a 3 on 1 fall count anywhere handicap match against Sanity. Complete burial for the group. If it was someone like Big Show or Strowman then that wouldn't look as bad. No offence to Miz, he’s awesome but it’s so unrealistic that he beat up three guys in less than six minutes.

Strange decision to put Black and Ricochet in the SD 4 way title match at WM and not The Hardys in this match. Big missed opportunity to not have The Usos vs The Hardys at the biggest show of the year.

Wish Joe vs Ali was a longer match. Joe looking strong going into WM. An 18 person mixed tag, what a clusterfuck of a match. Nice to see Asuka standing tall at the end but she probably won’t win the battle royal.

Status

I agree completely. Would have imagined Blackochet getting another crack at The Revival rather than being placed in the SD Tag Match over the likes of The Hardy Boyz, The New Day or even Gallows and Anderson. Weird.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

If they run Revival Vs some other team (ryder and hawkins), then it makes no sense what they've been doing with Blackochet getting so close to winning the raw titles.

Bryan's promo was sensational, and Kofi was great too. fuck even Orton Vs AJ was a fun back and forth on the mic.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Kofi was awesome but you could tell they designed the segment so he wouldn't have to go back and forth with Bryan. He grabbed the mic, got emotional, yelled a bit, and peace'd. I do love that he tied Bryan's 2014 title win back to what he's doing now. I wish they would've gone more into that. It's untapped stuff.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Orton & Styles segment was awesome. Thought both of these guys killed it in their promos. They had a clear face/heel dynamic, good lines, got passionate, really hit the nail on the head of their feud & what this is all about, and Owens gave me a legit LOL moment with him walking away after Orton had his last line. AJ & Orton deserve credit for overachieving in this feud that has had minimal spotlight. Great segment.

8 man tag was okay, but what sense does it make for The Usos to beat Rusev, then Rusev & Nak are in the match at WM anyway?

The Iiconics promo didn't get over. Must have seen Peyton wrestle Sasha. I have to admit Peyton was cute to not be able to keep a straight face on her pose.

Stone Cold Miz is one of the goofiest & worst ways to take his character, & his "I know that sounds like a cheap plug" was so phony I wanted to turn the channel right there. This feud can't end soon enough, after it was good for so long.

Becky's promo was decent, but bland, unnecessary, & her leaving the cop car IN A DIFFERENT CITY THAN SHE WAS ARRESTED IN was just stupid.

The 16 person match was terrible. Just a bad idea executed poorly. Asuka's so dead.

It's good for Joe to get a dominant win, but I feel awful for Ali. He was sacrificed bad here and I have a sinking feeling we have already seen the best for him on SD.

Bryan/Kofi segment was phenomenal! Bryan was perfect putting down Kofi & coming across as the bitter past fan favorite who has lost favor with the fans. Everything he said had truth to it, & Kofi did a great job responding. He didn't say much likely by design since he isn't at that level but they built perfectly to his big finish of "you know what happens next...". The crowd was in the palm of their hands here. Fuck, this was awesome.

My only caveat is that I really don't think enough was made from Kofi about The New Day bailing him out last week. If it were real & I was in Kofi's shoes, the first thing I would have done is promise title shots to Big E & Woods after I won the title at least, or at least say he's fighting for them too. I didn't like the cut away from that beautiful ending last week. I think TGO made some great points last week which makes me buy into Kofi getting the spor, but I stand by Woods & E being as deserving, if not more. That said, Kofi stepped up big here & totally had the fire & leadership role I was wanting. And the last two weeks have been grand slams and legit great TV.

Great build to the main match & I highly enjoyed the AJ/Orton segment. The Miz stuff was total crap & the others I have mixed feelings on, but the two good angles were more than enough to give this a thumbs up. I'm kind of into Mania after the contract signing, not gonna lie.

Thread Information