Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Superstar Shakeup!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

2019 Superstar Shakeup!

With a little over 2 weeks to go I thought it would be good to get some discussion going around this.

So on April 15th & 16th in Montreal Quebec Canada, we will once again bare witness to a "superstar shakeup" with many superstars moving from Raw & SD. This years shakeup is made all the more interesting with the new Fox deal coming into play and the rumors that they want exclusivity on whoever appears on their network and the fact that this new deal with almost definitely mean a few big names making the move across to the blue brand.

Also, while people moving from NXT to Raw/SD is pretty normal for the shakeup and I would expect to see it once again, there's also rumors flying around that some guys could make the move from Raw/SD to NXT itself. If this turns out to be true who would you like to see make the move? Wouldn't shock me if we see NXT UK & 205 Live involved in all this too. Guys Like Rhea & Dunne are certainly high up the list to make the move overseas while there's a bunch of guys who would flourish on 205 *Cough* Gable *Cough* and find new life moving to the UK brand.

So with that being said what are your hopes/predictions for the 2019 Superstar shakeup?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: 2019 Superstar Shakeup!

I imagine Balor and the winner of Joe/Rey will switch brands, other than that it's anyones guess.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I think AJ has to go to raw because he’s done everything there is to do on SD, and I think it’s wise to split Rollins and roman up so I’d probably put Seth on SD if he loses to Brock.

I’d put Gargano on 205 Live Personally because he’s gonna get lost in the shuffle on raw and sd with the Ciampa injury messing up his debut plans.

Could do with somehow swapping a few of the character driven SD girls off for some better workers especially if the winner of the mania main event will leave the brand.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I agree with Ed for sure AJ needs a new scenery and Raw could just what he needs to get that momentum back I felt he's lost since losing the WWE Championship to Daniel Bryan. Raw needs more known Stars and Styles is one of them that can help out. I've been asking if Bayley or Sasha switch to SD, and after what WWE had done to Asuka I like to see her move to Raw. I think Kairi might be moving on up too because I see a new Champion coming at Takeover and it could be Io's time with Shayna possibly moving up too leaving Bianca to turn heel and get the NXT Women's Title from Io.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

AJ going to Raw is a given I think. I can also see Ziggler being sent to SD once he returns from his comedy tour too.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think AJ has to go to raw because he’s done everything there is to do on SD, and I think it’s wise to split Rollins and roman up so I’d probably put Seth on SD if he loses to Brock.
    Don't you mean when?

Kidding aside, if Bryan and Brock both retain (which is looking more and more unlikely) I think Seth shifting over to SD to challenge for the title makes the most sense. However, if Seth beats Brock, I can imagine them running the inevitable Roman/Seth "starts out as respect until one guy turns" feud over the spring/summer. I hope I'm wrong on that but it just screams of classic WWE booking.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Ditto seeing some of the NXT and 205 Live guys moving around. Cedric Alexander moving seems like a cert to me, I'll echo Dunne and Rhea switching to the main NXT, guessing his Takeover match will be a big indicator of that.

Main roster wise, the Uso's and New Day could do with separating as well as Roman and Seth. Would love Sami to return to Raw too as that'll finally keep him and Kevin apart for a while.

Can see Miz going back to Raw because he seems to switch every year haha. Don't see too many NXT call ups due to the sheer volume of them the last few months. I imagine they'll announce which brands they'll be settling on, although for most of them it's pretty obvious at this point (basically, everyone apart from Nikki Cross and maybe Lacey Evans on Smackdown)

Finally, women. Alexa going back to Smackdown is a lock for me, as well as either or both Charlotte and Becky to Raw. Be interesting if they send either Sasha or Bayley to Smackdown as that'd create an angle of the team having to split once they lose the tag belts.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Say My Name

Status

They could swap Bryan and Rollins as champions.

AJ could still go to RAW as well.

Remember how bad we were last year at predicting this when SmackDown literally got all the talent
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

As Order said it's almost impossible to predict what's gonna happen but I am thinking what they SHOULD do is beef up SD with some star power to settle them in for Fox because they will need it. I also think it would be wise to get a few more people on Raw that can help carry in-ring segments. So with that in mind, this is what *I* would do with the draft this year:

To Raw: AJ Styles, Andrade (w/Zelina), The Bar, Rusev &
    Nakamura (w/Lana), Asuka

To SD: Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Lashley & Rush, Elias, Alexa Bliss

With the tag titles and potential for women to cross feud I don't think the women need huge shakeups in the tag scene, and I think al of the 4HW are prepared to end up on SD regardless of the draft and Bliss and Asuka are the two that definitively need a fresh start imo. On the surface moving both Brock and Roman seems like a bit much but without Dean around there's really no purpose in both of them on the same brand since they're at very bad points to turn and they can't really tag either. Brock is my bold prediction. My only caveat is they can easily just jump him over without the draft, but guaranteed his TV dates get saved for Fox one way or the other. The rest Raw gets way better workers and SD gets the stars. It accomplishes what I think they should attempt going forward with the draft. Both Lashley and Elias need a change and I would argue the SD guys too sans Andrade, who is mainly over just to add good wrestling to add a Méxican star/prospect to Raw to counter Rey on SD, and obviously have good work.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

SD: Shayna Baszler ( mma ss fox wants on), Elias, Rollins, Cross, Nia, Corbin?, Wyatt def add balor
    Raw: Rey, NakaRusev, Zayn, AJ, The Usos, Carmella, Truth
    Last edited by OMB; 03-31-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Others have done the whole what i'd do thing so I will too.

To Raw: AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, The Usos, The IIconics, Nakamura, Becky Lynch

To SD: Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Lashley, The Revival, Sasha & Bayley, Natalya
    I have a plan so cunning......

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    As Order said it's almost impossible to predict what's gonna happen but I am thinking what they SHOULD do is beef up SD with some star power to settle them in for Fox because they will need it. I also think it would be wise to get a few more people on Raw that can help carry in-ring segments. So with that in mind, this is what *I* would do with the draft this year:

To Raw: AJ Styles, Andrade (w/Zelina), The Bar, Rusev &
    Nakamura (w/Lana), Asuka

To SD: Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Lashley & Rush, Elias, Alexa Bliss

With the tag titles and potential for women to cross feud I don't think the women need huge shakeups in the tag scene, and I think al of the 4HW are prepared to end up on SD regardless of the draft and Bliss and Asuka are the two that definitively need a fresh start imo. On the surface moving both Brock and Roman seems like a bit much but without Dean around there's really no purpose in both of them on the same brand since they're at very bad points to turn and they can't really tag either. Brock is my bold prediction. My only caveat is they can easily just jump him over without the draft, but guaranteed his TV dates get saved for Fox one way or the other. The rest Raw gets way better workers and SD gets the stars. It accomplishes what I think they should attempt going forward with the draft. Both Lashley and Elias need a change and I would argue the SD guys too sans Andrade, who is mainly over just to add good wrestling to add a Méxican star/prospect to Raw to counter Rey on SD, and obviously have good work.
    Brock to SD is a very bold prediction but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Only problem with it is that I rather not see the WWE title be held hostage for months on end. Unless they are going to REALLY beef up the show with Main event talent (to the point where the IC or US title can be the focal point of things for a while) its probably best for him to just stay on Raw.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I think AJ stays put and both Rollins/Reigns stay put. I can see Joe and Hardy going over to Raw, meanwhile Balor and Lashley heading over to SD. Pete Dunne is probably going to be the huge NXT call-up.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I'd prefer no draft this year. SDL has a really good roster, horribly, horribly misused roster but a really good roster nonetheless. While Raw has all the boring, bland, dull wrestlers on the roster. I like that all the exciting, interesting wrestlers are on one show and all the bland dweebs are on another.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

2019 Superstar Shakeup!

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I'd prefer no draft this year. SDL has a really good roster, horribly, horribly misused roster but a really good roster nonetheless. While Raw has all the boring, bland, dull wrestlers on the roster. I like that all the exciting, interesting wrestlers are on one show and all the bland dweebs are on another.
    Cool, but it’s happening all the same, so you could try coming up with an answer instead of just doing your usual schtick.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Character Jobber

Status

I'd like to see Balor go to Smackdown and challenge for (and win) the WWE Championship.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

I'm cool. I think

Status

I wouldn't be surprised if there were no call ups this shakeup tbh, they already have 9 call ups that haven't even been drafted to a show yet so I can see at least a part of the show is just gonna show which brand they're going to. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were supposed to be brought up in the shakeup but they were rushed up.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Cool, but it’s happening all the same, so you could try coming up with an answer instead of just doing your usual schtick.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Apologies for expressing an opinion on a forum of all places.

I'm personally very happy with how the rosters are right now, for the most part, the vast majority of all the entertaining, more talented wrestlers witt more all round/complete skill sets the WWE have are on SDL, while they've kept most of the overrated, boring guys on Raw.

I know its going to happen no matter what and some of the blandness of Raw will hit SDL, but I'd prefer things to stay as they are.

Status

Last call for predictions and wishes.

From what we've seen I feel like Braun Strowman is definitely going to Smackdown and The Usos are definitely coming to Raw.

They've hinted that Drew might be going over to SD but I just feel like he screams Raw and a potential program with him and Seth is obviously very appealing to me. I hope he stays put.

I think Bobby Lashley will be going to Smackdown. Not sure how Lio plays into that. He could always go back to 205 if they don't package him with Lashley.

So with those in mind, as well as some random guesses I'd like to see come to fruition I would say:

To Raw - AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, The Usos, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Shinsuke Nakamura, Shelton Benjamin, Lars Sullivan, Heavy Machinery, The Undisputed Era, Nikki Cross and Charlotte

To Smackdown - Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns, Bobby Lashley, Lio Rush, EC3, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Buddy Murphy, Mojo Rawley, Street Profits, Lacey Evans, Ember Moon and Dana Brooke

Again... wild speculation here mostly.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

To RAW- AJ Styles, The Usos, Samoa Joe (WWE United States Champion), The IIconics (WWE Women's Tag Team Champions), Becky Lynch (WWE RAW & Smackdown Women's Champion), Randy Orton

To Smackdown Live- Roman Reigns, Finn Balor (WWE Intercontinental Champion), Sasha Banks & Bayley, Nia Jax breaking up her and Tamina, Braun Strowman, The Revival

Thread Information