Thread: Universal Cage Fighting Federation: The Beginning of the Globalverse.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Bellator Universal Cage Fighting Federation: The Beginning of the Globalverse.

Universal Cage Fighting Federation

The year is 1989. The last year of the 80's. Harry Van Der Linde has shocked the world of combat and formed The World's first ever Mixed Martial Arts promotion. Harry Van Der Linde is better known as the "Fight Master," known for being a commentator for any combat sport that peaks his interest. After seeing multiple kickboxing and jiu-jitsu events across Europe, Harry wondered what was the greatest form of combat? After some financial backing from some interested investors, Van Der Linde got the go ahead to form one of the most interesting ideas in sports history. 1989 will mark "The Birth of MMA" a term Van Der Linde used to describe this new sport. Harry did say that he has plans to host UCFF's first event in a few months time (Around February/March) with an 8-man tournament to be crowned the "King of Kings."

UCFF Rules:

• Each round will be 10 minutes long, with a 5 minute overtime in case the fight hasn't finished.
    • If the fight hasn't ben stopped by Knockout, TKO or Submission, then it'll fall to three judges to determine who they believe won the fight.
    • Strikes to a downed opponent are legal.
    • Elbows, Stomps, Soccer Kicks and Knees to a downed opponent are legal.
    • Fighters are not given a 10 count to stand.
    • There are no weight classes, everyone can fight at any weight they feel comfortable fighting at.
    • The fights will be contested in a 6-sided cage.

What is the Globalverse?

The Globalverse is a mod on the Grey Dog Software forums for the World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 game. The mod starts in 1989, where you take ownership of any company in the game's fictional world and give birth to MMA.

Why Europe?

MMA in Europe and the UK has always been a niche thing until fairly recently. The mainstream media are hesitant to fully back a British/European MMA company that isn't the UFC. It'd be interesting to see how the GV world plays out with the lone company being from Europe.

You've Done a Million BTBs,Why Should I Care About This One That Isn't a Wrestling BTB?

Unlike my other BTBs, I don't intend to put a lot of detail into describing the action. I will mainly be giving brief rundowns of how the fights played out. This is mainly going to be looking at the world created in WMMA5 and documenting what that universe looks like in BTB form. I want to stay active as I consider what I want to do wrestling-BTB wise, as I don't want to waste another BTB because I had one cool idea in my head, then have no idea how to execute it after 2 shows. Due to this being based on a game world, it should be a lot easier to document everything, get ideas in my head for the fights, etc. I'm not expecting a lot of comments on this due to it's Non-BTB standing and it being a MMA BTB, but I'll appreciate anyone who takes the time to read. Thank you and I hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Chaddes; 03-10-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

Re: Universal Cage Fighting Federation: The Beginning of the Globalverse.

UCFF King of Kings Tournament Participants Announced

A few days after creating the first ever MMA promotion, Harry Van Der Linde has announced that the first ever UCFF King of Kings Tournament will be held on the 24th of February. It'll be a 8-man tournament with the best athletes around the world battling it out to be crowned the King of Kings. The participants are:

Mantas Andreyev
    Style: Sambo
    Bio: Close friends with Van Der Linde, Mantas is one of Russia's most prominent Sambo experts. Although it hasn't been confirmed, it's rumoured that the tournament was designed to favour Andreyev to showcase the art of Sambo.

Fernando "The Traveller" Amaro
    Style: Kick Boxing/Grappling
    Bio: Known as "The Traveller" for being willing to fight anywhere in the world. Amaro is not only a deadly striker, but also a good grappler, so Amaro is one of the favourites to win the tournament due to him being the most well rounded.

Jeff "The Rock" Carlton
    Style: Ground and Pound
    Bio: Coming all the way from the United States, Jeff Carlton got the spot in the tournament for calling up Van Der Linde and outright demanding a spot on the card. Liking his attitude, Harry added the wrestler into the tournament.

"Swedish Superman" Gunnar Nilsson
    Style: Pit Fighting
    Bio: Gunnar Nilsson is a tough customer who nobody is going to enjoy fighting. Big, strong, and rugged, he is an expert at taking opponents down and beating them up. With UCFF based in Stockholm, Gunnar will without a doubt be a hometown hero.

Veeti "The Gut Buster" Kuqi
    Style: Brawler
    Bio: A huge hulk of a man from Finland, Veeti Kuqi has big canned hams for fists and if he can connect them to someone's face then he can do a lot of damage.

Manol "The Smasher" Sirakov
    Style: Slugger
    Bio: A Burganian man's man, Sirakov is notorious for having underground street fights across Scandinavia. Now being signed to UCFF, Sirakov is looking to go smash some heads.

"Heavy Rain" Lev Mikhaylichenko
    Style: Boxing
    Bio: Standing a massive 6'8, Mikhaylichenko is by far the tallest competitor in this entire tournament and also the youngest at only 18 years old. Lev will be relying on his big power in his hands to get himself the Knockout.

Walter May
    Style: Kick Boxing
    Bio: A former UK kick boxing champion, May is a technical striker who while he may not have a lot of KO power, the amount of strikes he throws will certainly do damage.

UCFF 1: King of Kings Tournament Matchcard:

Jeff Carlton vs Lev Mikhaylichenko

Gunnar Nilsson vs Walter May

Manol Sirakov vs Mantas Andreyev

Fernando Amaro vs Veeti Kuqi

Last edited by Chaddes; 03-12-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Oh shit, it's my boy Gunnar Nilsson!

I'm so glad to see someone doing a TEW/WMMA game here. Makes me feel much better about my own failed experiment. Let's hope it lasts.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

UCFF King of Kings 1
    24/02/1989
    Stolkholm Sweden
    58 Attendence

Jeff Carlton (256 pounds) vs Lev Mikhaylichenko (287 pounds)
    A completely one-sided performance for "The Rock," Jeff Carlton started off the fight with a big takedown and began working over the taller and younger Mikhaylichenko. Lev never really got going in the fight as Jeff would land some bombs on Mikhaylichenko and try some Armbars and Kimuras, but Lev was able to defend himself comfortably. Jeff eventually takes his back and after several HARD blows to the face, the referee jumps in to save Lev from anymore damage, with Jeff Carlton advancing to the semi-finals of the King of Kings Tournament.
    Spoiler:

Jeff Carlton (1-0) defeated Lev Mikhaylichenko (0-1) by TKO in the 1st Round.

Gunnar Nilsson (268 pounds) vs Walter May (170 pounds)
    A decent start for the Swedish Superman, as Nilsson grabbed the Scot and try to use his size and strength to his advantage, grinding May against the cage. Walter was able to get some control back however, as the kickboxer was able to use his strikes to keep Gunnar at bay. The fight went to the judges, and due to Walter landing some big punches near the end of the bout, the judges picked May as the upset win.
    Spoiler:

Walter May (1-0) defeated Gunnar Nilsson (0-1) by Unaminous Decision.

Manol Sirakov (260 pounds) vs Mantas Andreyev (211 pounds)
    We have another fight that went to the judges descression, as the massive Manol Sirakov battle the comparitively smaller Mantas Andreyev. This fight would be a one-sided showcase for Andreyev, as he would land 67 strikes compared to Sirakov's 6. Although Mantas was unable to finish Manol, he did win an unsurprising Unaminous Decision for the victory.

Spoiler:

Mantas Andreyev (1-0) defeated Manol Sirakov (0-1) by Unamonious Decision.

Fernando Amaro (188 pounds) vs Veeti Kuqi (272 pounds)
    The crowd in Sweden were mixed for this bout, as the Finnish Kuqi came out of the gate early, looking for the KO. Veeti however was unable to connect with a lot of his shots and Amaro would showly start picking Kuqi apart with some lovely leg kicks, which slowly but surely started to play a part of the fight. Fernando's speed was certainly playing a part, but near the end of the first 10 minutes, Veeti connected with a THUNDEROUS Right Hand, leaving Amaro staggering until the Spaniard managed to grab Kuqi and neutralize him until the 10 minutes ended. By Round 2, Veeti was clearly really tired while Amaro was good, as Fernando managed to stagger Veeti early, getting the knockdown and after a failed Kimura attempt, managed to pass to full mount and synch in an Armbar in the first 90 seconds of Round 2.

Spoiler:

Fernando Amaro (1-0) defeated Veeti Kuqi (0-1) by Submission in Round 2.

Phil Verdigree (236 pounds) vs Travis Jones (172 pounds)
    Our first non-tournament match as we had a battle of the Welshmen. A dull affair to be honest, Verdigree was in control from start to finish, as after blowing out his gastank early with some attempted big blows, decided to just use his weight against Travis, wearing him down against the cage to boos from the Stolkholm crowd. Jones did try to out-grapple Phil, only for Verdigree to neutralize him and although Verdigree did land some good shots against the cage, nothing else of note happened for Phil to win by Unaminous Decision.

Spoiler:

Phil Verdigree (1-0) defeated Travis Jones (0-1) by Unaminous Decision.

Jeff Carlton (256 pounds) vs Walter May (170 pounds)
    Those who were hoping for another big upset by Walter were left thoroughly disappointed, as Jeff dominated May from start to finish. Starting off by dodging all of May's combos, Carlton picked up May and SLAMMED him down,taking side control and started landing some huge knees to the ribs to Walter, trashtalking him while doing it. Carlton got on top in Full Mount and started landing some big blows, so May ended up giving up his back and Carlton sealed the deal with a Rear Naked Choke for the victory.

Spoiler:

Jeff Carlton (2-0) defeated Walter May (1-1) by Submission in Round 1.

Mantas Andreyev (211 pounds) vs Fernando Amaro (188 pounds)
    In an extremely close bout in paper, it turned out to be a one-sided beating for Amaro, with Andreyev landing ONE strike the entire fight. Fernando would keep constant pressure against Mantas, peppering him with shots before throwing bombs and landing against the fence. It looked like a failed takedown attempt in the 2nd was going to give Andreyev a chance, but Fernando took control of the grapple and the two stayed against the fence for the rest of the fight, giving Amaro a shot in the finals against Carlton.
    Spoiler:

Fernando Amaro (2-0) defeated Mantas Andreyev (1-1) by Unaminous Decision.

Bence Bodor (232 pounds) vs Zaco (203 pounds)
    Another exhibition match here, and luckily, this one was more exciting than the Verdigree-Jones fight. Zaco really turned some heads tonight as he was able to quickly take down Bodor and was bullying Bodor on the ground forcing the Hungarian to give his back to the Brazilian, leading to another Rear Naked Choke submission of the night.
    Spoiler:

Zaco (1-0) defeated Bence Bodor (0-1) by Submission in Round 1.

Jeff Carlton (256 pounds) vs Fernando Amaro (188 pounds)
    A bit of a downer to end the night, both fighters were quite tired and it showed in each man's performances. Carlton took Fernando at will and while at the beginning he was going for the finish with some big ground strikes, he was comfortable just lying on top of Fernando, samothering him for the entire 10 minutes. In Round 2, Amaro tried to get some offence going as he dodged a takedown and tried to swarm Carlton with strikes, but the American was able to comfortably deal with them and take Amaro down. Jeff held Amaro down again for the rest of the fight for the Unaminous Decision, a poor way to end the night.

Spoiler:

Jeff Carlton (3-0) defeated Fernando Amaro (2-1) by Unaminous Decision.

Harry Van Der Linde enters the cage with a microphone and a big cheque for 200,000 Euros, Carlton hugs Jeff and has a huge smile on his face.

Van Der Linde: "Jeff Carlton, congratulations on an impressive performance. 3 dominant displays inside the cage, how does it feel to be the inaugural winner of the UCFF King of Kings Tournament?"

Carlton: "Let me tell ya somethin, Tonight, I went in there with a 6'8 Goliath, a tough as f*ck Scotsman and a hell of a fighter in Fernando Amaro, and I kicked ALL their asses! Hey, I don't give a f*ck who you are, what your background is or any of that bullsh*t, you want a piece of "The Rock?" Fine by me muthaf*cka, cause I don't mind givin' every muthaf*cka on this roster a good ol' Louisiana ass whoopin!"

Jeff walks off raising his cheque in the air as we come to a close on the first ever UCFF card!
    Last edited by Chaddes; 03-12-2019 at 03:42 AM.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

UCFF King of Kings 2 Announcement

Harry Van Der Linde held a press conference to announce that they would be hosting their 2nd King of Kings tournament in June. Van Der Linde stated that he has a "plan" for the winner of the next tournament, whilst also announcing that they intend to have another two King of Kings tournaments in October and December. After the first UCFF event, Jeff Carlton and Veeti Kuqi had a confrontation backstage, where both men ended up trading blows backstage. Harry announced that at King of Kings 2, the co-main event will be Carlton vs Kuqi in a Exhibition fight. As for the competitors in King of Kings 2, they are as follows:

Fernando "The Traveller" Amaro (2-1)
    Style:
    Kick Boxing/Grappling
    Bio: This tournament will see the return of King of Kings 1 finalist Fernando Amaro, who managed to defeat Veeti Kuqi and Mantas Andreyev before losing to Jeff Carlton in a terrible fight. Looking to use his tournament experience, Amaro is looking to do what he was unable to do in February.

Zaco (1-0)
    Style:
    Greco-Roman Wrestling
    Bio: One of two men who made their debuts in non-tournament matches at UCFF 1, Zaco is a relentless grappler who is looking to manhandle his opponents with his wrestling accumen. Zaco has to be considered one of the favourites out of the past UCFF competitors.

Phil Verdigree (1-0)
    Style:
    Boxing
    Bio: A big Welsh Heavyweight that fought in an exhibition match against Travis Jones, despite an unimpressive win, due to the victory Verdigree has been added to the tournament alongside fellow exhibition winner, Zaco. A big underdog going into this tournament, Phil is looking to show all the doubters how wrong they are come UCFF 2.

"The Warrior" Dokuohtei Kuroki (1-0)
    Style:
    Japanese Jiu-Jitsu
    Bio: Having competed over in Japan in an Exhibition bout, Dokuohtei will be looking to showcase his submission accumen against the best in the world.

"The King" James Foster
    Style: Wrestling
    Bio: Someone that many pundits are claiming may be the best wrestler in the world, James Foster has already stated he has intentions of winning a gold medal in the 1994 Olympic Games. In his spare time though, Foster is looking to show that he's just the best fighter in the entire world, period. Could go on to be a legend in the sport if he plays his cards right.

Sean Morrison
    Style: Wrestling
    Bio: Sean is another great wrestling standout, who's looking to compete in the 1994 Olympic Games alongside his competitor in the tournament, James Foster. One of the smallest men in the tournament, Morrison is quoted saying that "it doesn't matter how big you are if you're tapping like a bitch," we'll see how true that statement if for him at the 2nd ever King of Kings Tournament.

"The Brixton Butcher" Stafford Alois
    Style: Kick Boxing
    Bio: A former amateur kick boxer around the UK, Alois decided to steer away from pro kick boxing and compete against different styles of fighting to prove he's one of the best in the world. We'll soon find out if "The Brixton Butcher" has what it takes to be crowned "the King of Kings."

Jim Carpenter
    Style: Grappling
    Bio: A grappler travelling from Wigan, Carpenter is a submission artist who has competed in submission tournaments around the world. Carpenter will be looking to impress in his first outing inside the UCFF cage.
    Last edited by Chaddes; 05-04-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Thread Information