YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: NJPW & ROH G1 SuperCard at Madison Square Garden - 06/04/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Taven had a 60 minute draw with Lethal last month & before that had a fake "real world title" gimmick for months. Is he a main event talent is another question entirely.
    This, an Enzo work and having just watched that Honor Rumble have not inspired me to go back to ROH.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Nobody should watch the 60 minute draw for the record.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Good match that suffered from going way too long. So unneeded but Taven is finally champion. He has earned it.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

They really blew it with the camera work a few times in that match.

Also Matt Taven has a God awful look these days.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Okada is totally winning tonight.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Gargano would have kicked out.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Okada winning the title !!! GAH

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Okada and Naito will be a great long term Dome main event but staleness is a real issue right now with this company and they're essentially sacrificing 8 months for not only incredibly predictable booking, but also essentially the exact same thing we saw two years ago repeated this time with Naito. First of all the match itself was a typical Jay/Okada slog for the first 20 minutes, but more importantly there's just 0 things interesting in another long title reign after he has run through basically everyone on the roster already over and over again.

Still, again, between the two, it's the devil you know and I'll take it over the alternative. Jay doesn't have it.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Saw I just started watching the rest of the show and saw the Enzo and Big Cass attack. That's the best shooting of a invasion angle I've seen in ages because the cameras went straight off them, commentary wouldn't talk about it, GoD looked completely pissed, they tried to carry out the Yano stuff like that was the real angle on the script that they wouldn't budge from. But being a work you can also confirm ROH as the worst promotion in the world for bringing those pricks in.
    Last edited by Ed; 04-07-2019 at 09:18 AM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Eh. Another Okada title reign clearly has the legs. It's not like he'll be champion for two years either. I fully expect him to drop it at Dominion anyway. But going back to long time champion is always the decision these companies are going to make. Let's hope its not as stale as Kento's current run, eh.

Ring Of Honor TV & NEVER Openweight Title Match: Jeff Cobb (c) vs Will Ospreay (c)
    A pretty good start to kick off and set the tone for the show. Both guys’ styles compliment each other perfectly with Cobb’s power & Ospreay’s crazy bump seems like a recipe for a really fun match. Crowd was into it and it had a hot finishing stretch. I do think there were one or two clunky spots but not much else wrong with this.

Rush vs Dalton Castle
    Good choice imo. Castle is clearly still injury riddled and the match would suck anyway.

WOH World Title Match: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs Kelly Klein
    This was a pile of garbage.

NYC Street Fight: Bully Ray, Silas Young & Shane Taylor vs Mark Haskins, Juice Robinson & Flip Gordon
    This was awful on every level. It was awful in terms of booking because Juice was taken out and deemed unable to wrestle so flip comes out and Juice wrestles anyway. The match itself was horrible. Almost killed the crowd and was nothing but nonsensical brawling.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Dragon Lee vs Bandido
    Exactly what this show needed to get it back on the right track. Very much a sprint match with all guys going balls to the walls with their aerial offence.

IWGP & ROH Tag Team Title Match: The Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa) (c) vs Villain Enterprises (Brody King & PCO) (c) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & EVIL) vs The Briscoes (Jay & Mark)
    This was another nutty match. PCO came across as a massive star with his entrance and taking some unreal bumps. Everyone did stuff and got in and out.

Rev Pro British Heavyweight Title Match: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
    I thought this totally under delivered on what it could've been. I liked what they did in terms of offence. Tana going for the leg, Sabre going for the arm, but it lacked something to put it all together. Both guy really didn't sell anything particularly well either. Very paint by numbers showing by these two.

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Kota Ibushi
    This was awesome. Both of their matches are renowned for their dangerous bumps and this had a ton of that but this also had some great character early on, from Naito especially. Really compelling thought with a great closing stretch.

ROH Title/Ladder Match: Jay Lethal (c) vs Matt Taven vs Marty Scurll
    I'm pretty sure that I liked this more than some. I think they had some really good spots and they did a good job at making everyone look good. However I think the match suffered from trying to stand out as a great match and went far longer than needed.

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Jay White (c) vs Kazuchika Okada
    I can see myself liking this match more than some but less so than others. As soon as the video package came up, my body started to shake in anticipation, which hasn't happened since Naito vs Okada at WK 12. So that went a long way with this match. I was solely fixed on the match throughout, constantly interested even given the slow pace, which is fine. Not ever match needs to be a bombfest. But I do think the match needed that killer string of sequences in the body of the match, which it didn't have. The finishing stretch was really great though. I think they overdid it with some of the counters, but hey, I still popped like crazy for them. Crowd was super into Okada as was eye. It made me happy and that's really all I want from wrestling whether it's seeing someone like Honda talking about Gon The Fox or Okada having an Okada match. If I enjoy it, it's a good match to me.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Ospreay/Cobb, ZSJ/Tanahashi and Ibushi/Naito were all great matches to me. I'd have Will/Cobb MOTN tbh probably because the other matches I've seen enough before and done better.

Okada/Switchblade was boring, laid out predictably with the finish we all knew was coming. Man these main events aren't doing it for me this weekend. WK match was so much better.

I didn't watch the ladder match, had no interest for it going in.

The womens match, the Bully Ray match and the Enzo/Cass invasion were all horrible and I don't know what about this show would make people tune in to see more of ROH. Imagine the weekend WWE are running a womens main event at mania, and you bring in The Beautiful People for a Divas level angle pitched at fans that only like womens wrestling if it's sexualised, tits and ass wrestling.

[Run]

Status

I know more & more people are under contract these days, but ROH using their biggest show ever to bring in the Beautiful People and Enzo & Cass is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Also, between the all the spotlight he gets & and his girlfriend suddenly getting a job, I'd love to know what Bubba Ray has on the Sinclair Execs/Delirious.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

First time seeing any of these guys live, and overall, it was definitely a fun show. The show definitely dragged hard after the opener until the Jr Heavyweight match. However, it was overall well worth the money spent. The atmosphere in MSG was AMAZING, it was such a fun crowd.

Jeff Cobb is absolutely amazing. I was blown away by him. I knew what I was getting with Ospreay, but man he blew me away. This match my favorite match of the night. Was a great opener.

Rush/Castle was exactly what it had to be. Having this booked with the women's match back to back was a terrible idea, as it definitely was underwhelming. Having the rapper dude come out was stupid as well since Bully Ray didn't actually kick his ass or anything.

I thought the booking of the Hardcore March was obviously nonsensical, went a little longer than needed, but it certainly didn't kill the crowd by any means. The crowd ate that shit up, and Flip Gordon just taking those shots was cool as hell.

The Jr Heavyweight match was nonstop fun. Dragon Lee honestly impressed me the least out of those three, so that was disappointing. Bandido was hell of fun though.

The tag match was definitely a cluster, but a fun one. PCO was so much fun to watch, and that Taker sit up spot only to collapse after the huge bump was amazing.

The Enzo/Cass stuff was done so well. It was so hard to tell initially what the fuck was going on. The way they booked it so that the cameras aren't on them, the comedy guy is doing the belt steal, very well done. And at the end of the day, regardless of what people think of them, it clearly got people talking and it got a HUGE reaction from the live crowd.

I thought ZSJ vs Tana was a pretty good story, although slightly underwhelming. However, the crowd again was really hot for it.

Ibushi/Naito was just amazing. I can't compliment that enough. They're both so great.

I liked Okada/Switchblade. I thought that Switchblade played a great heel, a lot of stalling, rest holds, dirty work. He really helped tell that story just as much as Okada, and it built organically to that frenetic finish. That final 5 or so minutes was just exhilarating. I was sold twice before the actual finish. Great match, and truthfully, if you're running Madison Square fucking Garden during WrestleMania weekend, you need to have a good ending, so Okada had to win.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Something I'm hearing a lot about these non-WWE shows is that the crowd noise isn't translating at all where the live crowd are loving it but the mixing and crowd mic'ing isn't good on the streams/VOD.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Something I'm hearing a lot about these non-WWE shows is that the crowd noise isn't translating at all where the live crowd are loving it but the mixing and crowd mic'ing isn't good on the streams/VOD.
    It's the ROH/Sinclair solution for production quality. Throw more money at the stage design, lighting and cameras, but not the people with the talent and skills to actually use them. Depressing to see this still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The crowd was LOUD af all night. They really loved - shocker - Okada, Tana, Ibushi, and Naito. Scrull was over huge, Ospreay and ZSJ got a lot of love, and so did PCO and GoD. Cobb really won them over, and Switchblade and Taven got the most heat. That's really disappointing that the crowd volume didn't translate because it was amazing

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC
    Eh. Another Okada title reign clearly has the legs. It's not like he'll be champion for two years either. I fully expect him to drop it at Dominion anyway.
    To who? That wouldn't even make sense in any fashion. He's keeping that title until the Dome, brother.

But going back to long time champion is always the decision these companies are going to make.
    That doesn't make it not worth criticizing. Not that a long term plan is a bad thing, but there's no question they feel stale at the top, Just don't understand why Okada fans need him to be champion literally all the time. The other singles champions are better thankfully right now.

Let's hope its not as stale as Kento's current run, eh.
    How so? Kento just this year has had two excellent matches against fresh opponents. Who does Okada have left to triumph over in NJPW? The highest ranked guys he yet to defend against are Juice (yikes) & Cobb. The highest native is..? YOSHI-HASHI? Taichi? Nagata maybe?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information