Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 March Madness Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2019 March Madness Discussion Thread

It's been a pretty entertaining March Madness with these lower seeds upsetting the high ones. I think I had Kentucky moving on, but Auburn showed plenty of grit to move to the Final four. If Duke loses to MSU everyone's Bracket is busted.

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Auburn has punched their ticket to the Final Four, beating Kentucky in overtime 77-71! Good game for both SEC schools in the Elite 8. I am extremely happy of Auburn, seeing them one step closer of playing in the National Championship Game for the first time ever. CNEW my boy, you guys deserve everything right now. I believe Auburn can play with any of the three teams, for the way they have played so far. That win was not only for Okeke, but it's for the fans who waited for so long, to see Auburn make it to the Final Four for the first time ever. Bruce Pearl's got those guys focused on the prize. I know I'm a Bama fan, but this is for y'all.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!
    WHY NOT US!!!

Toomer's Corner is absolutely mental at the moment. That gave was beyond stressful to watch, but I'm so happy for this team. Watching Okeke get the net after they cut it down, seeing him lift the trophy was amazing to see. He's got to be absolutely gutted to not be apart of it on the floor, but this ride has been amazing. War Damn.

Status

The Final Four has been set for April 6th:

#2 Michigan State vs. #3 Texas Tech
    #1 Virginia vs. #5 Auburn

Duke's loss puts the final nail in the coffin for my bracket.

Oh well. I knew my bracket was horrible anyways. I'll do better next year.
    Last edited by Doom; 03-31-2019 at 08:21 PM.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

War Eagle

Status

Ironically, I had 3/4 of the Final 4 correctly...just didn't FULLY believe in Auburn otherwise would've had 4/4 because I had that Elite 8 match right. Just the rest of my bracket was utterly horrible and that just ruined it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CNEW2 View Post
    Ironically, I had 3/4 of the Final 4 correctly...just didn't FULLY believe in Auburn otherwise would've had 4/4 because I had that Elite 8 match right. Just the rest of my bracket was utterly horrible and that just ruined it.
    Give yourself credit for doing better than I did lol. I don't want to look at the percentage of the predictions I've got right.

And just to think, that Auburn barely beat #12 seed New Mexico State 78-77 in the First Round of the tournament.

War Eagle

Status

The more I watch that game, and I hate to sound like one of those fans, but it shouldn't have been that close. There were a couple of questionable decisions by Auburn players at the end, but the referees seemed to swallow their whistles and that helped NMSU far more than Auburn at the end. Hell, Spencer got smacked in the face at the end then threw a bad pass after being hit that led to a turnover that the referees just missed. So yeah, think that game should've been a comfortable win but the referees did everything in their power to give it some extra drama.

Speaking of Brackets, I saw where there was 1 perfect bracket left after the Sweet Sixteen? Maybe even the Elite 8? Don't remember all of their picks but I'm pretty sure it had Texas Tech & Mich St. in the Final 4

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I think the final perfect bracket went down when Purdue beat Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Tom Hanks Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

What a wild ending to a great game between Auburn and Virginia Tech. Auburn shot themselves in the foot with 0.6 seconds left. Kyle Guy of Virginia was clutch by shooting three free throws, giving them enough to pull of the win, and playing for the national championship.

I'm very proud of Auburn for reaching the Final Four. They never soften up, they played really hard, and made the tournament worth watching. They showed grit against the remaining #1 seed in the tournament.

Now to see how the Michigan State vs Texas Tech game turns out. I'm looking forward watching the game.
    Last edited by Doom; 04-06-2019 at 08:26 PM.

War Eagle

Status

What a shitty way to lose a game, especially when it shouldn't have happened. Clear double dribble missed with 1.5 seconds left and unfortunately that no call led to Doughty getting too close to Guy and fouling. Utter heartbreak.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CNEW2 View Post
    What a shitty way to lose a game, especially when it shouldn't have happened. Clear double dribble missed with 1.5 seconds left and unfortunately that no call led to Doughty getting too close to Guy and fouling. Utter heartbreak.
    it's very heartbreaking for you guys. I wished the foul didn't happen at all. I was really, really pulling for Auburn to silence the critics, by pulling off a "Cinderella story" moment against a stellar team of Virginia. Auburn fought in a tough bracket and you fans should be proud of your team.

War Eagle

Status

Oh, extremely proud...just wish it ended differently, or at least not on a whistle...or lack of whistle The foul was a foul, I understand calling it because, by definition, it's a foul...I also would've understood if they decided to swallow the whistle and not call it "in that spot". My issue is not with the foul, it's with the obvious double dribble before that. Virginia player bounces ball off his own foot, picks it back up and starts dribbling again...it's clear and precise and the official was right there. If that was called, Auburn is moving on, but instead they're going home.

It was an amazing year...just a very sour end.

Status

The state is set for the national championship game for Monday night between #1 seed Virginia and #3 seed Texas Tech.

The Texas Tech vs Michigan State game was closely contested until Texas Tech ran away with them very late in the second half.

It's gonna be an very busy Monday with the title game and RAW. I'll switch the games back and fourth to see what's happening.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

While I can appreciate the efforts of both teams to make the final, I have to say, the NCAA should really consider fixing these games in the future, because this is the least compelling possible matchup they could have gotten. Auburn/Texas Tech gives you the battle of the teams that knocked off their "betters" on the way to an improbable final. Virginia/Michigan State gives you the two best teams left in the tournament battling it out for supremacy. Auburn/Michigan State gives you Cinderella vs. one of the most well known (and followed) programs in the country. Instead, after a great tournament, we get barf city in the finals.

I honestly won't be surprised if this is the lowest rated tournament final in the history of the broadcast era. Who, besides their fans of course, wants to watch a team with no real national following play one of the most boring teams on the planet?

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

War Eagle

Status

I'd watch...if I wasn't so bitter about last night

But I agree, it is quite possibly the worst outcome for the NCAA. But, to be honest, I think Virginia making it in general is just...so boring. I get the people that enjoy good defense and all that, but jesus christ it's just like watching paint dry seeing them drain every second of a shot clock on EVERY possession. I wouldn't want them anywhere near a National Title game if I was the NCAA. You'd obviously want Michigan St. for the name value and then either Texas Tech or Auburn for the Cinderella aspect. Virginia, no thank you.

Status

The Virginia Cavaliers have won their first National Championship, against Texas Tech 85-77 in overtime.

The Red Raiders fought very hard against the fierce Cavs team. Virginia threw the final blows to put them out of reach, to win that prestige award.

Congratulations to them winning their first championship in their team history!

Status

It's been a hard fought battle in the Tournament Challenge between me, TCON, HoHo and Fuji.

The final standings are out.

After the blood, sweat and tears from a fierce Tournament Challenge for us WC'ers, the winner for the 2019 ESPN Tournament Challenge, goes to... Kairi HoHo!!! HoHo beat TCON by one point 860 to 850 in overall total points of the tournament. I was dead last with 620, which I've had made poor choices in the tournament. No matter what, I've still had fun taking apart of this little tournament.

This tournament goes to Kairi HoHo!

Congrats man!!!

Here's the ESPN Tournament Challenge results:

Kairi HoHo.....860
    TCON...........850
    Fuji..............760
    Doom............620
    Last edited by Doom; 04-09-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Congrats HoHo. Knew I was dead after Michigan State lost to Texas Tech but I think they would have beaten Virginia so I’ll take solace in that. Can’t wait for the terrible ratings numbers tomorrow.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information