Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MLB Season Discussion Thread

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2019 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Statement win today vs The Braves! Harper wasn't the story today in this game it was the homegrown Phillies players who showed yeah we got Harper, but were going to win as a team and Harper isn't going the guy we'll need every game to help us win he's just a piece to the puzzle for us. Franco and Hoskins with both chips on their Shoulders killed it today, and Nola was nasty with his Pitching. This team could be really scary if they play like this consistently which they didn't do last Season.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Statement win today vs The Braves! Harper wasn't the story today in this game it was the homegrown Phillies players who showed yeah we got Harper, but were going to win as a team and Harper isn't going the guy we'll need every game to help us win he's just a piece to the puzzle for us. Franco and Hoskins with both chips on their Shoulders killed it today, and Nola was nasty with his Pitching. This team could be really scary if they play like this consistently which they didn't do last Season.
    I've listened to the game on iHeartRadio for the first four innings, while I was at work.

I was not surprised that Teheran gave up a homer early, from the very first batter he fought, Andrew McCutchen. Why the fuck are the Braves so high on him, while they had other pitcher options, they start him on Opening Day? I hate repeating myself this and go on this little rant, but the Braves should have let the son of a bitch go a couple of years ago, because it's like a flip of a coin: He'll either pitch a good game and get a win, or give up runs on consistent basis, and lose for your team. I just hate the guy cause he's worrisome for the team, the fans, and me.

Nola pitched a great game, despite a slow start when he gave up a good bit of walks and gave up that run by Markakis. The Braves batting lineup, sans Markakis, couldn't respond to Nola's sick pitching that he delivered. It was a tough game the Bravos had to endure, but hopefully the team make a statement at the Phils in their next two meetings this weekend.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Good grief, the Dodgers set an opening day record with 8 home runs.

In other news, I caught most of the Jays game and they totally wasted a strong start by Marcus Stroman. I'm not sure why Montoyo felt the need to bring in Daniel Hudson after Ken Giles had just pitched a perfect 9th inning. I know he's supposed to be the closer but I'm sure they could have squeezed another inning out of him. On the offensive side of the ball, the Jays didn't even get a hit until the 7th inning, which isn't exactly the best way to start the season. I have a feeling this is going to be a long one.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I've listened to the game on iHeartRadio for the first four innings, while I was at work.

I was not surprised that Teheran gave up a homer early, from the very first batter he fought, Andrew McCutchen. Why the fuck are the Braves so high on him, while they had other pitcher options, they start him on Opening Day? I hate repeating myself this and go on this little rant, but the Braves should have let the son of a bitch go a couple of years ago, because it's like a flip of a coin: He'll either pitch a good game and get a win, or give up runs on consistent basis, and lose for your team. I just hate the guy cause he's worrisome for the team, the fans, and me.

Nola pitched a great game, despite a slow start when he gave up a good bit of walks and gave up that run by Markakis. The Braves batting lineup, sans Markakis, couldn't respond to Nola's sick pitching that he delivered. It was a tough game the Bravos had to endure, but hopefully the team make a statement at the Phils in their next two meetings this weekend.
    Yeah like your not a fan of Teheran who has hurt me a few times in Fantasy Baseball, not really sold on Privetta who is pitching tomorrow vs Wilson. Arrieta and Nola is a good that could become a great back to back combo to have, it's going to take the other Pitchers on my team to really push this team further than ever before. I'm happy as hell too the bottom of the lineup showed up big today Herrera and Franco guy who were at the top of the lineup hitting it as the top is doing their thing, where do you find outs as Pitcher when you have to deal with guys who is always putting the ball in play like Segura. It's only Game 1, I remember losing my shit after a week with my Phillies last Season so I can't get too high with this win today.

Real Women of Genius

God's Gift to God

Status

Teheran was fine really. He looked way better than he did last year and in that bandbox vs that lineup he did pretty damn great.

The bullpen sucks. Why snit ran out luke Jackson in a high leverage situation is beyond me. Same old snit

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Teheran was fine really. He looked way better than he did last year and in that bandbox vs that lineup he did pretty damn great.

The bullpen sucks. Why snit ran out luke Jackson in a high leverage situation is beyond me. Same old snit
    I was just skimming the box score and yeah, Jackson and Carle got shelled. Teheran's numbers actually look phenomenal by comparison.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Teheran fought a hard matchup against a scary batting lineup, then previous years of the Phillies. He could have played worse if he had stayed in there. Here's their lineup in today's game:

Andrew McCutchen
    Jean Segura
    Bryce Harper
    Rhys Hoskins
    JT Realmuto
    Odubel Herrera
    Cesar Hernandez
    Maikal Franco

That looks insane if you look at what each player's capable of. I'll be interested if their division rival Nationals, and their ace Max Scherzer, can go through the gauntlet of that lineup.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

War Eagle

Status

Braves would love nothing more than to trade Teheran, but unfortunately his trade value is so far into the tank that there's no suitors. The only reason he's even the Opening Day starter is because Folty & Gausman are both coming back from injuries. His biggest problem is his Fastball velocity has been slowly declining to the point where he's sitting in the low 90's and he's not the precision pitcher to be able to get away with that. However, saying that, he looked decent today and his velocity managed to stay around 92-94, which for him is a strong sign. Harper's absolutely abused him in his career as well, so to see him pitch well against Harper was a good sign as well.

Yet again, bullpen issues will be the problem with the Braves all season and against that lineup, I have no confidence in their arms at this point. With that being said...Acuna is the future and the Braves nee to pony up and pay that man whatever he wants!

Forever The Revival

Status

Braves should pony up some money and pay Kimbrel if they need bullpen, he's not unbeatable but he's a proven closer. Also this was a pathetic start to the season for Boston, Sale looked awful. And screw MLB or whoever is responsible for putting the game on ESPN, they are so terrible and barely call the games.
    [IMG]https://***************/57909_s.gif [/IMG]

God's Gift to God

Status

Dude was asking for 5 years and like 100 million. He and keuchel are asking for way too much that's why they aren't signed.

I love kimbrel but I don't want to overpay him because a shitty bullpen predictably had a shitty game. I'd rather bring up the guys like Clouse and give them a shot over dropping a ton of money. Dude won't even be ready until like May so it's not like he walks onto the field tomorrow and saves the game.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Was really happy with the Cubs on Opening Day. Won't be able to drop 12 on guys every night but Baez is one of the best players in the game and I think could challenge for MVP. I'd take Baez/Bryant/Rizzo over anyone's big 3. Will the pitching be enough is the question & I choose to have faith in these guys. Hendricks is in for a big year in particular.

Am psyched for the season & it was a wonderful start.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Status

My boy Robby Cano hitting a homer in his first at bat with the Mets. Prove Seattle wrong Robby!

My Yankees had a great opening day too. Glad to see my boy Luke Voit starting strong despite losing the 1B gig to shitty Greg Bird. Hopefully when Hicks comes back and Stanton falls back into the DH role permanently, Bird goes to the bench and Voit is the one staying in the lineup.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Great start for Padres home opener yesterday, I was at the game and had a good time. Machado didn’t do much but it’s just the first game, so there’s plenty of more time. My boy Wil Myers has a solid game though as well Fernando Tatis Jr.

It was our first home opening win since 2011 so that’s something.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Forever The Revival

Status

Dude was asking for 5 years and like 100 million. He and keuchel are asking for way too much that's why they aren't signed.

I love kimbrel but I don't want to overpay him because a shitty bullpen predictably had a shitty game. I'd rather bring up the guys like Clouse and give them a shot over dropping a ton of money. Dude won't even be ready until like May so it's not like he walks onto the field tomorrow and saves the game.
    Oh i wouldn't give him 100 mil and I'd hope by now he's come down from that price. But dude is one of the best closers in the game and I think something like 70-75 mil is a fine price for him.

Keuchel for some reason thinks he can come off a bad 2018 and make bank though, and I don't understand it.
    [IMG]https://***************/57909_s.gif [/IMG]

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

It's a (very) small sample size and it's against the Tigers, but the Jays starters haven't allowed a run over the first two games. If they can continue to get quality pitching like this, at the very least they should be in a lot of games this year.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

BIG KAIJU~

Status

What did I say Doom I don't trust Privetta and the dude has given up 3 Runs in 2 Innings fuck me. You can't make mistakes as Pitcher with the Braves team they'll make you pay more often than not.

Real Women of Genius

God's Gift to God

Status

Hoho our starting pitcher is 20 years old the world isn't over ok

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Hoho our starting pitcher is 20 years old the world isn't over ok
    Oh for sure, but I saw this in him last Season maybe he needs more work in the Minors and isn't ready to start.

Real Women of Genius

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Oh for sure, but I saw this in him last Season maybe he needs more work in the Minors and isn't ready to start.
    Bruh I meant Wilson for the braves. Pivetta is p good. Phillies have the lead again already it'll be ok for you bro

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Should be thanking Franco dude is stroking like if it was playoff time already.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information