Thread: Red Dead Rattlesnakes: A RDR Fan Fiction Story

Status
      Country                    United States

Red Dead Rattlesnakes: A RDR Fan Fiction Story

This is the story of an outlaw gang called the Lone Rattlesnakes in the post Civil War wild west. It is set in the world of the fictional video game Red Dead Redemption, and will feature cities and potentially characters from the series. As of now this is set to be a four volume series that will cover the Lone Rattlesnakes gang and it's members between the years of 1866 and 1916.

Volume I: The Origin Story

Chapter 1: Tumbleweed

Main Characters

Spoiler:

Sully (Played by Jeffery Donovan): A 20 year old outlaw who finds himself in the Tumbleweed Jail cell after a bank robbery gone wrong.

Cain (Played by Martin Sensmeier): A young Native American from the Wapiti Indians tribe, who is currently in the Tumbleweed Jail after being accused of a crime he didn't commit. He needs to get crucial medicine back to his tribe who is fighting off a critical illness.

Gingy (Played by Ed Sheeran): An Irish town drunk who finds himself getting intro trouble in the local town of Armadillo before being saved by an unlikely pairing.

Grace (Played by Carrie Underwood): An southern belle turned outlaw cowgirl.

Sheriff Ted (Played by Ted Danson):
    The cynical old Sheriff of Tumbleweed who makes it his mission to go after a couple of escaped prisoners. He has a strong hatred towards Native Americans, and discriminates against any that come across his path.

Benard (Played by John Malkovich): The Leader of a group called "The Cleansers", an outlaw gang that locates and murders Native American tribes, in an attempt to "cleanse" the land.

Rainey (Played by Michael Rooker):
    Benard's right hand man and the leading enforcer for "The Cleansers" outlaw gang.

Last edited by Sully; 05-03-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Status

Re: Red Dead Rattlesnakes: A RDR Fan Fiction Story

Volume I: The Origin Story

Chapter 1: Tumbleweed

Despite the dust, the town of Tumbleweed is one of the more thriving areas of New Austin. It is a place where most people came to flee following the civil war. Although until recently, California was the only "free state". The rest of the states, including New Austin, had still allowed slavery. Although it was not as popularized and in demand as it was in say Lemoyne or Georgia, it was still something white citizens were not happy parting ways with.

Sheriff Ted was one of the worst. He was scum of the scum. He did not like anyone who did not look like him. But if there was on group of people he didn't like most, it was Native Americans.

And that's just who rode into town. A Native American named Cain Walker.

Cain had just rode into Tumbleweed on his Appaloosa horse. He hitched her to the town saloon, and walked in to buy a drink. He was really here to buy some supplies, but after riding all the way in from his reservation west of Gaptooth Ridge, he was parched.

Walker had on a pair of brown leather pants, and a black leather vest with no shirt underneath. Around his head was a cloth bandanna, and on his back was his signature bow, with a his homemade quiver strung over his shoulder. The difference between Cain and every other man in Tumbleweed, is Cain did not carry a revolver. He did have his buck knife however attached to his belt.

Cain pushed open the two wooden swing doors and slowly walked into the saloon.

Every man stopped to turn their head.

The piano stopped playing.

All eyes were on Cain Walker.

Cain walked up to the bar of the saloon. Where he was met with dead silence.

So Walker began to talk, in a raspy dry quiet voice.

Cain Walker: How much for a drink?

The Bartender looked at Cain with disgust, before responding...

Bartender: For you? Fiftah.

Cain gave the bartender a squinty stare, but offered him no verbal reaction whatsoever. He was used to this. He would not give this man the reaction he wanted.

Instead, he decided to turn around and walk out of the bar.

But before he could get to the door, Sheriff Ted appeared out of nowhere. Ted looked on with a big shit eating grin.

He blocked the exit for Walker.

Cain turned around to look for a different way to go, but he soon found the other bar patrons had blocked the other exits too.

Sheriff Ted:
    Now what the hell do we have here? What did you just steal?

Walker, now starting to get frustrated, responds...

Cain Walker: I did not take anything.

Sheriff Ted:
    Bullshit you didn't. I saw you with my own two eyes. You calling a man of the law a liar? That's a crime.

The other bar patrons start to berate Walker. One pushes him from behind and into Sheriff Ted.

As Cain falls into Sheriff Ted, the lawman's expression changes from amusement to anger. He punches Walker in the gut, and the Native falls to the floor.

Sheriff Ted:
    Now you're attacking me? That is a crime punishable by death.

Ted pulls out his revolver, and aims it at Cain's head.

Sheriff Ted:
    What do you say red man? Are you ready to eat a bullet?

Walker gets on one knee, and stares Ted down.

The Sheriff puts his gun away.

Sheriff Ted:
    Nah...you're not worth the bullet.

Walker lets out a sign of relief, thinking the harrasment is over.

But then, Sheriff Ted pulls out a pair of handcuffs.

Sheriff Ted: A rope is probably a much better fit.

Walker then takes a swing a Ted, and knocks him down with a right hook.

Another cowboy from the bar grabs Walker, but Cain elbows him in the face and sends him flying out the window. Walker then goes on to take on four more guys, tossing them all around the bar in a brawl.

When suddenly, Walker is knocked out cold but a huge dirty black boot.

The boot...belonging to the infamous Bad Benard.

Benard had hit Walker in the head with the butt of his repeater, knocking him out.

He then points it at his head.

Benard: I would love to take one of these things out today...

When Sheriff Ted stops him...

Sheriff Ted: Benard, god damn it I didn't need your help. You know you and your gang aren't welcome here.

Benard: Fine. You don't want The Cleansers here keeping Tumbleweed clean? We'll go somewhere else.

Benard and several other men leave the bar.

Sheriff Ted then wipes the blood from his mouth and looks down at Walker, who is now knocked out.

He turns back to one of his deputies and yells out at him.

Sheriff Ted: Hey you! Get this piece of shit up and into the jail. Tomorrow, we hang him.

Two deputies then pick up Cain, and drag him across town to the Tumbleweed jail. Throwing him one of the cells and locking the door.

_____

Hours have passed now.

Cain Walker starts to come to.

It is now dark,

Walker rubs his head, and looks around.

The jail is empty...except for one man. Sitting in the cell next to his, and wide awake.

The man looks at Cain with wide eyes.

Man: I was wondering when you'd wake up. Names Sully.

Cain looks at the man with those signature squinty eyes.

Sully: And you're gonna help me get out of here.

​End Chapter 1.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Awesome start Sully.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Very Important Lobster

Status

Good start to things, can't wait to see chapter 2 in July 2021 :p

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Awesome start Sully.

Thank you. I cut it shorter and didn't end it where I originally planned, but I think I like the shorter size because I don't want people to lose interest with too long of chapters.

I have at least four volumes mapped out for this story.

Glad I finally have the time to put a little effort into it. However this first chapter felt weak as I had written it right after doing my FWA promo. Not much gas in the tank, but I really wanted to get this started.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'v always been a fan of this kind of genre. There's always something about it that has caught my interest no matter what i'm reading or watching.

I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Holy shit, this is awesome. I'm hooked. First chapter was a nice introduction to Cain Walker, the Sheriff, The Cleansers and SULLY~! Not to much dialogue which is good for the opening scene with everybody being so tense, but you still got aspects of the characters across really well.

Definitely looking forward to finding out more about Sully next chapter. Terrific start mate.

Thread Information